Is it bad that I like Dominion more than Summoner's rift?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lumara

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by jremmons View Post
Guild Wars doing alliance battles due to the fast paced gameplay and interesting builds that can be used to good success.
this.

People don't understand that Dominion isn't a new game mode its a entire new game really...

Ardnalis

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaIfhearted View Post
Sadly, there is not ranked. We are HOPING for ranked after season 2 ends, but whether we actually get it is questionable : (

And yeah, a lot of SR players like to ****talk Dominion because apparently that's the cool thing to do.
I believe that HotShotGG or some other pro player really dissed Dom soon after its release, and no one spoke up in Dominions defense, so now all the little fanboys and fangirls just blindly think Dom sucks cause their idol said so.
It didn't help that a lot of the big people that tried it got stomped because they were out of their safety zone. I still have this picture from back from Oct 5, 2011, according to the file properties.
First time I played Kennen, too, and I beat a *Curse* member at laning(we were bot). That's pretty big for a pro gaming team to lose to a group of nobodies. For them to call it a trash mode and that they weren't playing serious is an easy escape.

SuperQuackDuck

08-02-2012

I won't play SR even if my friends invite me. No jokes, it's seriously boring. I've played 2 SR games since I started playing dominion and fell asleep being solo top in one of them due to boredom.

Lopretni

08-02-2012

Not at all. Summoner's Rift is awful. 20 minutes of farming, and 85% of games are decided by the first two team fights.

Rebel Dragon

08-02-2012

It's a perfectly natural response.

Dominion forever!

Painkillar

08-06-2012

Dominion was kindof an acquired taste for me. I started playing it to relax after doing ranked sr. Then, once i got to higher elo it was so much fun that i can't even spectate an SR game. It's just not as fun anymore. I want to play/see a good fisticuffs, not waste 30 minutes watching people poke each other and beat up on almost dead minions for 20 minutes...when a good brawl actually happens in sr, it's so late in the game i don't give a **** anymore. I think more people would play dominion if riot showed us just a little more love. The competitive scene has gotten a lot more fun in touneys since i joined. Before it was just bpb and plus 5. now there's at least 6 teams that are rateable (+5, pecs, dtl, ftv, bpb, cheeze (might have missed one)). I know a lot of newer players are steered more towards dominion rather than sr, maybe that will pay off later when they get better...well that is if riot doesn't make another assasin-tank-mage-fighter-melee-bruiser-ad carry-blinks every second-cc heavy-suport, super carry champion that breaks the mode in that time....ehhm, cough, wink wink riot....kass.

Stro21

08-06-2012

I like a lot Dominion, it's fast and a great gameplay.

Noetherian

08-06-2012

You are not alone. I also enjoy Dominion much more than Summoner's Rift. (I mean, Summoner's Rift is fine, but I more frequently get exciting, close games on Dominion.)

Ayaripon

08-06-2012

It's definitely not bad that you are enjoying Dom more than SR. I've never touched SR since Dom's release save for playing in 5's with friends.

Suit of Clubs

08-06-2012

Am so glad to see people like me. I would pick Dom over SR any day, no matter what the champion