The true evolution

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sheogorath

01-15-2013

Any update on this?

Sheogorath

01-15-2013

Solcrushed, it's been more than 5 months. Care to give us a little hint regarding this?

StriderXplosive

01-15-2013

bump

Comedian

01-15-2013

buuuu,mp

Sybil Cut

01-15-2013

He's clearly not ready to give updates, and there's been an extraordinary amount of feedback. What's the point of bumping?

BlueCrescent

01-15-2013

Bump as a Viktor lover.

Desmond Law

01-15-2013

Potatoe powered Viktor where?

UrsaMinor

01-15-2013

What turned me off from him was his design. He looks like utter ****.

Atticus Dresden

01-15-2013

I like to think I main AP mid, and as of late that means kat and galio, but when Viktor was released I played plenty of him, and have on and off since. My favorite part is the laser, obviously, and the crazy damage it can do, along with the skill required to use it properly. However, I feel that his burst is his one redeeming quality, and it is sub-par at best. His cd's are long, and his ranges are far too short (bar his laser, which I think is perfect as is). Also, the item customization leaves him with one real option. If the other options (beyond death ray) were buffed a little to be made more viable, for more diverse gameplay, Viktor would be a very strong mid.

iCarry NA

01-15-2013

First I'd just like to say that Viktor is my main AP carry mid, I have played him in at least 300 games, versus every mid / top champion that you would expect to see in their respective lanes. He has a very fun kit, and some diversity with his Augments. It saddens me to see so many people speak so poorly of his Augment Power. Sure the 220 health and 6 regen per 5 is kind of dull, but I'm here for the 30% speed buff on Q. You must think like Viktor and ADAPT to your augment, do not expect his augment to adapt to you. My kit with Augment Power is Rod of Ages + Rylai's Crystal Scepter + Rabadon's Death Cap + Lich Bane (boots I find are team dependent so MP or MR tenacity [get furor to stack with his Q] usually does the trick). I do commonly swap out Lich Bane for tanki items such as Guardian Angel / Zhonya's Hourglass / Abyssal Scepter. Your Q now has a 30% slow, a 42% speed buff (30% of which lasts for 3 seconds, the other 12% lasts for 2 seconds) with only a 4 second cool down (give or take a few for CDR on masteries / blue) this means you can have a fat speed steroid in effect almost the entire fight, with the extra effect from Rylai's there is no champion that can keep up with you (maybe Yi with his ult because the slow has no effect), which is my main reason for getting Lich Bane because I find myself auto attacking very frequently as they attempt to catch me. I have tried so many different builds on this champion and this specific build has no counters, you can even take it top lane because it is very effective VS a lot of bruisers mixed with his W. It has also proved very useful vs assassins such as Le Blanc / Kassadin. This build turns Viktor into a Fighter AP Carry, you are far tankier, and you now have huge maneuverability and escape from Q and W. Simply because this item gives less damage than Augment Death, this build in no way impairs his ability to dish out insane amounts of damage. Don't get me wrong, I love Augment Death as much as the next guy ( the huge damage buffs are so sexy) but this makes him an easily exploded / focused target for assassins or any beef with a gap closer. The survival given from my build allows me to kite and kill all day, so even though I don't have as stronk of a burst, I still end up doing equal if not more damage over the course of the team fight from the maneuverability increase. Try it, Love it, Respect it.