The true evolution

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shaboopie

01-15-2013

I'm actually really not a fan of the Augment in the shop. It seems kind of a waste of a slot, since it leaves you with only 5 real Items you can build, but you don't really function properly without it. Maybe make it like... You choose which one to get when you reach lvl 6, or whenever, but you don't have to buy it or use up an Item slot for it.

iCarry NA

01-15-2013

The only real change Augment: Power could use (all in theory of course) is to increase the health granted from the item to around 300-350 from 220, the health regeneration per 5 seconds to 8-10 from 6, and maybe add a bonus to both defenses, lets say around 20. Unrelated to augment edits, a missile speed increase on his Q, OR at least an instant shield proc for when his Q does its damage, instead of having to wait for the projectile to return. If you were to buff Q it would be only logical to slightly tweak his E, I was thinking slightly less damage with a shorter cool down, because the vision granted from his E is a useful mechanic.

Iridos

01-15-2013

My biggest Viktor problem can be neatly summarized as follows: "Screw every augment except death. Therefore, boring."

Uroboros

01-15-2013

Invisible lazors still OP.

iCarry NA

01-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iridos View Post
My biggest Viktor problem can be neatly summarized as follows: "Screw every augment except death. Therefore, boring."
You obviously haven't experimented with Viktor as much as myself, or you could truly appreciate each of his augmentations, and the respective builds / play styles that they fit.

Dm4c

01-15-2013

The absolute main problem i find with viktor is that his item is a huge gimp mid/late-late game when your build starts to cap at 6 items. His passive just does not provide enough with what it takes away from him.

Aside from that, his e is more buggy than jarvan, but it seems to be better now. His w although good, still feels like a limiting factor on him.

Desmond Law

01-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by howlor View Post
You obviously haven't experimented with Viktor as much as myself, or you could truly appreciate each of his augmentations, and the respective builds / play styles that they fit.
How do you build around Gravity aug? I only bought it twice and never really got the hang of it. I still went apc

Camerlango

01-15-2013

Viktor's one of my favourite champions, and I find his E (laser) to be fun and rewarding to hit. I'd just like his ult to move like Annie's bear, with the Alt key as currently it feels a little awkward. Other than that he has a really good ingame model

iCarry NA

01-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desmond Law View Post
How do you build around Gravity aug? I only bought it twice and never really got the hang of it. I still went apc
Augment: Gravity is my least favorite (but not hated of course) out of the 3, I only really got this as support so I could have more available CC for team fights, knowing that my damage would be lacking because I'm built as a support. I build support with this augment (Shurelya's + Twin Shadows + Bulwark + Shard of True Ice [boots are dependent on whether or not they hurt or I need more damage]).

Iridos

01-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by howlor View Post
While I don't main Viktor, the reason I don't play him much is because I've tried all of his augments out and think they all suck except Death. Even playing support I'd prefer to build Death because it gives me superior poke and AP, and the extended cast range on Gravity Field is pointless because past laning phase it's best used as a defensive cc anyway. Power sucks great big mechanical ball bearings... I literally cannot come up with any role at which Power would be better than Death. So I'll stick with my original opinion.

So in short my answer is No, I do appreciate each of his augmentations for what they're worth... Death is good, the other two suck.