New AFK detection for matchmade games

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vagina Cloud

08-03-2012

RIOt copy dota 2 omg noobs

RiotKiddington

Platform Engineer

08-04-2012
4 of 7 Riot Posts

RiotTantram values player experience and worked hard on this feature. Thank you RiotTantram!

Kapzilla

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-04-2012

Getting a game to start takes SO long now. This feature, combined with no penalty for queue dodging has cut the number of games I can play almost in half. It takes 10 - 20 minutes to start a game that no one dodges or declines now.

It is beyond frustrating. Please give harsher penalties for queue dodging, it is the main culprit.

RiotKiddington

Platform Engineer

08-04-2012
5 of 7 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kapzilla View Post
Getting a game to start takes SO long now. This feature, combined with no penalty for queue dodging has cut the number of games I can play almost in half. It takes 10 - 20 minutes to start a game that no one dodges or declines now.

It is beyond frustrating. Please give harsher penalties for queue dodging, it is the main culprit.
Which queue are you talking about?

YurdleTheTurtle

08-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotKiddington View Post
He/she is likely talking about the recently removed Elo penalty for dodging ranked matches. It was replaced with a larger time penalty instead.

Lyte and folks however already addressed this long ago - They're going to keep it like this for various reasons (ex. Elo penalty made no sense because dodging does not affect actual skill level), and if people are abusing it too much, they will make necessary changes. In my opinion I think it works just fine right now, although I haven't run into the same issue of not being able to play.

Demuto

08-04-2012

Quote:
He's possibly talking about the dominion queue, which had, last I checked, no time penalty associated with dodging, just like it hasn't for ages.

RiotKiddington

Platform Engineer

08-04-2012
6 of 7 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demuto View Post
He's possibly talking about the dominion queue, which had, last I checked, no time penalty associated with dodging, just like it hasn't for ages.
I am aware of this issue, I will work with the engineering team to find a solution.

RiotKiddington

Platform Engineer

08-04-2012
7 of 7 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by YurdleTheTurtle View Post
He/she is likely talking about the recently removed Elo penalty for dodging ranked matches. It was replaced with a larger time penalty instead.

Lyte and folks however already addressed this long ago - They're going to keep it like this for various reasons (ex. Elo penalty made no sense because dodging does not affect actual skill level), and if people are abusing it too much, they will make necessary changes. In my opinion I think it works just fine right now, although I haven't run into the same issue of not being able to play.
That's what I thought, I also explained the change before on the forum. In time, we will review the penalty and make some adjustments. Lyte need more time to collect the data.

Kapzilla

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-04-2012

Quote:
I am talking about Ranked SR solo queue. Last night for instance, i had waited 15 mins for a game to go through without being dodged. I asked the people on my team how long they waited and some of them were 25+ mins. The game lasted 20 mins, at the end of the game he sighed at the fact the queue was longer than the game.

HaIfhearted

08-04-2012

Getting a dodge penalty for Dominion would be much appreciated by our community.

Right now draft mode is completely unplayable.
The low number of people playing combined with the frequent dodges mean you can reasonable expect at *least* a 10-20 minute wait to start a single draft game, and the wait times only increase with your hidden elo.

All of the higher-tier Dominion players have been forced into blind pick to escape multiple-hour long queues, when most of them would much prefer to be playing draft.

Also, the exodus of players from draft to blind caused a snowball effect which made draft q's even longer, causing more people to leave for blind.

However, I know many of these players would gladly re-queue for draft if they knew they wouldn't get dodged several times in a row before being able to get into a game, and it is my hope that having a few of these players go back into draft would start to bring others back in as well, thus reversing the snowball.