Riot will NEVER respond to any thread of importance (and here's why)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

OH NO ITS LU BU

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

08-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehMightyMidget View Post
I have no idea what Touhou is. In fact, I dislike anime. I still care, simply because it's an awesome name, and Riot hasn't given any sensible reasons as to why they would change it.
Because Infinite Light is easier to pronounce.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TakashixToshirou

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

08-02-2012

bump


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shadeykris

Senior Member

08-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangachu View Post
Time to ignore all the times they HAVE responded to threads like that to prove your point, amirite?

Tell me, has ANYONE who works at blizzard or EA or 98% of game companies ever responded to ANYTHING you say?

Clearly league's fanbase has lived the good life for too long.
There is another thread that's been hanging around GD for awhile now. It is called "How narcissistic is the average League of Legend player?" And I have never bothered to open it, because all I have to do is look at some of the other thread titles in GD and say ".... very."


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Realyst

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

08-02-2012

I've created dozens of threads addressing the OPs points, all of which getting over 10 pages of replies each, yet none of them getting a red reply even after 2-3 days of staying on the front page. Meanwhile Reds reply to all the various brand new, 'If X champion was your X, what would you do!?,' even though those threads clearly violate the terms of service on the General forums (as those are off-topic, but then again, when has anything on this forums been moderated properly?). Riot doesn't reply to anything that could harm their reputation and/or financial situation. Riot, the company that can't give its playerbase $7 worth of RP due to their PR mistakes, yet can afford to drop $5,000,000 in their Season 2 prize pool. Stay classy Riot.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RaeBird

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

08-02-2012

I agree they need to address certain things and ignore ignore ignore when people post a hundred threads about the same thing.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TehMightyMidget

Senior Member

08-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by OH NO ITS LU BU View Post
Because Infinite Light is easier to pronounce.
But everyone on the forums and reddit prefers the old name.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

StationaryObject

Senior Member

08-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehMightyMidget View Post
Threads that Riot refuses to acknowledge:
Threads about their awful handling of the 1000RP situation
Threads about Finales Funkeln and how a vast majority of the community wants it to stay
Threads about their nerfing of IP gains
Threads about how they ignore major situations
Threads about LEGITIMATE CONCERNS within their game
Threads about RP pricing and how 3k RP for a skin is too much
Threads about how they broke their promise about either releasing champions UNDER 6300IP or reducing the prices of older ones consistently.
Threads about revamping older legendary skins instead of removing them
First Off, Riot is not obligated to respond at all on the forums. That they do is something amazing, as a majority of companies wouldn't.
1. Are you guys seriously still on that 1000RP thing? It's been like a freaking month, move on.
2.They have explained why they are changing it. It's their game, they can do with it what they want. It's just the name of a **** spell, they aren't changing it mechanically at all. And seriously, who honestly thought about her ult's name other than "Lux's huge light thing that owns"
3. I don't know anything about this, so I won't comment on it.
4. There are a million 'legitimate concerns' about their game. Can you be more specific? Cuz I'm sure there are those who are honestly concerned about Annie having a teen skin.
5. You can play the whole game without paying a penny. They can price stuff however they want, because it's how they make money.
6. Where did they promise this?
7. Riot has stated several times they will not revamp old legendary skins. They have said this soooooooo many times. They just aren't going to do it, so stop acting like it's an issue that's up for debate.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TehMightyMidget

Senior Member

08-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel Logan View Post
I've created dozens of threads addressing the OPs points, all of which getting over 10 pages of replies each, yet none of them getting a red reply even after 2-3 days of staying on the front page. Meanwhile Reds reply to all the various brand new, 'If X champion was your X, what would you do!?,' even though those threads clearly violate the terms of service on the General forums (as those are off-topic, but then again, when has anything on this forums been moderated properly?). Riot doesn't reply to anything that could harm their reputation and/or financial situation. Riot, the company that can't give its playerbase $7 worth of RP due to their PR mistakes, yet can afford to drop $5,000,000 in their Season 2 prize pool. Stay classy Riot.
This.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DrewRoid

Senior Member

08-02-2012

Keep up these posts on holding riot accountable. Hopefully our efforts won't be in vain.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Baneson

Senior Member

08-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehMightyMidget View Post
They never said no to the 1k RP situation, after the initial post, they refused to say anything else other than Pendragon's half-excuse. If they said no, I WOULD BE HAPPY
They said all new champs will be 6.3k with reductions on older ones, but they haven't reduced older ones
I'd be fine if they said it's not worth their time to overhaul older legendaries, but they offered no other compromise.
They did say no. Read the Red posts. All of them. Not just the Pendragon "This thread is now about dogs." post. You'll find it. I promise you, you'll find it.