The true evolution

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Second Movement

08-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solcrushed View Post
Viktor players: Why did you decide to play Viktor and what do you like/dislike the most about him currently?

Any kind of general observations/suggestions about Viktor is also welcome!

THE EVOLUTION IS NOT-REALLY-SOON(TM)
I chose Viktor on a whim. I saw most people didn't play him and thought "I wonder why that is?" So I picked him up and decided I enjoyed him quite a bit.

The things I like about Viktor:

His CC is fantastic for team fights! Gravity Field stun plus Chaos Storm silence makes for some nice turn arounds.

His poke is great. Death Ray is a fairly unique skillshot that makes for a lot of mind games.

His character/lore is fun. I love his motivations/voice/everything. Just purely a lot of fun.

Customization options. His passive lets you choose how you want to play him.

The things I don't like about Viktor:

His passive. As it is, his passive seems to gimp him more than help. Augment: Death is the only feasible one for playing mid (lacking damage otherwise). Augment: Gravity seems usable in a more support oriented role, but Augment: Power just doesn't really have much appeal.

His auto attack. It's a long windup. Minor gripe.

His laser. The infamous "can't see the laser" bug is annoying for both sides.

His proximity to fights. He can't seem to make up his mind whether he should be close (Power Transfer, Gravity Field) or far away (Death Ray, Chaos Storm).

Suggestions:

A lot of people think an extra tier for his augments would be good. That could certainly work. Perhaps upgrading it would grant futher abilities to the skill you chose to upgrade, maybe even adding active abilities.

Perhaps having upgrades that benefit all abilities in some way. For example, Augment: Death could upgrade Power Transfer with a minor DOT. For Gravity Field, it could apply a small amount of true damage while in the field. Death Ray would have the same effect, but reduced to compensate for the bonuses added to other skills. Each agument would have a focus on a specific factor (damage, range, survivability for example).

Allow Viktor to purchase more than one upgrade. Sacrificing other items for greater bonuses on his kit. A player would have to choose "Do I want greater Gravity Field range or pick up another item instead?"

Change Viktor's passive altogether. When Viktor kills another champion, he augments himself with part of their stats. He gains a small percent of the AP of the AP of anyone he kills. If he dies he loses a portion of this bonus AP. A sort of built in stackbook.

Another passive idea: at certain levels (every level you can level up your ult maybe. Same way Pulsefire Ezreal upgrades his look at these levels), Viktor can apply an augment to one of his skills. This eliminates the item space requirement as well as the item benefit (AP per level). This way, you get updated skill functionality without extra AP on top of it. This would help balance the added functionality for free by removing the AP gain.

I enjoy Viktor very much and I'm glad he's getting looked at! Soon, the glorious revolution shall rise transformed!

(Also, please fix the laser glitch. Pleaseeeeeeeeee)

Legomasta

08-02-2012

I love playing Viktor. His laser is extremely satisfying to use - especially when it lands. His kit is just really impressive overall and reminds me a bit of the older mages like Ryze or Sion for being extremely forceful when fighting people. Blowing people up in an instant is always quite a bit of fun on any champion. But the bugs, mang - the BUGS. I'm sure you've heard this before many times. His laser just does not work properly. There are a handful of different issues with this and I'm fairly certain that you're already on top of that.

My biggest grudge is about his Q. The increased missile speed wasn't much of an improvement for him. This type of change is nice for champions that only do direct damage (like the upcoming Cho'gath faster casting time). The idea with this skill is to initiate confrontation and force retaliation. What ends up happening almost every time is Viktor attempting to initiate and ending up coming out as the loser. You end up sticking to using nothing but your E most of the time. It'd be much more interesting to be able to use Q more often rather than (mostly) saving it for a burst combo. I read somewhere where someone suggested something like giving Viktor half of the shield absorption value on casting the spell and the other half when the missile hits the target. Essentially, this will be 25% / 25% which will allow him to actually absorb something rather than having 50% pretty much after something happens.This would give a lot more incentive to purchasing the yellow hex core.

The other thing is his passive. It's a really cool idea and all but... using up an item slot? The hex core does not scale, does not upgrade and really only serves as an early alternative to getting other items like Doran's Rings or a Kage's Lucky Pick. The different hex cores just come down to personal preference but it's really only the increased range on W that actually scales well with the rest of the game in terms of utility. The increased movement speed on Q is nice but... well, Ryze already has this as a passive on his ultimate and he doesn't need to use an item slot for it. This is probably a poor comparison since I'm not much of a game designer but I'm sure you get the gist of it. The dot on E hex core is actually REALLY nice really only early on.

ShiznazTM

08-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterTransmuter View Post
Boy this wasn't an essay.
Posting in a feedback thread for potential with champion influence, cannot be replied to with.

"Wow I really like this champ! "

Kanzawa

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-02-2012

i like viktor be hes more of a skirmisher ap. hes not like say veigar who skirts the outside of combat and waits to try to burst someone before he explodes.

viktor gets down and dirty, you wade into the fight blocking off exits doing great aoe damage, slowing with rylais and shielding yourself.

my problem with viktor is his mana. it FEELS like hes meant to keep applying pressure, by cycling through his abilities in lane. lazer them from long range for free damage, power transfer for a favorable trade. gravity field them if they try to fight, his kit makes him seem like hes supposed to be a bully in lane. but he runs out of mana if you cast your lazer, and whichever ability you dont lvl up feels pointless to use, max lazer first? dont bother using q cause it does 10 and shields you for 2, not worth running into a dark binding to try to land. max q first? dont use lazer, it costs 800 mana and does 12 if it hits.

the augment is his biggest downfall though. ap champs already build pretty glass cannon, thier job is damage. when the enemy udyr jungle and riven top, have 4k hp and 200mr, viktor who benefits most from building tanky ap items just falls off super hard. AND the augment WOULD make him an exceptional mid game champ which would be a fair trade IF it didnt cost 1k. if you rush augment its too weak IMO. if you get it at like lvl 9-11 mid game teamfight time, then you didnt finish roa or rylais.

you should get the augment choice for free at lvl 9 or something, when you could have theoretically maxed your ability of choice. that would make the lategame falloff worth it for the midgame boost, and make stuff like haunting guise or other super agressive early game items pretty appealing.

i like his abilities, i like the way he feels. but the augment is wrong, his mana is wrong, his base damages are wrong, his problem is numbers, and a passive that takes an item slot for some reason. a champ with such a high skillcap should be much more rewarding, the lazer should do dot to begin with or have some form of utility so that maxing q can be an option. because lvl 1 lazer costs too much and does too little, so you really HAVE to max it first to be able to kill, even though q is so much better in lane. all of his abilities feel op with the augment, and they all feel weak without.

/end rant

sling14

08-02-2012

The bug with his E dissapearing is very annoying as a viktor player, and imo his Q could use a little more range, or maybe make the Q upgrade add range to the skill, might make the Q upgrade a little more worthwhile

Hayuro

08-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solcrushed View Post
Non-Viktor players: Have you ever even considered playing Viktor or played him in the past? If so, what turned you off Viktor/what did not meet your expectations?
I have quite some fun with viktor.. some flaws I see on him are that his E is bugged (going invisible or not hitting enemies that arent even walking)

and I think that his ult is kinda weak.. I know its a good spell, but comparing it to other ultimates it seems lame, .5s silence, meh damage.. i'd suggest a buff to the ult for 1s silence or something, something noticeable even if its short, not just to stop a channeling spell

and yeah.. rework his passive please..
the fact that his passive uses 1 item slot is ok, the problem is that viktor is one of those champions that kinda need a lot of items, like swain..

abyssal, roa, rilay's, wota, deathcap, void scepter, hourglass.. basicly every ap item is awesome on him, and he has to get only 4 of these, cause of boots + passive, and lastly, the obvious factor that the passive options are, with all my respect, bad. Only 1 is actually worth to get..

I wouldnt want a rework on viktor, just on his passive, if you dont rework his passive, just buff it slightly i'd say
and please, fix the gliches on the lazor, its quite frustrating to play as and against Viktor, making it quite unfun sometimes

PKPikmin

08-02-2012

I wanted to play Viktor because i thought his augments would let him adapt as the game went on. However, the spell changes aren't really drastic enough for this to happen. While I have experimented with a tanky AP build with CDR and augment power(Which seems geared to a Ryze sort of play style, though it is vastly inferior to that.) his burst mage play style is far more useful.

Overall, I like viktor, and I really hope this remake will allow him to adapt as well as Viktor himself always brags about.

SpidermanHecarim

08-02-2012

I think his passive needs to be improved to have tier 3 items and some variety, augment death or not augment pretty much, and his laser needs to be more consistent.

Karter Wid a K

08-02-2012

Viktor picks are low, because he has a high skill cap (don't change this)
When you do learn him, he is truly powerful, because he can do a lot of damage and cc

I really wanted to try him when I got the chance to (free week)
One of the offsetters for me is this... I think he should be able to change the skill he augments somewhere down the road, one decision made early on shouldn't affect the character for the rest of the game... so in short, the augmenting system is great (it's what makes viktor unique), bu it needs more depth in that it needs to be versatile and I'd like to see greater differences in the actual champion of viktor depending on which augment he decides to use

Hextech Anivia

08-02-2012

I first picked up Viktor when I saw one completely demolish my team. Around that time, I had forgot that I bought him several months ago and believed him to be complete trash. After that game, I realized Viktor's potential and started to study his mechanics and look at guides, most notably Aranium's Viktor Guide on solomid.net.

What I enjoy most about him is his lazer which allows me to play mindgames with the enemy laner by making him/her extremely fearful of it because of its possible wonky angles and massive damage.

What I hate most about him is that he really only has one viable augment path. I'd like to see that his other augments eventually be able to do something.