The true evolution

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dyshana

11-04-2012

I think all he really needs is that extra item slot back. Make his passive upgradable instead of an actual item.

Treeke

11-04-2012

Bump

GuMoonRyong

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-04-2012

Using his Q seems kind of awkward; sure you use it and it does it's job somewhat, but I feel it never comes back and shields me quick enough to shield any damage. Maybe increase the missile speed on his Q some?

Auryiel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Certainlyt View Post
This should be fixed. When was the last time you observed disappearing lasers?
Will Viktor's E deal true damage and refresh on kills?

Xylvanus

11-05-2012

His Q never comes back fast enough to shield the incoming damage from the champion exchange. They should make it so that immediately on hit, the shield pops up. Otherwise, the uniqueness of the ability is never procs correctly

Desmond Law

11-06-2012

A way to counteract the asthetics of Power Transfer is to hit a closeby minion with it so you get the shield before you get hit with poke. Aiming for the champ will for sure waste your shield since the enemy poke is travling half the distance your's is, but it you hit a minion that's closer to you than the champ, it will rebound fast enough to protect you, and you might even get a CS.

Fishous

11-06-2012

Make Viktor with Khazix's system.

TheButtCorporal

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Jono View Post
- I'd like his Q to transfer his shield in two halves, half on contact with the target, half on return. (Rather than all once it returns). This would help is poke quite a bit in lane, without risking an op range increase.

For his passive, I'd make the following changes: (lots of credit goes to Maleficus Nex's post on p157, I mostly just made edits to the parts of his I didn't like):

- Power Augment needs to give spell vamp instead of Hp5. The power augment feels like it should be the 'tanky' augment, and a low passive health regen isn't going to do anything for you.

- Each augment should be able to be upgraded more than once, and the player should be able to switch out hex cores if one isn't working for them. (1000g for first upgrade, 650g for each later? Also a 1000g cost for an augment switch) Each upgrade after the first improves upon the stats given, as well as the ap per level. That way Viktor has something to spend his gold on other than pots, his non-death augments can still add some more damage late game, and it feels like he's continuing his glorious evolution.

- Each augment should affect ALL of Viktor's abilities so that there is an actual gameplay change for one.

Power - 'Tanky AP'
Q - Lowers their damage, boosts your damage. The movespeed boost doesn't really fit the theme here, and this way you get extra mileage out of your shield.
W - 50% of damage to dealt to enemies within the radius is returned as a shield. Allows for some teamfight tankiness that the Q alone couldn't provide
E - Increase the width, and increase its movement speed. This is more of a 'feel' upgrade; a faster, bigger laser FEELS powerful
R - Change the 0.5 second silence to a 0.75 second stun. Another 'feel' upgrade. the silence feels kind of wimpy, but an immob/silence (re: stun) feels 'power'ful. Also, since most teams who need someone tankier really want someone to initiate, this'll help.

Death - ''Glass Cannon AP'
Q - Upon exhaustion, the shield explodes for damage = the amount of shield. Towards late game, whoever wants to get in your face will, and you'll melt. This will at least let Viktor go out with a bang.
W - Reduces Armor/MR on targets per stack of slow. It's really the only way that I can think of that'd allow W to improve damage in some way
E - Please don't touch my lazor. I like it the way it is.
R - Also applies a grievous wounds effect to all affected. His ult already does pretty ridiculous damage, so I don't think straight up damage should be added to it. However, I think this would be a nice little upgrade.

Gravity - "Disruption Support"
Q - Slows the target, and grants Viktor movement speed. Moving the ms here makes more sense thematically than having it be power's upgrade, However, as this is his support augment, slowing the target also helps his teammates escape/chase.
W - It seems to be fine as is. Maybe a slight radius increase would be nice?
E - On contact with an enemy, it knocks them to the side. (Like Draven's 'Stand Aside') This gives Viktor a quick disruption, (outside of his ult), that can be used to peel chasers, interrupt channels, mess with position, etc. It also allows him to combo with his W quite nicely.
R - Enemies moving away from the singularity move more slowly (within a certain range) This also combos well with Vik's W for some strong teamfight positioning disruption. It can also help secure kills that might've otherwise gotten away

(Again most of credit goes to Maleficus Nex's post on p157, I mostly just made edits to the parts of his I didn't like):
+1
/signed for the glorious evolution

Booterang

11-13-2012

I think his design philosophy is all over the place. He is a burst mage, but has low range. All of his basic spells are meant to quickly damage a target, but his ultimate is damage over time and his CC has a ramp up time. He has no mobility, low DPS but is not a pure burst character either as his ultimate and CC skill require a ramp-up time.

One of his nukes grants a shield, but he has to avoid taking anything beyond incidental damage because he has to be built a glass cannon due to his longish cooldowns. His lazer is a high range relatively long cd nuke using for poking, but his Q is low cd but short range. I find in most fights i will get to use Q twice at most, and it will be because I either land my stun, or to finish off a target I hit with lazer and my ultimate.

Viktors ultimate does high damage, but it requires him to be close to the action for a very extended period of time, leaving him vulnerable to damage. However he is not a tanky mage like vlad or mordekaiser.

When I first saw Viktors concept, I assumed he would be a tanky mage with a mordekaiser like defense system. He would use a combination of spell vamp and his shield to protect himself like mordekaiser, while bringing his own unique set of skills to the game. Q for a tanky spell vamp build, E for a glass cannon build. W seemed a poor choice to upgrade as it provides no damage. Sadly the item builds that would have made this possible have been nerfed, And his hexcore passive is more of a hindrance later on then a boon as it can at best mimic a tier 2 item.

.As a mage with low range, no immediate CC skills and a combination of DoT and burst damage with high enough cds that he is required to build straight AP in order to fulfill his function, Viktor is simply inferior to other AP mid picks like Orianna, and Ahri who possess greater range, sustained damage, and far more mobility Twisted fate or karthus with their great range and map control, or APs like Katarina who simply have far more burst damage more quickly.

When engaging any of these mid picks and other, Viktor will have to deal with the fact that he either does lower burst damage with no strong CC to back him up, or lower range so he is unable to get the other mid to commit to a fight. He will frequently be more fragile then most of his opponents as his shield will often be generated after he has already taken damage since its range is shorter then standard AP nukes, versus a shield like Orianna's or mordekaiser which can be used to anticipate damage.

This leaves three options for him, all of them with very glaring weaknesses. Viktor can take his W to setup CC ahead of his damage, but the stats provided are almost worthless. Viktor can build like a glass cannon, and only use his E to poke the enemy target. This feels clunky, and its pretty boring as you only have one CD to use every 10 seconds or so. Finally Viktor can build tanky, but then he will do low damage due to his lack of sustained spell casting.

eBlossom

11-13-2012

His W could use some QoL, like a sound or particle effect to show that the enemy has been stunned.

It's extremely annoying when I'm walking through it and waiting to flash to the other side only to realize that I took too long and have been stunned.