Riot will NEVER respond to any thread of importance (and here's why)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Struggler9996

Senior Member

08-02-2012

It couldn't possibly be because very few Rioters can talk about some of the threads in the OP's 'refused to respond threads' section, and even those few Rioters likely aren't able to talk about those things, or are not yet ready to talk about them. No, couldn't possibly be that.

And the multiple Riot posts in for-fun threads couldn't possibly be because they don't need permission from higher ups to talk about those topics, and can just post like anyone else. No, no way. Couldn't be that.

Riot is a company. Not every employee is even legally able to talk about certain things within it. People get fired for those kinds of things.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Incrusio

Senior Member

08-02-2012

bump


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

OH NO ITS LU BU

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

08-02-2012

The only people that care about Lux's ult name are fans of Touhou. That's like maybe 1% of league's player base and maybe 20% of the people on the forums.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Thats unhealthy

Senior Member

08-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by OH NO ITS LU BU View Post
Once they get too big, they won't have the manpower.
Once they get too big, they won't have the manpower.

Once they get too big, they won't have the manpower.

What.
Poorly worded, but you have to admit, the bigger a company gets, the less people oriented they seem..


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TehMightyMidget

Senior Member

08-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nroberts15 View Post
Going to get downvoted massively I'm guessing but here goes:

1. Show me a company that acknowledges bad PR in a public forum (I don't mean internet forums here, I mean all public forums). I'll wait. If I recall, they said "Hey, we messed up, we are changing to double IP". What more do you want?
2. They gave their reasoning on why they changed it. That's fine if that's not good enough for you but don't say they didn't respond.
3. What do you want them to say? They want to encourage people to buy more RP. Making money helps keep the game running.
4. No specificity in this complaint. Again, companies are not going to publicly comment on a lot of issues.
5. Again, no specificity. From my point of view, I see constant threads talking about upcoming reworks, QoL changes, etc. They aren't going to respond to every single "Darius OP, delete from game" thread.
6. Judging from the amount of people who have PFE, this isn't an issue (although most probably got him at the lower price point). At any rate, and this is likely too advanced for most people here, something is worth what another will pay for it. If skins as a whole sell well, why not up the ante with a really great skin and charge more for it?
7. Don't really know details on this.
8. Don't know details on this. Don't see an issue at all though.

I've been reading these forums for a while, and I think I've gotten to the core of this issue. Riot presents themselves as a player centric company, but because of this, people see them as their buddy next door that they can ask anything to and expect answers. They are a business. I would imagine that the reason a lot of them come on to read the forums is to take a quick break from work. For the most part, their jobs have nothing to do with posting on forums. They keep us updated when they can and that's more than most companies do.
I'm not saying that they're not fantastic. I love Riot. But it's pretty obvious that some issues simply go unsolved, and that makes us feel ignored. They're still better than MOST OTHER GAMING COMPANIES, I don't want to see them deteriorate.

Downvoted? I just agreed with this guy.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LittleRageApple

Junior Member

08-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangachu View Post
Time to ignore all the times they HAVE responded to threads like that to prove your point, amirite?

Tell me, has ANYONE who works at blizzard or EA or 98% of game companies ever responded to ANYTHING you say?

Clearly league's fanbase has lived the good life for too long.
>.>


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

OH NO ITS LU BU

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

08-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thats unhealthy View Post
Poorly worded, but you have to admit, the bigger a company gets, the less people oriented they seem..
I disagree. The larger a company gets the more people they have to deal with giving the illusion that they aren't "YOU" oriented. They're taking care of millions of needs every day. Those needs aren't going to coincide with yours every day.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MonoBlaine

Senior Member

08-02-2012

I'll bump, but not because i have hope that a red answer to this but at least when they refresh the GD they will see this thread.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TehMightyMidget

Senior Member

08-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by OH NO ITS LU BU View Post
The only people that care about Lux's ult name are fans of Touhou. That's like maybe 1% of league's player base and maybe 20% of the people on the forums.
I have no idea what Touhou is. In fact, I dislike anime. I still care, simply because it's an awesome name, and Riot hasn't given any sensible reasons as to why they would change it.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wu1fy54

Senior Member

08-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by OH NO ITS LU BU View Post
Once they get too big, they won't have the manpower.
Once they get too big, they won't have the manpower.

Once they get too big, they won't have the manpower.

What.
As a company grows and gets larger, their clients they cater to become much much larger than the company itself.

Even as the company grows, they won't have the manpower or financial power to hire enough people to handle the vast amount of players' concerns and questions that become increasingly idiotic and simplistic.

Their book of business gets HUGE, TOO HUGE, and even as they grow, they won't be able to hire enough staff to handle it all.

Please think realistically from a business pov please.

Blizzard isn't a cruel, mean company. That people blame a lot for not supporting the players enough. It's just that they are a huge company, and can't handle the players at a fast enough rate while still maintaining professionalism.

They want to, but simply they can't. So inevitable people get screwed more and more consistently as the community grows, and the "voice" gets bigger and bigger.

Its a vicious cycle, that keeps going downward.