The true evolution

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ezran

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-31-2012

Viktor player here!

First off I got flamed by my friends and solo queue teammates alike for playing Viktor, until they realized I have >60% win rate with him. FotM really sucks, too mainstream.

So onto Viktor.

I think his E (when you can see it) is really fun, if not a little mana intensive early. I tend to build him QEQ then R > E > Q > W (first point @ level 8). I think his character is really awesome, his laugh is sinister and I love yelling GLORY TO THE REVOLUTION in my worst Russian accent when I kill people ^_^

I think his augment passive is cool, because it is fairly unique, but also a little constricting and un-impactful to how I play him. 95% of the time you will upgrade your laser for the +30% dot, 4.9% of the time you get W for longer range utility to your snare and .1% of the time you get Q because you feel like a tank. I'd like to see his upgrades either re-imagined so each feels like a true evolve, or balanced in some new way so that each is viable.
I do like how it is separate from leveling his ultimate up though, that would make him too much like Kha'zix. It would also be cool if, like I *think* Dagon's Scepter in Dota you could upgrade your augment a few times for additional effects/more damage/whatever. Or allow for multiple upgrade paths! The problem with all that will be making it feel organic and natural enough to be considered evolution.

His Q is pretty good, though I hate how a lot of mages have faster projectile speeds and my Q doesn't actually protect me if I use it reactively to block say, Ryze Q. The shield duration could be increased as well, which would play into his short-range blow everything up mentality.

His W is, in my opinion, one of the strongest CCs in the game. It can singlehandedly dictate the outcome of a team fight if you place it well, much like an Amumu ult. No complaints there.

His E is buggy, like others have said. Lazer is sometimes invisible, which is like 'oh wait how did I hit him?' reactions. I think it should have a slightly lower mana cost, as compared to current mage's AoE farm abilities it costs so much to clear a wave with without blue buff or Athene's. On aiming it: I smart cast everything and I have 0 trouble aiming this ability. Part of the fun of it is that it does a buttload of damage at high range if you can land it. Perhaps make the laser width a tad wider to assist in landing it though.

His R, combined with his E, is what makes Viktor's kit. You drop your cloud on their squishies in a fight and laugh maniacally as it chases after their silenced asses. IMO it should be able to float over terrain, because a. it's a cloud, and b. how hilarious would it be to have that thing come over the Baron wall and kill steal it? (super hilarious)

So in summary, his passive needs working with but it's the right idea. His Q needs to be tweaked if you really want to give him a semi-tank path, his W is fine, his E is buggy and needs to be a bit wider/10 less mana or something to help clear waves and his R should be able to float over terrain like a giant flying saucer of doom. Cow abductions optional.

I love Viktor! Thanks guys for looking at his kit and improving him!

Insípid

10-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Certainlyt View Post
This should be fixed. When was the last time you observed disappearing lasers?
T....for months its been dissapearing, and sometimes the sound doesnt even work with the laser...

Calderweiss

10-31-2012

The buggy enemy frustrating laser happens to me too.

CrazyGoNuts

10-31-2012

When I read viktors abilities, I thought that meant that you could play as a tank, support, or mage depending on what upgrade you picked. What it turned out was that you could play as a bad mage, bad mage, or decent mage, depending on what you picked.

Dragon4Athene

10-31-2012

My only problem with viktor is his rather ****ty starting item. Sure early game it's nice to have it but late game it stays a mid game item and is just taking up an item slot. I'd say make an additional late game upgrade for it. It is my intention to get viktor soon tho. I like him a lot more then the average person and idk why he is so disliked. He has good dmg good range good utility. It's always fun to be able to snipe a teemo sitting in the back of the enemy group
Edit: oh yeah I just remembered the only item worth getting is the dmg laser one. The others are rather bad.

Ostrava

10-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkePacific View Post
The Problem:
Viktor's biggest problem when I play him seems to be his like of a reliable ability to farm. His auto-attack animation is rather slow and clunky, while his only real farming ability (the laser), is rather difficult to aim and has a relatively high mana cost. Everything else with viktor seems to be quite fine, he has good burst and cc, but it's just very difficult to keep up with the other mid when it's so difficult to farm.

The Solution:
I think the best mechanic that can be added to viktor is to give him an auto attack proc function attached to his laser, much like lux's or leona's passives, but not quite as strong. Where after he hits an enemy with a laser it will apply a small mark, and if he hits the same enemy with an autoattack or an ability it consumes the mark dealing very small damage. I think the damage should be something around 15 proc damage at laser skill level 1 and 30 at skill level 5. This way it allows him to get just a little bit more damage on creeps to reliably farm with autoattacks, without giving him ridiculous damage versus enemy champions, something he certainly has plenty of.
Viktor is a great farmer you just need to practice last hitting with him

Riyshn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-31-2012

Non Viktor player:

A combination of the completely different targeting on each of his skills and their ranges all always feeling just slightly to short (smart-cast player) always lead to Viktor feeling really clunky to me.

Charonic

10-31-2012

I began with Viktor because honestly, no one played him. Kinda like Karma. Anyways, I soon fell in love with his narrow space domination, giant slowing storm of AOE doom and lasers. His claw also appears to be semi-sentient, which is awesome.

Qualms:
I've gotten used to it, but his AA animation is meh, it's not Elise(caster) bad, but still pretty mediocre.

Power Transfer sometimes protects me after I get hit with a spell. Kinda frustrating, but permanently dealing reduced damage to Viktor in small trades isn't fun either.

Augments, Death is the only way to go, the other two aren't worth it in effect or stats. Also, it takes up a freaking slot, that's my ward slot!

Power is supposed to do what exactly? Help you kite? Give you more survivability? It gives you health and some regen, and makes you move faster on Q cast. Cool. I can't genuinely think of an instance where I'd want to move faster over firing doom lasers. Even in lane.

Gravity gives you mana, CDR and regen. All of which blue provides for you, which you should be getting considering you're mid. I don't even really feel it's effects all that much. Also, death lasers exist so yeah.

Why don't you guys give him the Khaz treatment. Everytime he hits 6, you can choose to Augment one of his skills, which means you get 3 Augments. Now, you can stack all three on one ability, go for a 2-1 arrangement, or just all three.

Tankyness: We cannot be stopped!
Stage 1: Casting Power Transfer siphons x% armor and MR from the target for y seconds.
Stage 2: Shield lasts x seconds longer and shield is instantaneous. Popping the shield gives x armor/mr for y seconds.
Stage 3: Every other Power Transfer is Glorious, providing a shield for a nearby ally for x seconds and increasing both Viktor's and his ally's movement speed by t%. Personal shield strength increased by y%.
Damage: Death!
step 1: Death as it is now but only 10 percent increase
step 2: Death Ray DOT gains the other 20 percent. increases movement speed of Chaos Storm by x%.
Step 3: For every enemy champion hit by Death Ray, all of Viktor's damage spells recharge .75 seconds faster. Chaos Storm has an ICD of 2 seconds.
CC: You shall not pass!
Stage 1: Applies x% tenacity reduction.
Stage 2: Gravity Field roots enemies who are still in it when it expires for x seconds
Stage 3: Chaos Storm Silence increased by .5 seconds, tendril range increased by x%.

Something like that, just more balanced/awesome because you guys are Riot.

WarlordAlpha

10-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Certainlyt View Post
This should be fixed. When was the last time you observed disappearing lasers?
Certainlyt, can you look into Viktor's laser and how it hardly gives vision anymore? The fact that it used to give vision in a wide area for about 3 seconds was absolutely crucial, and it only gives vision in a very small area for about 0.5 seconds now.

Also, the very tip of the laser sometimes doesn't deal damage. It used to be that anything a tiny bit beyond the tip of the laser would get damaged, now it's the opposite - the very tip of the laser deals no damage.

Weegee7

10-31-2012

I don't remember the fix actually being patched in.