The true evolution

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The FireWater

05-03-2013

Honestly, I've never been a Viktor fan. But I'll make some general contribution regardless.

I've only played him briefly on free weeks. Some champs playing the first time have led me to think "Wow, so this is why everyone like's this guy. He's amazing" some champs like Viktor have left me lackluster. Burst always felt just a tad low (too many enemies escaping with low health when it seemed like other champs could have finished them off)

I'm not saying he's bad, just not for me. He has a fun, and unusual kit that can dominate people not used to fighting him. His laser specifically makes great poke that's annoying to try and dodge.

I think I only started to have any love for Viktor with the introduction of Jayce. ... I hate Jayce. In my mind he was nothing but a disappointment of a champ-100, and made Viktor into a Saturday morning cartoon villain in the process. So since the choice was Jayce or Viktor, I chose Viktor. If you guys can make him more enjoyable and into a champ I'd want to try out again... well that'd be great.

Roy1980

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-03-2013

whatever you do RIOT.
PLS.
PLS.
PLS.
Don't touch the laser.

OmenOfPlague

05-03-2013

Viktor "e" is a farming machine ... something that stack units killed with the augment selected could work.

ThermoFusion

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solcrushed View Post
Pretty much, I do not see myself changing his base spells too much other than synching ranges ./ moving things around a little.

He will always be a very high skillcap champion unless I decide to change his laser, and I don't plan to become minced troll meat anytime soon. :0
I am aware that many players that play Viktor are drawn to him for his uniqueness and I will definitely be preserving that.
Please treat him gently... Viktor is the only champ that I was so excited about that unlocked on him release even purchasing him and the bundle with RP. He's one of few champs I feel I'm good with and the only mage that I consistently enjoy playing.

I'm still sore from a recent barrage of reworks that all seem to have been targeted at champs I liked and all leaving me dissapointed to various degrees.

This rework to Viktor's passive has me hopeful though.

ElSalyerFan

05-03-2013

i just played viktor once, i loved his ult and the fact that he can E without... casting? stopping from moving;

i hated the fact that i had to give an item slot for the augment. lategame i felt like i was lacking something. and i could ward less because if i built an item with 2 parts most of the time i didn't had the slots to ward.

Macrofarad

05-03-2013

How complex to make the augment? Make it invoker level complex, but also make it so that you buy tiers and not the augment itself, allowing the user to switch the augment in use.

That's my input =D

SceneSlip

05-03-2013

As a Player who Mains Viktor, I hear a lot of people saying how he falls off late game. I feel he doesn't. But if you were looking into something like that I feel all he would need is a second upgrade on his core. Maybe combine it with another blasting wand and a Neg cloak for ap, magic resist, and same for armor. Another solution would maybe making it to where as soon as you upgrade your Augment, it moves to a passive slot and the slot in your inventory becomes free.

Another thing would maybe make his shield not instant, but come back a lot faster after its hit the champ or minion.

BBBombBB

05-03-2013

I always love Viktor freeweek. He's the only one I play then. I haven't got around to buying him though because he is a type of champion that I won't play every game. It's something about his kit that I'm not a fan of. It can't be the stun cause that's just an AMAZING ability. Maybe it's his ult or shield. If the ult were to move faster than it is at the moment, I think Viktor would be much better. Often, when I use it, enemies only get damaged for its casting, and not the electric shocks that come after. Now, for the shield. I like the idea of it, but it's range is too small for me. By going in to use it, you are kind of forcing yourself to take damage from enemies. A slight increase of range would be great. But if you implement one of these changes, please only use one, because otherwise he'd actually be way too strong. The laser overall is a great ability due its complexity like Rumble's ult, where you can choose its direction. I have never seen anyone buy Augment Power, and I'd like for it to be purchased. I always see Augment Death chosen because of its damage. I personally get Augment Gravity for the cooldown reduction in order to max it to 40% (and the mana regen is nice). Yup, these are my thought, all written down here.

FalkorsRaiders

05-03-2013

Quote:
Pretty much, I do not see myself changing his base spells too much other than synching ranges ./ moving things around a little.

He will always be a very high skillcap champion unless I decide to change his laser, and I don't plan to become minced troll meat anytime soon. :0
I am aware that many players that play Viktor are drawn to him for his uniqueness and I will definitely be preserving that.
I know you probably can't speak on this, or maybe have no real clue, but what are the chances of him getting a VU and new lore?

Right now his lore, in my opinion, pegs him in a completely different light then Jayce's does. Viktor's lore tells a story of a man who had a dream and lost it when another stole credit for his works, leaving the man shattered and turning to something drastic to cope. Jayce's lore makes him out to be more like a saturday morning cartoon villain with henchman and failing and everyone hating him.
I don't really mind the lore Jayce's story has for Viktor, but I am afraid that Viktor's lore will change to fit more towards the Jayce view and lose, or marginalize, his origin story that I feel can be somewhat relatable. If they redo his lore, I really hope the origin stays in and isn't shorten to a sentence or two, because I feel like it really helps his overall character and isn't something that "needs to change".

I'm a little scared of what might happen if Viktor gets a VU. I've seen mentions from other Rioters of how cool Viktor could be if he was more mechanized or beefier. I really hope something like that doesn't happen. Right now I really like how he looks. He isn't beefy or overly armored. His look is deceptive of his power, really skinny and fragile looking, but powerful and dangerous. I love the fact that he has a physique of a scientist, of a skinny human.

I personally tend to like champs more based off their character, body language, and story more-so then their game play. Trundle was my favorite champ, and after the change I don't really like him. Game play wise, the new Trundle is amazing. Riot did a great job their. My problem with new Trundle is the new lore and ascetics. It's just not my type of character, and that's fine. There are different types of champs for different people, and that's awesome. I'm just really worried for Viktor, a champ who I've really liked for a long time, changing in a way (outside of game play) that doesn't really appeal to me.

niqht

05-03-2013

Quote:
Can you go back in time and do Karma for us?

:/