The true evolution

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Arcus Veles

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-11-2012

I didn't like Viktor when I tried him free week. His poke (E) is good but awkward to use. His Q was good damage but the shield was always too late to come back to me because the range was low enough where I'd eat it in the face to use it. His W had good utility, but no damage. His R does good up front damage but felt underwhelming afterward. That's all I have to say, really.

NeilPatrickTaric

08-12-2012

what's wrong with his laser?! it's so annoying!
anyways.. his W should be the same range it is with the augment by default.. maybe give it a quicker stun if it's augmented.. his Q augment is worthless.. the range is the problem here.. it should be extended when he augments it.. he shouldn't get a speed buff, it does nothing to benefit him. everything else is gravy.

YAH TRICK YAH

08-12-2012

death lazor is buggy but sweet.

his W is fine, a tad bit more range wouldn't hurt.

completely rework his garbage Q

his R is good too, maybe deathcloud goes a lil faster?

MisakiTakahashi

08-12-2012

I've don't own or play Viktor (only on freeweeks, once), and the main turnoff is how difficult his Death Ray is to actually aim properly. It's just too much hassle whereas another champ could do just as much damage much, much more easily.

MrJingle

08-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solcrushed View Post
Alright guys, I will be looking at Viktor and his augments as my next project after Xin Zhao. Since the mega-thread when I was working on Xin was quite helpful, why not do another one on Viktor?

Viktor players: Why did you decide to play Viktor and what do you like/dislike the most about him currently?

Non-Viktor players: Have you ever even considered playing Viktor or played him in the past? If so, what turned you off Viktor/what did not meet your expectations?

Any kind of general observations/suggestions about Viktor is also welcome!

As with the Xin thread, I will not be replying to most of your posts but I sure will be reading them.

THE EVOLUTION IS NOT-REALLY-SOON(TM)

I am more of a former Viktor player. I had fun with him when he first came out and I could get away with playing risky and at close range. Playing Viktor at a close range let me play him how I would think a "Battlemage" would play. (ie: somewhat durable, close range mage nuker, magic power based shield, mobile caster.) At that short range I had the most fun with his abilities.

Now that players are familiar with his kit playing at a risky close range feels noticeably detrimental to your survivability. The familiarity with his "E" skill in particular makes it an unreliable poke at range; so getting enough of an edge in lane to try a gank is difficult. I don't really have much complaint about his other abilities with the exception of his passive/item.

Evolving Technology's options are pretty one sided:
1. "Death" makes a pretty obvious and direct benefit to your damage output.
2. "Gravity" gives you more mana which is nearly worthless late game and a longer range snare, which in my opinion does not fit with the rest of his kit very well.
3. "Power" Is a good choice if you get shut down early game. You can run away faster and live slightly longer which lets you stay in the team fight a little bit longer. (I don't really think this one is fun at all personally.)

I would really like to see Evolving Technology have viable choices in response to an enemy team lineup. For instance I would like one of the augments to perform well against an AP heavy team, one augment to perform well against an AD heavy team, and lastly I would like one augment to perform well against a bruiser/tanky team. (Make it worth that item slot.)

My other request would be to incentivize Viktor to play and be effective at close range.

Mr Jellly

08-12-2012

I love how Viktor plays right now. His lore, playstyle, kit, voice acting all combine to make him my favourite champion in the game. I like how he is a hard champion to master but can reward greatly those who truly "embrace the machine". :P I feel that his laser needs no rework, it is unique and a high skill ability but it has awesome damage. Do fix the bugs though with the invisible laser, gets quite annoying.

The only thing I really would want out of a Viktor rework is maybe some minor buffs around the board as I feel he is tad underpowered at times. His passive is the one thing I'm not all too keen about on Viktor. While I like the concept, in practice it makes me feel like gimped late game and not living up to my true potential. Additionally I find it quite odd that I have to pay 1000 gold for my passive when other champions get their own for free. The extra slot used by the passive is also a nuisance when I want to buy wards/potions but have no free space.

Overall I love Viktor. While I do want a rework in certain ways I'm also afraid that he may be changed to the point where I may no longer want to play him any more. So please be gentle :3

Azramy

08-12-2012

he don't have too much mobility that the news -and some olds- mid lane champs have, this kinda "curse" him

DefShieldDwn

08-13-2012

I started playing Viktor as my main because I love his style, and he has the damage to back up that style. He has been my favorite champion ever since he was added, and I love that he is barely played. But Riot feels that he deserves some spicing up, so now I say, everyone should join his glorious evolution.

In my opinion nothing is wrong with Viktor besides his Q and W augments. They are far less popular of a choice in comparison to his augment of death and should be beefed up in order to add variety to the player and actually be helpful in a fight.

Viktor's lore suggests that he uses his technology to strive for perfection and his augments should reflect that goal, by changing his abilities according to what the team needs. Here are some ideas that I've had in order to improve his augments:

New Augment of Power - targets recently hit with Viktor's Q now receive reduced healing for a short period. Used to counter champions on the enemy team like Mundo that have ridiculous health regen.
or - Viktor's Q can now act as a small heal for himself and teammates. (Troll support Viktor). Also, this next part may be a bit of over kill, this augment gives his Q a short silence.

New Augment of Gravity - similar to Jayce's acceleration gate, Viktor's gravity field now grants allies that walk over it increased movement speed. Can be used as a great tool to escape ganks, or help your team chase down enemies.
or - Viktor's gravity field is now placed like one of Teemo's mushroom's (though Viktor may only have one gravity field placed at a time), appearing first as "folded up" gravity field before cloaking. As an enemy passes over the folded up gravity field, it triggers, slowing and then stunning the enemy. May be a little iffy of an ability because it would be hard to determine when to use it and from what radius it should be triggered. Can also be used as a ward similar to mushrooms.

Some the upgrades I've mentioned are fairly overpowered and would need some definite fine tuning, but I'm just throwing some idea's around that would make his other augments more appealing. Any feedback would be appreciated.

LudwigL

08-13-2012

===<Burst>===
Viktor should be in a relatively close distance with enemies to deal his full damage. (His E indeed has a long range, but only for E and it also has a long cool-down). When compared to other short range burst-type mages like Ryze and Casseopia, Viktor's just cannot do as well as them as he is greatly hindered by relatively long cool down time from abilities.

===<Poking>===
Viktor has great poke by his E. He can dish out lots of damage before a fight really start. However, his E needs too much mana to cast (70+10per rank with 13s->9s to cool down). Looking at similar ability from Ziggs: Bouncing Bomb (Q) requires only 50+10 per rank with 6s -> 4s to cool down.

Both mana and cool down issue of Viktor's E makes it difficult to handle.

And when you look at more other mages, you will probably find out more example to explain these.

===<Initiation>===
Viktor CANNOT initiate fights or I would say he can hardly do it. This is because the long waiting time(1.5s) for W to stun people. Whereas Veigar, Ahri, Morgana, Twisted Fate, Gragas, Anivia,...... can initiate with one or more of their abilities instantly.

===<Conclusion>===
Because of the above problems, Viktor SEEMS like a mage with everything, but he just CANNOT get the "everything" done WELL.

Thats unhealthy

08-13-2012

Played him a lot in the free-week, one of the most fun champions.

However, I do find his Q and W to be both kind of awkward on him, the delay on the Q is very high on something that's supposed to be used as a shield for poke... Also I don't really like the concept on his W and it's nice for escapes, but unreliable when he's chasing.