The true evolution

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Diorama

11-15-2012

The only "problem" is his lost slot and the time it takes to Gravity Field to stun, I just wanted to make it faster, since it's really really hard to stun a experienced player or something.

And about the E's, don't take it out, or else is not Viktor. I guess is one of the things that made me love him first.

Submarinebike

11-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiffmeisterZ View Post
The only thing I can really say about this... I have played Viktor while he was free. I love his CC and the straight crazy damage on his laser. His ulti is also deceptively strong, just crazy damage going out everywhere. I never realized how much this hurt people until I played him, and I intend to purchase him soon.

Playing him, however, I really can see no reason why not to take Augment: Death. 30% bonus damage on his main damage ability and a good chunk of AP to boost his other abilities? The only other one I would consider would be the extra size on his gravity well, but only if my team desperately needed the CC, and even then for the most part the current size is enough to not really warrant upgrading it over the extra damage. With or without its upgrade, if you drop it right on someone, its still either they flash/dash ability out or they get stuck.

As most mids like Viktor, you're going to be building glass cannon, may as well go all out rather than give yourself a mild defense boost that will do little to mitigate the high damage coming your way if you get caught, and this is what he has his shield for anyway that will also benefit from the AP.

It would be nice, however, to be able to sell the augment and buy a new one later on. At that point it really would let him better adapt to the situation at hand... Buy what you need to win your lane/early-mid game fights, then later on trade it in for what you need to fill a gap your team has in all out team fights with fleshed out builds.

As stated, though, I have limited experience playing him and I do not see him enough in games to have an amazing knowledge of all things Viktor, I just know what has drawn me to him but what also troubles me with him.
This so much

FancifuHarlequin

11-15-2012

Every time I've played freeweek Viktor, I've been astounded at how underplayed he is. Yes, his laser is a tad buggy, but I do manage to land it well. His Q is a generic nuke that's great for harassing under their tower (tanking the tower with shield.) His W, I love. Its pretty powerful. His ult is in need of cleaning up codewise but its a nice addition to his burst and aoe. I was about a 1/3 heath Shen on fountain away from my first pentakill, which I went in on alone (my team had softened them up but the point stands.

The only beef I have is the hexcore: its good and all, but I like the evolution idea. Once you get a skill to 5 the core should upgrades. You shouldn't have to purchase it. It makes more sense thematically and it would give him much more utility rather than havening to sacrifice utility for damage or vice versa. Numbers would have to change obviously but still.

Desmond Law

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Explosion View Post
Can you make it so that if we cast it outside of the minimum range circle, he doesn't run there, but casts with that same angle just at the edge?
I rather it not becuase in the off chance that you need to shoot the lazer in your direction, the lazer might start prematurely and not hit your intended target. When I farm minions, I like to draw the lazer out side the circle and have viktor walk to the locaiton and then fire.

If you were kiting, the laer is long enough for the dude to get hit since he is chasing you after all.

I like the E how it is, don't change it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piecetinker View Post
YESSS My favorite champion will now make a comeback!!! ME GUSTAAAAAAAAAA /spasms

EDIT: SolCrushed has infiltrated this forum topic with the following message:

Uh oh.. this is part of one of my past versions of work on Viktor that got mixed into the chaos. Sorry for exciting you guys with something that's still a bit off. Viktor will not be different in the PBE.

He is still not going to come anytime very soon as he needs more work, but since you've seen this version feel free to give me feedback on them to utilize

Also, this version is broken, don't try denying it lol. I intentionally overtuned to see how the effects feel.

Evolution: Death Storm
Item Cost: 2000
Recipe Cost: 1000
+3 Ability Power per level +70 Ability Power +30% Magic Penetration
Augment Ability: Death Ray sets fire to enemies, dealing 30% additional magic damage over 3 seconds and moves 30% further.
Evolve Ability: Chaos Storm deals 20% more damage on the initial blast.

Evolution: Gravity Storm
+3 Ability Power per level +40 Ability Power +25% Cooldown Reduction +12% Movement Speed
Augment Ability: Gravity Field is 20% larger and can be cast instantly.
Evolve Ability: A target that is damaged for the first time by Chaos Storm will be silenced for 2 seconds.

Evolution: Power Storm
+3 Ability Power per level +40 Ability Power +30 Armor +30 Magic Resist +35 Tenacity
Augment Ability : Viktor will gain 20% Movement Speed while the shield holds and the device will bounce back to the target once for 40% damage.
Evolve Ability: Chaos Storm churns for 50% more damage and heals Viktor for 15% of the damage it deals.

P.S. These seem to be an upgrade from the Hex Core > Augment > Evolution.
I rather not have the 2nd death upgrade have 30% increased range becuase that will lead to excessive poking and range is everything now a days so Viktor might have base numbers nerfed which I dont want. His kit is perfect as it is, we just need to have this Augment thign ironed out.

For the 2nd Power Upgrade, I'm not sure if double bounce will be effective. It looks fun, but somethign about it feels unright. Will viktor get a second shield that is 40% of the 40% bounce?

C7G Laser

11-16-2012

DAT Buggy lazor. It's still buggy. Every time i fight a viktor I can't see the lazor. Especially since i play on lower graphical settings

Terrynvail

11-16-2012

The only problem I find is that the only upgrade worth getting is Augment: Death. All of the others dont turn him into the "tanky mobile caster" or "improved support" that 'Im sure these upgrades were initially meant to accomplish.

stàr

11-16-2012

I personally played him a lot during his free week, and I really dislike his attack ranges like his stun/slow and laser are both nice and long range but then his shield attack has smaller range than even his aa's...I felt that to be really weird and it put me off

honestmullet

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victorrr View Post
Victor is fine. Leave him the way he is
I think that people who play viktor all the time generally feel this way. Sure, it'd be nice to get some buffs or quality of life changes but my main fear in that is that he'd suddenly become FotM and, subsequently, nerfed to the ground.

People really underestimate how strong he is with 1 d-ring and Augment death early game (around 10-14 min I suppose). As long as you hit your lasers you can crush people.

edit: I suppose if his ult could move around a bit faster that'd be nice.

Philosopher Xys

11-16-2012

When u set your effect graphics to low u cant see his laser :/

SeeFour

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-16-2012

I stopped playing him when I couldn't Q at a distance where, by the time I got my shield from it (as small as it was), the enemy already threw out their trade-abilities. AKA Shield wasn't worth it in lane...

His ult also feels like it does so little. I understand it's DoT, so it won't look like crazy damage, but the silence just feels like an awkward tack on.

And of course once his death beam was bugged for forever, I saw more Karma than him lol

Oh, and plus his augments were either "actually do damage" (really good early/mid game, dat Death Augment) or "Can't fill your role as an AP carry." If the other augments gave a little AP, I don't think it'd be terrible.

If you give the augments an upgrade, he'd probably see play as a super hyper carry late game mage. That'd be cool, but I still feel like he's just better designed for Top than Mid (except for going OOM all the time...)