The true evolution

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MadHaxxorz

10-25-2012

Why not make his passive like Kha Zix? With a slight nerf to his Augments, you can make him gain certain ranks of his skills every time he gets to a certain level so he can adapt, and have the best of all worlds.

Korusho

10-25-2012

His Gravity Field. I love that spell and I only wish it was slightly larger. Increasing it even just by 5%would massive boost to his utility.

His laser could also use a boost in speed as its difficult to hit with at certain angles and easy to dodge if you see it coming.

Arby099

10-28-2012

bump, get this some front page attention again

McRib Slayer

10-31-2012

For those too lazy to read the whole thing:
Q: Somehow change shield to make more viable. Either instantly provide shield or find a way to make it useful in trading,
E: Fix the invisilazer bugs.
Passive: Add a 3rd augment option, which upgrades his ultimate, giving it a unique effect. Also the initial augments should be changed, as only one is viable right now.

I am player who has specialized in AP Mid and played Viktor for a long time.

As far as what made me buy Viktor: Viktor's e is a very unique ability (yes, i know, rumble's ult, whatever.). The vector targeted skillshot is a very fun and immensly satisfying skill to use. This combined with the fact that his kit has uses for many situations made him a character that I wanted to get. I was also intrigued by being able to build AP Viktor, Support Vik or Tank Vik.

The Letdowns: The biggest letdown has been the augment. The only viable augment on Viktor is Augment Death. Tank Vik is not viable (believe me, I've tried) and support Vik is underpowered compared to other supports. The augments don't allow you to change Viktor's playstyle or role, which is what we all thought it would do. Although the Gravity augment drastically increases the range of the ability, when you get this augment, your damage is next to worthless. This can be said for mid game, but especially for late game, when all other AP Carries have a 6th item. In addition, his Q has proved not very useful for trading with other champions. Although there are times I can remember that the shield has saved me from that last tower hit as I dive, the shield from the Q seems to have very little impact overall.

The Changes:
Q: I have some beef with this ability, as you may have been able to tell. The range tends to be quite short, which leaves you vulnerable to counterattack. This is in theory offset by the shield, however the shield 95% of the time comes back after your enemies counter attack. Although the aesthetics of the "Power Transfer" are appealing, for the ability to really be useful, the shield should really instantly appear when the damage is applied. The shield also seems miniscule, even late game, with 600-700 AP.

W: This ability is very strong, but only in certain situations. It is very strong when combined with some other characters, my favorite of which is Jarvan IV. However, I dont think it needs much tweaking.

E: The lazer is INVISIBLE! These days, it happens more often than not. I have wasted flash before to get the last q in on them, when actually the invisilazer picks up the kill I thought I missed. This is his most awesome ability though, and is really what defines viktor.

R: I love this. Hands Down. I don't think any tweaking is required.

And, finally, the passive. Only 1 is viable right now, which is the biggest issue. Other issues include that Viktor falls off late game in AP, especially if Death is not the augment of choice. In addition, building double doran's ring (my favorite for most AP mid) is terribly difficult on him, as often you need to decide between pots or wards. With either choice, your ability to play more aggressively is restricted. However, this is just something that comes with the territory, and shouldn't be changed. What should be changed is adding a 3rd tier to his passive. After the initial augment, 3 more augments should become available, each giving his ultimate a unique ability. Some thoughts would be bonus damage to targets affected by the lazer dot, instantly stunning all enemies on the gravity field, or adding a slow effect to the cloud.

For those of you who made it this far, thanks for reading.

gaara6666

10-31-2012

I agree. his augmentation tying up a slot that isnt upgradeable means you have a perma item that cant be switched out for sake of building utility. havign a 3rd hexcore augment would be great. like an augment that does spell vamp, versus a cooldown augment, versus a movement speed increase.

those are the top priority things for most late game champs especially in teamfights. being sustainable, being able to continuously use your kit, or being able to quickly enter into a situation to initiate after you drop his W or to escape after you drop his W

Drakeil

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-31-2012

I think he's fine where he's at. He's just difficult to play. Those that do play him well, play him REALLY well...

Weretiger Rei

10-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solcrushed View Post
Alright guys, I will be looking at Viktor and his augments as my next project after Xin Zhao. Since the mega-thread when I was working on Xin was quite helpful, why not do another one on Viktor?

Viktor players: Why did you decide to play Viktor and what do you like/dislike the most about him currently?

Non-Viktor players: Have you ever even considered playing Viktor or played him in the past? If so, what turned you off Viktor/what did not meet your expectations?

Any kind of general observations/suggestions about Viktor is also welcome!

As with the Xin thread, I will not be replying to most of your posts but I sure will be reading them.

THE EVOLUTION IS NOT-REALLY-SOON(TM)
I've never thought of playing him outside of bot games because I don't like his face or personality.
Seems too saturday morning evil.

Crocele

10-31-2012

i like the way he looks and his kit works very well with my play style. the only thing i dont like which is a minor issue to me is that his passive takes up an item slot which i could use for something else. and that his laser is sometimes bugged and invisible

Samflash3

10-31-2012

Let his passive be inbuilt as an item which is in the passive ability not taking inventory space

Xenela

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-31-2012

Because of his spells and such, it seems hard to chase people with him, at least in my limited experience playing him when he is free.