The true evolution

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Danage

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-03-2013

Actually, I think one of the best ways to have him viable is to have his item upgradable a second time! The benefit of it could be half the stats of the other augments.

eg. If you upgrade the death ray to 30%, you can then upgrade the item again, and it will give +15% movespeed on power transfer AND +15% range on the gravity field. This will still mean the original choice still has the greatest effect, but it allows Viktor to still be Viktor!

Danage

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-03-2013

Also, the Augment Gravity Field was the least interesting upgrade... If it could be something like:

Ability Augment: Enemies in the Gravity Field deal 30% less physical and magic damage.

Danage

05-03-2013

And make his auto-attack range 550... PLEASE!

Orothrim

05-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danage View Post
Also, the Augment Gravity Field was the least interesting upgrade... If it could be something like:

Ability Augment: Enemies in the Gravity Field deal 30% less physical and magic damage.
The problem here is that your aim is to stun them if they are in the gravity field, so they won't be doing damage anyway?

amonkeybutt

05-03-2013

Ive played im once, and i didnt think he was all that bad control wise. However, every time ive played against him....he died. A lot. Maybe a little less squish?

And maybe give his ult tracking instead of manual control, along with the control option. I coudnt imagine having to play with the R, the E and the entire team at once. Must be a nightmare.

Redeemed In Fire

05-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheogorath View Post
Would I be greedy if I asked for a tiny bit more information? Viktor currently suffers because:

1 - his augments ain't that great (death is pretty good)
2 - he has to be in melee range to dish out most of his damage (Q and R)

I understand that you are changing the way his augments work, but do you have anything planned for problem number 2?

EDIT: Could you also tweak his difficulty level? I think with the combination of his ult and his laser he deserves to be at 90 if not 100. He might not be as difficult as Syndra, but he's definitely on par with Cassiopeia and Orianna.
I thought the gravity augment upgrade leaked granted increased cast range and silence duration to his ult if you bought it, Riot may be trying something like that.

@Solcrushed: Is it possible you can try the PBE as a testing grounds for changes?

jakeoti

05-03-2013

I'm assuming that you can't give us too much info, but I'll ask anyway: you've discussed the idea of the augments upgrading beyond tier 1, which is probably what the rework will give. However, are the other augments going to be changed? I personallly only would support changes of the stats, but not the move changes. If you take away my precious yellow speed boost, I will be a very sad man.

Nilous7

05-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solcrushed View Post
Pretty much, I do not see myself changing his base spells too much other than synching ranges ./ moving things around a little.

He will always be a very high skillcap champion unless I decide to change his laser, and I don't plan to become minced troll meat anytime soon. :0
I am aware that many players that play Viktor are drawn to him for his uniqueness and I will definitely be preserving that.

No, please feel free to change Viktor's Q. Between how simple the animation is (it looks like a glorified auto attack) and how disappointingly low effectiveness it is, Viktor's Power Transfer can be changed.

Viktor is about having the right tool, right skill for every situation. His Q doesn't have a situational purpose that makes it shine. There is a low skill cap for it, and low involvement (because of its effect and the mechanic it uses to active). As such, if you do upgrade Viktor, give him a 3rd basic ability to make him shine. Now a weaker version of Lux's shield.

Ycore

05-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solcrushed View Post
He will always be a very high skillcap champion unless I decide to change his laser, and I don't plan to become minced troll meat anytime soon. :0
I am aware that many players that play Viktor are drawn to him for his uniqueness and I will definitely be preserving that.
I'm glad to see someone is at least sensitive to the fact that remakes should try and keep the core playstyle intact. I do really like his laser as is.. Wish Scarizard had applied the same sensitivity to Karma before she was butchered.

XartaX

05-03-2013

I find a name like so[u]lcrusher with a picture of old trundle as the avatar hilarious xD