The true evolution

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Best Youmu NA

10-25-2012

Probably already been said, but I feel like his ulti is a bit underwhelming along with his Q, even if you do get the yellow core. He's pretty much forced into his blue or red core. Usually I end up with the red core unless you already have a lot of dmg on your team already. I really like the unique item idea and I want to see it stay.

303Devilfish

10-25-2012

likely been said many times, but i'd like to see his hex core get some more variety/another tier.

Evollove

10-25-2012

I love viktor but i do not play him like i use to becuase he was buggy. I loved the idea of an evolving champ with his specific item. His poke is awesome if you build him right and you take out 25% of someones hp that was awesome. But his utility was interesting. It allowed you to stun people, interupt via silence, Dmg and shield yourself for a small portion. And depending on what you build with him it could improve his utility.

He getts buggy at times. His item overall i feel is not up to par with other items. They can help you or break you. And not being able to to sell it back puts him at a disadvantage. I like using his red for dmg esp when i need more of it. But if i am winning i like to go for extention on his statis field beucase it allows me to pick off people and apply pressure. But if the game turns around im stuck with a extra range on my shield only using it to escape vs a more utility approach.

But what really breaks him are the bugs. He use to be my main. BUT
His laser bugs out 25% of the time where it does not hit the enemy
Sometimes it doesnt dmg everything along the path. So you dmg them, maybe you miss some of the targest, maybe you just do hit anything period.
His statis field can bug out people will get the full stacks so they are stunned but i have seen people walk out of it with the full stacks right as they get the last one and not get stunned. Or people do the samething with flash. Overall it stuns sometimes and sometimes it does.
His ulti i have planted on numerous people sometimes it does dmg and sometimes it doesnt and sometimes it silence and sometimes it doesnt. This was an issue i had with him as well.

I would say overall fix these bugs and maybe build around a T3 items with Viktors item becuase when i get end game i would be more prone to sell it for something else vs keep it if i could.

theLOLflashlight

10-25-2012

@Desmond Law
Yeah, although i didn't see your post when i originally wrote mine, i do really like the concept. I tried to give more of a barebones, vanilla, concept though. game developers like to be creative themselves you know, haha.

Cezyou

10-25-2012

So just dropping my opinion as a Viktor player off. DEFinitely haven't read everything that's been said already, so a lot will probably be stuff you've read hundreds of times already.

So I really like Viktor. He's my favorite mage, all three hands down, and ignoring the smoking hole in the table. I like him so much simply because of his E (like everyone) and his passive. Yes, I like his current passive! Though it could stand tweaking and editing which may or may not include Tier 3 Hex Cores, I feel like the ideas behind each of the three current ones ought to be preserved, in that each Hex Core drives Viktor to a different role, both through the stats that they give him and the change to his skills, and that there ought to really be three different Viktors for different situations.

Starting with Laser because it's the most common, it's obvious that this is the burst caster Viktor that everyone always plays. Everyone gets Augment Death because it's the one that lets him do the blasting and insta-gibbing that AP Carries are 'meant' to do, so that he still does the damage expected of him in straight teamfights. Burst Viktor is great fun, especially landing a sweet laser through their whole team that does as much damage as some other schmuck's ult, or just plain destroying an AD and dealing some nice collateral, but 'one build' champions are never as interesting as ones that have more paths. This goes doubly so when it would seem like you guys tried making it clear that Viktor adapts to situations very well.

Death also sort of overshadows Power in Power's (assumed) job of making Viktor a poke or skirmish mage, since Laser just makes such great poke anyway and Q is too short ranged to be consistent poke, even when you're moving faster. Going with the idea of each Augment pushing one part of being a mage, if Power were to make it possible for Viktor to be a sustained damage caster, to throw out the weaker spells that the non-blasting Hex Core gave him more often than he's actually allowed to, say by reducing cooldowns directly a la Skarner Passive or Zilean Rewind, then he'd play like a different mage - more akin to Ryze than Annie, and better in some cases than Burst Viktor. Being able to build more defenses and still having damage through frequent rather than large spellcasts would probably be better if they had a particularly adept frontline to keep squishies out of burst range, for example, a situation in which Burst Viktor would have to content himself with spending his longer and more valuable cooldowns on people he didn't want to.

I can't forget Gravity either, since it is actually my favorite Augment, even though I've only ever actually built it about 7 times. I personally like it actually fundamentally changes the purpose of one of Viktor's skills - Laser will only ever blast, Transfer will only ever be for trades in lane (and maybe skirmishing...? *hopeful face*), but Gravity Field, when Augmented, changes from an almost completely defensive ability to a much more offensive one that can be used to disrupt while on the attack as well, or to catch out carries who try to slip past the wrong corner, without having to be right next to what you want to disrupt. The few times that I've built this it was actually pretty fun catching people with your sudden ability to actually initiate a fight with CC either to close distance or guarantee a Laser hit, and I sort of wish that the 'almost-initiationless team comps on both sides' matches that it's appropriate for were more common. The Zone that Viktor just sort of exudes as a caster makes it so that the enemy doesn't want to get near you, and making the Zone bigger by giving him offensive CC is really quite nice, and doing it by letting him restrict movement is even better - rather Anivia-esque, though a bit softer than a wall. I think the only problem is the narrowness of the effect - it's best when teams are poorly constructed, so why not just build yours better? Or play someone with the Zone-hardness of Anivia wall, like Anivia? So barring a very large change, Viktor's Gravity Augment will probably forever remain the blue ginger stepchild.

So yes. Rambling about passive and how I'd like to see Power's damage scale pretty well, if not as much as Death, but in a different way, not knowing how to make Gravity Viktor just bad Anivia, and lamenting about my unoriginality - oh, that wasn't in there? Well it is now.

SwaggerEnforcer

10-25-2012

From a totally casual perspective with not-so-much time invested in him; I find him to be clunky, difficult (in an unrewarding way) and foremost, completely overshadowed by just about any other AP pick that comes to mind.

There are champions that require you to work harder for kills than others, but I think LoL has done an awesome job with those champions, in that when I get a kill, or do well in lane, I'm like "Hell yeah. That was tough, but I'm awesome and now I feel great." With Viktor, it's more like "Holy fart that was way harder than it should have been and I'm not sure if I should feel awesome, or be afraid that I won't be able to do that ever again."

My two cents.

AntHill

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-25-2012

I am not a viktor player but I can give my opinions on him. I dont play because he just doesn't fit my style as well as he could.

Most annoying thing by far is the lazor bug which I dont know if its fixed yet or not. but past that he isnt too terrible to lane against like a eve or something.

as far as playing him I like the mechanics of his kit. the targeted damage into shield is pretty fun to use when trying to survive a 3 man gank. saving the cooldowns until last second to bait them under towers. only thing I would change about it would be maybe a little bit more shield hp.

lazor is fun to try to land. its basically a rumble ult only much smaller and lower cd. I tend to miss but I have fun with it. damage is acceptable but maybe could scale a little better.

the stun circle i think could stun just a tad bit faster to make it just that much more effective when your fighting out in the open.

his ult i feel is kind of unresponsive. whenever i throw it on someone i feel it should move towards the next enemy target whether it be a minion or champion once the first dies. I typically wont put it on anyone unless I know I will get the kill. also in a team fight if somene runs out of range I feel it should transition over to the next closest target instead of just stopping and not moving again. overall it just feels like im losing out on damage because it just stops.

OSAMA BlN LADEN

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Master Recruiter

10-25-2012

As a viktor player, I think he is actually really strong, but people are just turned off by the augment that he has to have. I think the augments are actually really strong, Viktor could use a little buff, but other than that I think he is balanced

LeifKlover

10-25-2012

As a Viktor player:

I love the poke he can do, I love the overall damage he can do, the fact that he has a redirect-able ultimate that isn't unreliable in mobility AND can silence on cast is incredibly useful to me, as well has his massive teamfight potential.

His scaling works quite well in the name of AP boosts to abilities, but I feel late game even Death augment doesn't do enough for him overall. His Q lacks a large enough range to be a viable poking tool, and it doesn't even provide a well enough shield for what it does compared to other shielding capable kits.

His W is unreliable as a whole as it requires a stacking stun, and once people realize how it works, it's nigh impossible to stun them with it. It only slows them, which may as well be a Rylai's, given Viktor's overall need for one with its guaranteed CC capability. Rework his W into something more viable as a whole.

I find great frustration that his E still disappears or even shows unstable striking indication. Not in the means of targeting, but in the means of how it animates. I've had cases where it animates halfway, then strikes without animation completion. This throws off my rotation of when I throw moves as I tend to use my Q as a minor last hitting tool when E is on cooldown, which means when it stops, I instantly start using Q to try and push as fast as possible, leading to an unnecessary cooldown.

Augment Death's attached 30% extra DoT may add quite a bit overall, but it may as well be removed given late game MR values will nearly drop that DoT to 5% or less, only slightly more reliable at obtaining that last tick than Brand's Blaze, which is meant to be more of a combo catalyst rather than a kill tool.

Augment Gravitron Is reasonable with the mana boost and increased range on the Gravity field, but the fault is with the unreliability of the gravity field itself. The augment is only reasonable if you plan on using a support Viktor where you simply zone them with your slow/stun and poke them in and out of lane.

Augment Power is quite literally one of the more useless items you can get on Viktor. Its rather unviable to make him a tanky champion, provided the health boost and movement speed on power transfer, It means his is more resiliant in a team fight, but it doesn't provide for a reasonable end game where CC is around you consistently and if you play the AP carry, you're already the second to first major target of that team post initiate. Movement speed won't help, your Q doesn't provide a large enough shielding for what it should, and overall, the Power Augment is something I've never seen bought in this game simply because of the sheer unreliability. Ever. I can honestly say I've seen more Moonflair Spellblades, Eleisa's miracles, and Leviathans built than the Power Augment.

His ultimate is relatively fine, its mostly balanced, the damage per tick is fine, even the movement speed decreasing when it gets further away from you is fine. I just wish it had a benefit from a tier 3 augmentation of some sorts.

Tl;DR:

Power Transfer: Too short a range, Shields too little for my tastes, Augment is useless.

Gravity Field: Too unreliable as a stun, or even slow, tool, overshadowed by Rylai's as a whole. Augment is more supporty than others.

Death Ray: Buggy graphically, but the vector targeting is enjoyable. Augment is only useful for the little AP it actually gives.

Chaos Storm: Fun, brings a lot to the table, lackluster late game without a little Evo-booster though.

Haldro

10-25-2012

Holy cow, too many pages too read it all. I find Viktor an extremely fun champion to play, his Death Ray is probably the most fun skill of his to use. I do find that only one of his augments is worth getting, and Augment: Power isn't worth it at all. I think switching the bonuses on Augment:Power and Gravity would make him a more viable pick.
I would try switching the speed boost to augment: gravity(like Orianna's command: dissonance) and make the speed boost last for 1.5 seconds after leaving the field.
As for augment: power, I think the 30% cast range would help him trade better, or maybe change it to a 30% increase on the shield power to improve his defensive capabilities.