@Riot: Do some Champions dislike fighting certain others?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yousosmart

03-31-2011

This is something I've been rather puzzled about, so I thought I might as well ask.

For certain Champions, would there be certain match-ups where they would be... well, hesitant to fight another certain Champion?

As an example, I would imagine that Lux and Garen, being siblings, would not like having to fight one another in a League match, if circumstances pitted them against each other. And I doubt either one would find the prospect of having to face Jarvan IV in a battle to be appealing.

Or in another instance, say, Kennen having to fight Akali or Shen; though I'm sure their principles would dictate their actions, I doubt they would enjoy having to fight their comrades.

There could be other examples I could list, but I'd rather not go on and on at the moment.

Riot, do you think you could shed some light on the question?

Civilized Rat

03-31-2011

I can't believe you didn't mention the most recent brotherly relationship first.

But....I'm pretty sure Urgot hates fighting anything that smiles.

Nevrus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-31-2011

The champions forego their personal will on the Fields. Morgana and Kayle hate working together but they do it anyway- the summoners can feel their resentment. I'm sure it works the same the other way.

Gl1tch

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-31-2011

I've always wondered if certain teams should get "team bonuses". For instance, a small bonus to Shen, Akali, and Kennen for being an entire 3-person team. Similarly, if a third pirate were ever added, a bonus would be granted to a team of gangplank, Miss Fortune, and mystery third pirate. What about a shaco+fiddle+Nocturne team? An all void team?

But as far as hating to fight each other goes, I'd be interested to know why Garen would ever fight Xin Zhao.

TheGundamGuy

03-31-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0gl1tch0 View Post
I've always wondered if certain teams should get "team bonuses". For instance, a small bonus to Shen, Akali, and Kennen for being an entire 3-person team.
Yeah, Shen, Akali, and Kennen have a small bonus
it's called losing 1 health per other ninja on the same team

AeronX2

10-22-2013

Talon and Kat!

mxmlmn

10-23-2013

Well I figure they would just consider it like a sparring exercise. And since they know that at the end of the day they'll be ok, they have no reason to hold back. Summoning a giant sword to execute his sister is probably not Garens favorite thing in the world, but you have to have a pretty strong will to even become a champion (and I'm sure Lux will probably save a Final Spark for him next time).

Trylobyte

10-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Civilized Rat View Post
I can't believe you didn't mention the most recent brotherly relationship first.
Draven and Darius love fighting each other since they're both hyper-competitive alpha-male types and they know they'll be fine at the end of the day.

Champions I could see not liking fighting each other:
Viktor/Blitzcrank
Jarvan/Shyvana
Teemo/Tristana
Garen/Lux
Swain/LeBlanc
Ashe/Tryndamere
Malz/Kog/Cho/Kha
Irelia/Soraka

And Soraka just hates fighting anyone.

SchaakaKon

10-23-2013

I believe that, you the summoner, control the mind and body of said champion (lets say Garen) to fight against his sister Lux in a 1v1 mid match up of a commando machismo sunglasses death match. Lets say that Lux snipes Garen down, he revives and charges back to mid. Death in League isnt permanent, so Garen would come back in lane and more than likely say "My summoner is a n00b. GG" or "Good shot sis". Death is equivalent to getting a sac in football or winning a game of chess.

Chikra

10-23-2013

ashe and tyrandamere SO MANY FIGHTS AND MARITAL ISSUES SOLVED JUST IN AMATTER OF MOMENTS

i can imagine asking for private summosn to kick the snot out of eachother