The true evolution

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

crzymdscntst

05-03-2013

His Augment takes up an item slot. His biggest problem is that it should be worthy of taking up an item AND a passive AND gold. It's not. You can get better items for less gold.

If there was a visible route to go that wouldn't cripple him like overkill... Well Kha'Zix's route does seem to provide the most promise. Where he gets a point to rank his bonus, rather than waste an item slot and gold.

The question would be whether to ditch the item effects and just give him a point to upgrade each skill... or give him a singular point to upgrade with. If this is basically the route taken, I think both options need to be weighed.

Overall the stat bonus will have to be considered as per a steroid if the gold component is removed. However I feel it should be noted that as-is, his augments are forcing balance changes, because they are being "forced" into balance decisions. As if it's a steroid he doesn't have to pay for. This really shouldn't be how it is.

Likewise he's being balanced on augments he "MIGHT" get. This means you buy 1 and then have two skills that are just barely sub-par.

However, there's another thing I've always thought was off, and that's his W. Augment aside, while it is an AoE stun/slow in effect, it does nothing. There is a ton of CC reduction in the game. In previous thoughts on Viktor, I mentioned Vik has too much damage to add more, so I feel that utility is the only thing that can be added. If they are stunned, the stacks just stop.

So a previous idea, as I was saying is having the stacks represented as a counter and reducing MR by a few points per stack. Not only can enemies more accurately track stacks (as can you), I feel it would add just barely enough power to make using it more "worth it".

I don't know if I'm alone in my thoughts, but here they are.

Dr Toenail

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-03-2013

I dont like how he has a staff AND an arm thingy that makes him super asymmetrical. I think he only needs one or the other considering he doesn't even use the staff

Noctis Lunaris

05-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Toenail View Post
I dont like how he has a staff AND an arm thingy that makes him super asymmetrical. I think he only needs one or the other considering he doesn't even use the staff
His staff shoots lasers for his AA animation, while his arm thingy shoots lasers for his E animation.

Nilesaaa

05-03-2013

I think That "augment" should not be forced upon us players. I think it should be like a "tooth necklace" thing where you can buy it off from the shop and upgrade it accordingly. Also, better upgrades to the augments should really have a difference. Also this would mean a new passive.

ValorousVisage

05-03-2013

To answer the OP

I had considered playing him several times, but I don't really like his skins that much, and the hand sticking out of his back is scrawny and looks too much like a toy i'd see in a children's TV show rather than the awesome death laser that it is (though I neither expect, nor want this to change).

I have also heard from several different people that he's bad. He's not really my play style either, so I've shied away from buying him for the time being. I will definitely buy him one day, and though he's not at the top of my list, he might be moving up pending adjustment.

Graven

05-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solcrushed View Post
Pretty much, I do not see myself changing his base spells too much other than synching ranges ./ moving things around a little.

He will always be a very high skillcap champion unless I decide to change his laser, and I don't plan to become minced troll meat anytime soon. :0
I am aware that many players that play Viktor are drawn to him for his uniqueness and I will definitely be preserving that.
His laser is the LAST skill you should be thinking about changing(lower CD would help though)

Just increase the range on his "q" by a little and reduce the amount of time for the stun from his "w" to trigger to 2 seconds instead of 3, give the 3rd tier upgrade and we are set.

I think Viktor should reach his maximum strenght late game, the 3rd tier upgrade must be well conceived, because, having 5 slots for the whole game assuming that you are warding(which you should) + boots, really get in the way of his itemization, sometimes you are forced to buy the whole item full price because you lack slots to carry other items, so it's only fair that it should pay off late game, the name is "Evolving Technology" after all.

IS1c1d21220aa58ffe97d65

05-03-2013

@Solcrushed

I think the main issue about his passive is that it "leads" Viktor's build and eventual purpose in teamfights. What if he were given just a simple AP item like the starting Core, give him options to increase his Health, Mana, CDR, more AP, Movespeed, Mana Regen, etc. etc. individually (of course these would be cheaper upgrades and on limited availabilities). This let's players arrive at very different versions of the Item almost every game. I know the upgrades on his skills would also be lost but maybe you can still add that in as final upgrades. This will also probably turn Viktor into a more farm oriented AP carry as he has to "fuel" his upgrades more in more but this should not feel that tedious if handled well.

Roy1980

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-03-2013

I hope serious thought is being given to making the second upgrade to his core a combination of the core and an item. That would address the inherent weakness of the design, which is that he has one less item slot than other champs, and would fit into his theme of being a scientist and all.

example:

power augment +Hextech Revolver+1000g=Hextech power augment
The item now grants him +3 ability power per level, +400 health, and +50 ability power. Power Transfer increases Viktor's movement speed by 30% for 3 seconds and heals for 50% for damage done over 3 seconds.

gravity augment+ Mikael's Crucible+300g=Gravity Crucible augment
The item now grants him +3 ability power per level, +600 mana, 40 magic resist, +10% cooldown reduction. Gravity Field's cast range is increased by 30% and any allies inside of Gravity field are healed for some amount of time while it is active.
Unique Passive - Mana Font: Increases your Mana Regen by 5% per 5% Mana you are missing.

death augment+Rabadon's Deathcap+1000g=Rabadon's death augment
The item now grants him +3 ability power per level and +200 ability power. Death Ray sets fire to enemies, dealing 75% additional magic damage over 4 seconds.

clearly, these numbers may be op, but you get the gist of what I am saying. Victor as he is is just fine, and as a Viktor main, I can say that I don't buy the other upgrades as an ap mid because they are simply not as effective in that role. Mid is usually an arms race, and the power and gravity augments set him behind. These changes would give victor back his missing item slot as well give players a real reason to choose the other upgrades, as they make him viable in more than just one role (ap mid).

Lord Morgan

05-03-2013

I play Viktor a little bit, I must agree that both Augments:Power/Gravity look kind of dull in comparison to Death, maybe they could be buffed up a little bit with better stats or nicer effects.

Also I think that it would be awesome if all three Augments could be upgraded once or twice, becoming even greater Items and helping decision making feel like it's there at all.

If that could happen, it could be even cooler if the upgrades would appear as changes on Viktor's skin, like for example, upgrades for Death would change the arm on his back, upgrades on Power could change his mechanic leg and the ones on Gravity improve his metalic arm (Cosmetic changes, like Kha'Zix evolutions).

What I mean is that you should be able to upgrade the Hex Core to Augment: Death (for example) and then be able to chose between Augment:Carnage and Augment:Massacre (again, just examples), any of those further Augments would improve Death Ray further (Dual Lasers, wider/longer laser, etc) and maybe add some passive related to it (Enemies regain less health, each enemy hit by the laser lowers its cooldown, etc), giving the player more possible choices and turning the former weakness (Having 1 item slot less than the rest of the champs) into a nice unique characteristic.

Imagine if you could upgrade the other 2 Augments in the same way, I bet Viktor would be much more popular and interesting to play.

Vandevic

05-03-2013

He looked amazing. I really wanted him. I like most all his abilities, but his ult seemed a little weird to me and was a tad bit hard to understand. Then after release it seemed his power level was completely underwhelming, as was his augment system, so I never picked him up.

Whenever I've seen him played he was pretty unimpressive, unless he got snowballed and then that death ray seemed to hit like a truck.