Constantly disconnected from certain games

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zenkei

11-10-2009

Sup all,

I've overall been really, really pleased with my LoL experience, but there's a very, very frustrating problem that pops up every so often. The short version: In certain games I get disconnected. If I try to reconnect I can connect for maybe 1 minute before I'm disconnected again. No matter how many times I try to rejoin these games, I will always get disconnected from them. Since the last stat reset, I've played 37 games and this has happened once. (It seemed to happen more frequently before)

My first disconnect from one of these games always happens at the exact same time - right when the minions in the top and bottom lanes first reach each other. Right then I notice my hero becomes unresponsive, I start cursing and stomping the floor (to the joy of my downstairs neighbor), and a little while later it says I've been disconnected.
Not only does LoL disconnect me from my game, it takes my entire Internet access with it. I try ipconfig -release, ipconfig -renew, etc etc to no avail. The only way to get my Internet access back is to restart restart the router. Once my router restarts I can use the Internet fine, as long as I don't try to rejoin one of these games. As soon as I rejoin the game, I can play for maybe a minute, then I get disconnected and my Internet connection dies. Rinse and repeat.

I seldom have any problems with my Internet connection, and because it's only certain games this happens for, and for those games the symptoms and timing are EXACTLY the same, I'm pretty sure the cause of this has something to do with LoL, the PvP client, or connecting to your servers.

I've posted this on the forms tons of times with no response, I've sent in game logs with no response. Am I the only one out there that has this problem? What can I do to help you guys solve it?

Thank you.

Zenkei

YummyCheese

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

11-10-2009

I've seen people EXPERIENCE the problem. I've never experience it myself. I always assumed it was some sort of anti-afk bug that allows people to go around the AFK kick and get free IP/XP from the game, although that wouldn't work considering the game might end while they reconnect.

Either way this seems like a severe bug. In one game it appeared that it either stopped occuring, or the player fixed it somehow. I was playing in a game a while ago where the player had this problem (constant disconnect and reconnects) but half way through the game it stopped happening. Not sure why that was. Probably should have asked him, I stupidly forgot.

Either way this IS something Riot should look in to. From what I hear Riot is pretty responsive to email. You may want to try emailing them at: beta@riotgames.com

I think that's the right email at least. I don't think it's a big deal because this isn't an exploitable bug, but generally for bugs I would either email them, post it on the bug forums, or just do what you've already done.

YummyCheese

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

11-10-2009

Or here: support@riotgames.com
Honestly I'm not sure.

Lecthor

11-10-2009

A mate has exactly the same problem, please post here if you have anyhow fixed the problem

Zenkei

11-11-2009

In a strange way I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one this is happening to. I'll send Riot an e-mail after shamelessly bumping my own thread. I'll post back here if I hear anything about this.

Lecthor

11-15-2009

I just want to note: It seems like one of the recent patches has solved the problem.

ShadowPh0x

12-10-2009

I am experiencing something similar. I have been playing LoL since beta on my laptop running XP pro. Had no problems on the laptop ( with the exception of an occasional problem with my hotkeys not working at all) I just got my new $4k desktop running Win 7 Pro. Ever since i started playing on my new comp when I join games I get a discon right before the game starts and then every 1 min or so after i get back in. Im not sure what is causing it, my buddy is running it on win 7 and tho he has some grafix issues (hes running a GTX 295 tho, i have dual GTX 285s) he doesnt have any problems like this. He can play on my router and i can play on my laptop on my router but my desktop constantly produces this problem, and its driving me insane.

ChundyHagey

12-10-2009

This literally JUST happened to me , i've tried playing two games today, one was horribly plagued by lag but I played through and then this one where I got disconnected, tis not a good day for me. I'm not running on a powerhouse or anything but I next to NEVER have problems with LoL, on full graphical settings except when the network is having issues. This also hasn't happened to me since beta so I dunno, no LoL for me tonight I guess

ZGBudai

12-10-2009

Wrenchmen barely post here in GD.

You might want to re-post here:
http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...splay.php?f=15

accessoire

12-11-2009

Having the same problem now. To be honest I'm getting pissed right now. This game gives the impression to be final (Free download + shop), but it is still very Beta. I'm highly disappointed because I thought I'd be playing a game that's already released ... Please fix this problem fast ....