The true evolution

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SN Fate

08-04-2012

never played vikor and heres why.
didn't like the appearance
ultimate does not look fun nor game changing.
lack of fun skillset.

what i find fun is ez's skillset. and building ap on it.

Yemaco

08-04-2012

ide like too hear another rioter post on this, lol im curious what RIOT has taken from this thread and where they generally feel this should go.

Mensidiaverne

08-04-2012

I play a little Viktor from time to time but given the choice of who to mid I tend to use Lux over him.

Q - Make it travel faster so his shield on return gets applied straight away so he can actually harass with a couple auto attacks and not take damage unlike now where a quick enemy opponent can hurt him a little before he gets the shield.

AoE gravity snare - Increase the range slightly

Death Ray - Make the beam move faster or utilize a slightly wider area

An overall reduction in skill mana costs + increased mana regen would be swell.

Something about his Augments too. The way it stands, most players just go for the red augment as there is not much point to the other two. People much rather having an increase in damage on their primary nuke rather than utility which would impact their role as an AP nuker.

Mahrix

08-04-2012

Quote:
In case you guys don't realize it, that makes his "Augment Death" the third highest AP item after Rabadon's Deathcap and Zhonya's Hourglass (both cost more than 3 times more). Now, please tell me how his passive makes his late game bad? Please... SOMEONE explain it to me.
Personal build choice is a factor in this, but no matter your build choice, Viktor's passive limits your late game options.

You usually build the augment fairly early into the game or at least somewhere in mid. By the time it hits late and the possibility of a full build is approaching, the decision you made early on cannot be changed to fit anything that might have changed about the tide of the game.

If you find that you are needing more defense later on because you are getting focused, or you need something that packs even more punch, you have to factor in that you are playing with 4 actual items + whatever your augment is.

In other words, the augment is chosen early on and you have less space for options for important decisions later on in the game.

Desmond Law

08-04-2012

Faster casting on his E and Q, they doesn't respond fast enough for ganks or poke engagements.

Jgame

08-04-2012

Bump.

powahless

08-04-2012

i like the fact that viktor is able to silence, any mid with a silence is always up on the other ap. i like his gravity field very much also but his q seems like it shouldn't be in his kit and his e is too hard to aim..even with practice

Carnack

08-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solcrushed View Post

Non-Viktor players: Have you ever even considered playing Viktor or played him in the past? If so, what turned you off Viktor/what did not meet your expectations?

THE EVOLUTION IS NOT-REALLY-SOON(TM)
I did buy Vik on first release because the idea of evolving abilities made me curious but his Hex Core seems firmly in the Could Be a Ward slot instead of Awesome Item slot.

The stats on it as a whole seem weak and the gained stats go from handy (Death Ray) to pointless (Those Other Two). The added effects are nice but that alone does not make it worth an item slot to me.

Personally I would like more evolution options. Like say allow players to upgrade their Hex Core multiple times with possably a "Perfected Hex Core" as the final buy or a result of upgrading it three times.
This could offer good stats and would offset the "free" item with the costs of upgrading. This could also mean that you can mae the HC worth its slot.

But realisticly I think a good reason to look at the other augments would be good possably with an alteration to the ability's graphics.

Loafers4Gophers

08-04-2012

2 Days, 102 pages. Didn't know Viktor was so loved, it's cool to see that

Desmond Law

08-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by powahless View Post
i like the fact that viktor is able to silence, any mid with a silence is always up on the other ap. i like his gravity field very much also but his q seems like it shouldn't be in his kit and his e is too hard to aim..even with practice
However, The silence is almost negilable since it lasts for .5 secs and comes from on hit of his ultimate that you can only cast once every minute. Meaning it is not reliable.

I would prefer that the Q and E stay in the kit, just have them tweeked for better performance and better feeling for pulling off Viktor combos.