New AFK detection for matchmade games

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sornir

08-02-2012

I feel like people are going to use the decline option to "troll" a lot.

firewizard13

08-02-2012

that's a great idea to bad they didn't think of it first.
That idea is straight from the game smite.Isn't it riot????

Tython22

08-02-2012

Isn't there a way to do this more remotely so we don't have to click it every time? it takes quite a while to actually get a match and you spend quite a bit of time clicking accept waiting for a match

Nosef

08-02-2012

Can't wait to see this in action it has been a long time coming

RiotTantram

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Software Engineer

08-02-2012
2 of 7 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHIX View Post
Is decline (or failure to accept) the same as a queue dodge?
Also, why is it that when I see someone decline, I have to wait until the timer runs out to be placed back into the queue?

Thanks
A decline or failure to accept is not the same as a queue dodge. When someone declines, you have to wait until the timer runs out for the system to allow others to decline and detect AFK players. Else, everyone after the first decline would sneak through till the next pass.

RenegadeTQ

08-02-2012

Great add. Not sure what took so long to implement now that I think of it. A lot of games have this including SMITE but I'm still glad you guys put it in.

RiotTantram

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Software Engineer

08-02-2012
3 of 7 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sornir View Post
I feel like people are going to use the decline option to "troll" a lot.
If you decline you are placed at the end of the line for matchmaking. Players that accept are kept at the front. They'd only be trolling each other.

XStormaggeddonX

Recruiter

08-02-2012

Great job! Still finding a few AFKers who start the game, run around for a few minutes, and then go AFK, but I like this change a lot!

Kazen247

08-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotTantram View Post
If you decline you are placed at the end of the line for matchmaking. Players that accept are kept at the front. They'd only be trolling each other.
So does the system keep track of how many times a player might decline or go afk for a set limit of time? Say...a month or two? I know you said there are no penalties but is any data being tracked? I know it wouldn't really help with preventing the small minority of extreme afker's from going afk if it was tracked, but I'm just curious.

pvtpain66k

08-02-2012

yay!