New AFK detection for matchmade games

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

fruitie

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotTantram View Post
A decline or failure to accept is not the same as a queue dodge. When someone declines, you have to wait until the timer runs out for the system to allow others to decline and detect AFK players. Else, everyone after the first decline would sneak through till the next pass.
It seems like a nice system, but couldn't you just have it so that when someone declines, everyone who accepted go straight back to the queue, and those that haven't still have to accept or decline?

Baywire

08-03-2012

I like it, good work, keep making these kinds of improvements however small will make the game better.

After some use, it works out well, I did get stuck in a 7 minute queue where the match maker went off about every 12 seconds and there was an AFK/Not ready person every time... But it's better than being queued with an AFK person or someone who is trying to get their team to dodge

Kittyrina

08-03-2012

Great addition, I like this a lot.

Zannypants

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-03-2012

If you don't accept in 5 seconds you get booted. What a genius idea. I have a feeling this all was some how Phreak's idea.

PsychoB0b

08-03-2012

This...is actually pretty brilliant

Purgation

08-03-2012

Who are all you people saying you like this? Yes, I appreciate that they tried to do something but that doesn't mean what they did was good. Now you have TWO chances to get have a game set up break. Annoying as **** and doesn't solve the problem. Better system would invite more than 10 to a game (like 14 - 16) and first 10 to respond get in, with a reset if 10 don't reply in say, 60 seconds. That way one might have a bit longer to respond, and it would be far less likely for games to bust at the first phase.

LennyNgo321

Recruiter

08-03-2012

Too many trollers now though :P

Kwisatz Haderach

08-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faolchu View Post
Horray!
Now what to do about those pesky in-game QQ afkers...
suck less so they don't feel like they're wasting their time with you

Atari

08-03-2012

So every time it is popping in duo queue, I hit accept, but my brother tells me that on his end it says I did not accept and places them back in queue. Meanwhile, it just sits there telling me someone hasn't joined yet. Then it kicks me from queue.

EDIT: And inb4 "they swapped accept and decline". I know this and very carefully click accept each time.. :x

fruitie

08-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purgation View Post
Who are all you people saying you like this? Yes, I appreciate that they tried to do something but that doesn't mean what they did was good. Now you have TWO chances to get have a game set up break. Annoying as **** and doesn't solve the problem. Better system would invite more than 10 to a game (like 14 - 16) and first 10 to respond get in, with a reset if 10 don't reply in say, 60 seconds. That way one might have a bit longer to respond, and it would be far less likely for games to bust at the first phase.
It does fix the afkers and people who would just about want to quit after in queue for a friend for example though, so you should be waiting less overall. It doesn't fix queue dodgers though. But honestly, not many people are going to afk just before selecting a champ, whereas they might when waiting to be in queue.