Riot will NEVER respond to any thread of importance (and here's why)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Auryiel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-02-2012

bump

BlueQuail

08-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehMightyMidget View Post
Exactly. They'll just give empty apologies and explain how none of this is their fault.
I dunno. They could whine in the forums all day and beg for free stuff.

Philanthropist

08-02-2012

Why would they bother posting in a thread telling you that they cannot change something?

Every thread on the list of threads will not be fixed in the way the community wants it to. Most of those threads talk about their business model, and how they want stuff to be easier to get, for less money.

I want gas to cost 5 cents a gallon, but it's never going to happen.

Impaler Alucard

08-02-2012

I want my threads answered as well. Upvoted, OP.

XxWMxX

08-02-2012

Even thought the 6300 was "agreed" to be done for future champion but reduce the old champs price...its been a while since they have reduced some prices.

MiltonTheButcher

08-02-2012

Alternatively,

Riot isn't allowed to post on hot button issues unless they are specific people (Morello on design, Iron Stylus on art) because they are a company and part of being a company involves rules by marketing/PR on what can and can't be said.

However, there are no such rules for "for fun" threads, and Rioters want to be active in the community.

There is a difference between not replying and not reading. With the amount of red posts on this forum daily, they are aware of the issues. However, they can't just come out and respond. Especially not when we've got people pulling up red quotes from over a year ago and demanding that ALL Reds be held accountable to a quote so long ago that entire design philosophy could have changed since then.

TehMightyMidget

08-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amelberan View Post
Alternatively,

Riot isn't allowed to post on hot button issues unless they are specific people (Morello on design, Iron Stylus on art) because they are a company and part of being a company involves rules by marketing/PR on what can and can't be said.

However, there are no such rules for "for fun" threads, and Rioters want to be active in the community.

There is a difference between not replying and not reading. With the amount of red posts on this forum daily, they are aware of the issues. However, they can't just come out and respond. Especially not when we've got people pulling up red quotes from over a year ago and demanding that ALL Reds be held accountable to a quote so long ago that entire design philosophy could have changed since then.
If they read but don't reply, we feel ignored. We feel like they don't care. You say that Morello or Iron Stylus respond to this kind of thing, why don't they? There is no reason for them to not acknowledge that we AREN'T being ignored.

Eph289

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehMightyMidget View Post
Threads that Riot refuses to acknowledge:
Threads about their awful handling of the 1000RP situation
They posted on this plenty. They said they weren't giving in to the whiners who wanted 1000 free RP. What else do you want?
Threads about Finales Funkeln and how a vast majority of the community wants it to stay
RiotAmes and Ymir have both posted on this
Threads about their nerfing of IP gains
Rjcombo and Zileas have debunked this theory repeatedly
Threads about how they ignore major situations
Morello posts about this kinda stuff on a fairly regular basis. Pendragon occasionally does to.
Threads about LEGITIMATE CONCERNS within their game
Namely....
Threads about RP pricing and how 3k RP for a skin is too much
Haven't seen that many of these
Threads about how they broke their promise about releasing champions for UNDER 6300IP
Tryndamere posted about this in his AMA, saying that they were happy with releasing new champs at 6300 and then reducing IP on older champions
Threads about revamping older legendary skins instead of removing them
IronStylus has posted about this, saying that it might happen, but it would depend on if they considered it worth it to do so. In many cases the answer is no.

To further my point, I guaruntee that no Rioter will respond to this thread. If they do, they will not say anything that really answers my complaints, and will CERTAINLY not address any of the threads I posted above.
Don't just upvote this post, please respond. I want to see this on the front page until Riot mans up and responds.
Riot has posted on a lot of these issues, the problem you have is that YOU DON'T LIKE THEIR ANSWER. Either that, or you haven't really done your homework to check dev posts.

You don't like that Riot isn't giving out 1000 RP. They said no.
You don't like that Tryndamere pretty much said all new champs will be 6300 with reductions on older ones.
You don't like that Riot has said that it's probably not worth their time to overhaul older legendary skins.

That's completely different from "they haven't posted on this."

RF Legendary

08-02-2012

ima test this theory

TehMightyMidget

08-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eph289 View Post
No, you're full of it. Riot has posted on a lot of these issues, the problem you have is that YOU DON'T LIKE THEIR ANSWER.

You don't like that Riot isn't giving out 1000 RP. They said no.
You don't like that Tryndamere pretty much said all new champs will be 6300 with reductions on older ones.
You don't like that Riot has said that it's probably not worth their time to overhaul older legendary skins.

That's completely different from "they haven't posted on this."
They never said no to the 1k RP situation, after the initial post, they refused to say anything else other than Pendragon's half-excuse. If they said no, I WOULD BE HAPPY
They said all new champs will be 6.3k with reductions on older ones, but they haven't reduced older ones
I'd be fine if they said it's not worth their time to overhaul older legendaries, but they offered no other compromise.