Riot will NEVER respond to any thread of importance (and here's why)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bekkal

Senior Member

08-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehMightyMidget View Post
Threads that Riot refuses to acknowledge:
Threads about their awful handling of the 1000RP situation
Threads about Finales Funkeln and how a vast majority of the community wants it to stay
Threads about their nerfing of IP gains
Threads about how they ignore major situations
Threads about LEGITIMATE CONCERNS within their game
Threads about RP pricing and how 3k RP for a skin is too much
Threads about how they broke their promise about either releasing champions UNDER 6300IP or reducing the prices of older ones consistently.
Threads about revamping older legendary skins instead of removing them
In order:
Responded to the original.
Didn't respond.
Responded to original and version 2.
Responded to several threads about this topic.
Wholly subjective post - what is a "legitimate concern"?
Subjective post - I disagree completely, and approve of all legendaries being released cheaply then with a price increase. How exactly should Riot respond to this, then?
Responded to original post and several remakes.
Responded to a multitude of threads, including the original "magnificent tf left in the dust" thread.


You not liking their responses doesn't mean they didn't respond.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OH NO ITS LU BU View Post
Nobody on staff should ever be allowed to engage in non-critical discussions on the General Discussion forum. Regardless of their job.
No offense, but this is idiotic.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TehMightyMidget

Senior Member

08-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amelberan View Post
Hypotheticals, but.


Maybe they are finding information out before they can present it.
Maybe it is still being discussed internally and they don't want to give false information.
Maybe it is being handled by someone else (i.e. marketing/pr) and they have no control over it.

It could be a lot of things. And yes, the problem with how active they are is that when they're quiet it looks like it is being ignored. However, if they could tell you everything and trust that we wouldn't flip out about every little detail, don't you think they would? Have you been to other game official forums? Even in the most "developer involved" communities you're lucky to see maybe one or two dev posts a day, and usually that is from the community team. Here we have artists, Quality Assurance, programmers, designers, producers, and even the president drops in on occasion.

Riot cares. Their business model (how they get money) is based on them having to care. At the same time though, they can't respond to every question. They can't drop everything at all times to respond to every issue, even the big ones. When they can, they do. But it is unreasonable to think they can do it all the time.
I'd love if these were true. However, it's been months since some of the threads I listed were posted, and none of them were responded to. They still haven't given legitimate answers to out concerns about the issues I stated. It doesn't take this long.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheFailBus

Senior Member

08-02-2012

As someone showed on the last page, they have posted about quite a lot of those issues. I think you're confusing "not doing exactly what you want and caving in to forum demand" with not responding.

TLDR OP is a moron.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CorruptFate

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

08-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehMightyMidget View Post
Threads that Riot refuses to acknowledge:
Threads about their awful handling of the 1000RP situation
Threads about Finales Funkeln and how a vast majority of the community wants it to stay
Threads about their nerfing of IP gains
Threads about how they ignore major situations
Threads about LEGITIMATE CONCERNS within their game
Threads about RP pricing and how 3k RP for a skin is too much
Threads about how they broke their promise about releasing champions for UNDER 6300IP
Threads about revamping older legendary skins instead of removing them
1st One, Riot has talked about a few times they give out more rewards than any other company and people should not feel that they deserve them all.

2nd, Not important so goes against your point

3rd They have talked about this when the system was changed

4th Have been addressed the problem is that everyone thinks different thinks are important, case and point i and many others do not care about lux's ulti name, well some seem to really care about it.

5th LEGITIMATE CONCERNS can't really comment here because its a very broad term that could be about anything.

6th They have talked about this, skins are not something a player needs to have to play the game, it also took much more effort to make the PFE skin rather than any other skin to date. It also had its price discounted at its time of release, when most people buy a new skin anyway.

7th Can't really comment on this I haven't seen much on this subject and don't really care, if the champions and skins were to easy to get it would be less fun for myself.

8th They talked about this too, it would be a lot of work to revamp old skins, and if they just make new ones both can exist and the new ones be even better. Ex. red baron corki isn't at all as cool of an idea as PFE no matter how you trick him out.

So it looks like most of those have come up you just need to look, or if the answer they gave was not the one you liked then, im sorry.

Edit: also dont care if he is trolling, just better to get the right info out.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Haxproof

Senior Member

08-02-2012

You people might complain and whine about being ignored, but when it comes down to it, Riot's commitment and involvement with the community is still far, far better than other other major gaming company.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Talisid

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

08-02-2012

I find it hilarious that the 1000 RP debacle got as big as it did.

120+ page thread whining about Less then $10 worth of RP.

120 page thread... about 10 dollars.

Ten
Dollars


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

OH NO ITS LU BU

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

08-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehMightyMidget View Post
I'd love if these were true. However, it's been months since some of the threads I listed were posted, and none of them were responded to. They still haven't given legitimate answers to out concerns about the issues I stated. It doesn't take this long.
Because they don't have an answer you're going to like or want to hear so why bother.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wu1fy54

Senior Member

08-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangachu View Post
Time to ignore all the times they HAVE responded to threads like that to prove your point, amirite?

Tell me, has ANYONE who works at blizzard or EA or 98% of game companies ever responded to ANYTHING you say?

Clearly league's fanbase has lived the good life for too long.
They never actually respond though. They basically say, "We care, but really we don't because we like money more sorry."

The only rioter who I enjoyed a response from was RioterAmes, that's it.

And we have so many people on these forums who are so negative and just don't give a **** about life that they just don't care.

These are also the people who don't vote. Who have **** jobs. Etc.

Those threads posted above, need to be addressed. Granted even if a thread gets 1k upvotes, that really isn't a vast part of the community. This game has millions of players, who 85% don't go on the forums


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cuz1972

Senior Member

08-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehMightyMidget View Post
If they read but don't reply, we feel ignored. We feel like they don't care. You say that Morello or Iron Stylus respond to this kind of thing, why don't they? There is no reason for them to not acknowledge that we AREN'T being ignored.
Some of you feel that way. The rest of us know how to use the dev tracker, and notice that they have responded to ALL the points mentioned in the original post. Personaly, I wouldn't have wasted time responding to half of them. I guess they care more about the trivial "issues" (add " " to taste) than I ever could.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Heavy Machinery

Senior Member

08-02-2012

To be fair, threads about RP and IP, or pricing in general usually go unanswered because the marketing department people aren't on the forums and the reds that are on the forums aren't privy to that information

I highly doubt someone like Zileas is in a position to answer those kinds of threads or I'm pretty sure he would.