How do you report hackers

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ElGiggitron

09-10-2010

Me and two friends literally just played a game of 3's. in this game i am almost certain that we were getting hacked. at first we thought that it was just lag because it was only happening to one person on our team. but as the game progressed and we started to encounter more team fights it happened to myself and our third player. what would happen is we'd engage and the initial burst would get them down, but after that we couldnt control our characters. theres no way it was just a coincidence that we just happened to get lag every team fight. needless to say we won cause they were really bad and our burst killed em before their hacks could kill us, they ended up surrendering and tried to blame us >.<

anyway TL;DR ppl froze our characters in team fights, how do i report/ban them?
Edit: took out names

Eambo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-10-2010

Please remove the names, as Riot don't like name dropping on the forums.

You can either:
1) Right click their name at the end of the game, and report them there
2) Send a mail to harassment@riotgames.com

Note however that the server seems to be lagging right now, so that's why you would be experiencing the issues you are mentioning above.

ElGiggitron

09-10-2010

theres no way that it was just server lag, it didnt happen anytime other than in team fights and it wasnt like normal lag, we simply couldnt control our characters it wasnt like freeze lag, and whenever it happened they just stood still, like i said, it only happened in team fights im convinced that there is no way this was simply server lag

Eambo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-10-2010

Alrighty well if you report them (PS: Thanks for taking out the names) as mentioned above, Riot will investigate =-)

Mirok

09-10-2010

Every team fight demands more of your connection bandwith than usual running around map chasing minions.

It's lag. No one can control their champions when high lag spikes in teamfights... Seen it, experienced it couple of hours ago. Go to google, search and read about latency, lag etc. What it means and how it functions. Riots servers are a mess right now. Latest patch ruined a lot of things. It's impossible to make hacks for a game that is constantly updating. Patch came out few days ago that means they, those hackers would have made a new "hack" in a couple of days... And no one is that crazy I think.

ElGiggitron

09-11-2010

well i know it was the servers now as the next game i played the exact same thing happened on a much larger scale, but with prior knowledge it was very easy to assume that it was hacks, as all of our pings were in the 50-70's the whole game team fights take more bandwidth but not enough to explain the problem that was at hand. however riot's server explosion was so crisis averted

Masa Wang

04-16-2011

me and my friends were having the same problem. we were having a game of 3's then all of a sudden a Sion came and he was teleporting across the map and disappearing and reappearing and randomly stunning us out of nowhere. one of my friend's says that they were controlling him because he was randomly casting abilities that he didnt cast. my other friend says that he couldnt move all of a sudden. at the defeat screen, they were discussing something and they were talking about ip hacks, here a screenshot

http://screensnapr.com/v/U1xxG8.png

i was running nice with 6/1 then all of a sudden the hacker just destroyed my score. people who have been through this probably didn't do anything to try to report them because they could just play another game, but me and my friends dont want this to happen again so were doing this. anivia also said that he had hacks so im scared of ip hacks coming