won't auto attack after attacks

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Darkhydrox

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-09-2012

I had my own thread but missed this one stupidly... in any event I can easily reproduce the bug so perhaps this will be relevant to the reds looking into how to do it:

I chose to test on Vladimir because I just noticed it in-game with his E, tides of blood.

I was able to recreate the bug on demand by using the ability combo QE (transfusion into tides of blood). I sent my E key down almost instantly after my Q which causes (I believe) a spell queue as tides of blood casts directly after my Q animation.

In any event I was able to reproduce this every time by button mashing very fast with my QE combo. If it is of any relevance, I was smart casting all of my abilities as well.

I tried it on Akali and received same results. Mashing QE results in champion no longer attacking or moving.

Seems to me like an issue with the spell queue(?)

Edit: this would explain why people notice it in key moments/stressful situations... as that is when they are likely to mash their buttons much faster.

Transcention

08-09-2012

Definitely still happening to me with warwick.

Funnything is I play Xin Zhou A LOT. And I am not even sure I saw the problem at all with him.

Its possible it happened and I didnt notice.

Sagee Prime

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-09-2012

I'm still saying their is a bunch of fubar'd servers out their mixed in with the good ones that are jacking things up. Most of my games I don't have the problem but when i get a game where this happens it isn't subtle and it isn't just every once in a while, it is every single time I use an ability. Reconnecting doesn't fix it and it isn't caused by lag it is whatever server is running our game at the time that is messed up.

WarpedMonkey

08-10-2012

Please acknowledge

C00LST0RYBR0

08-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iniquitee View Post
Could you guys get me some r3d logs from the games where you encountered this issue? We're trying to reproduce it internally with the champions mentioned here, but not having nay luck yet...
This is very easy to simulate. I noticed it when jungling with Nocturn. When you use Q he wont attack the jungle creep afterwards. He just idles.

This is a major gameplay bug, and should be fixed immediately.

I suggest you check the code you change from last version of the game to the newest release, because this work fine until the most recent patch.

Bep0sitive

08-10-2012

happens with any champ after using ability click once ability stops auto

Sagee Prime

08-10-2012

why do I bother. I gave a pretty reasonable answer for why it's happening and why it is hard to reproduce and probably not reproduceable on a test server.

Transcention

08-11-2012

Yeh confirmed this happens with Xin Zhous ult as well.

WaterD103

08-12-2012

Same, sometimes I just Q a champ with WW , then he stands idle, Same with Graves after Q. Sometimes after you use ability have to inmediatly issue attack order or your champ will stand there idle.

D3210210

08-12-2012

My friend and I have both been having this issue with almost every champion.

We stop AA'ing our target the moment we cast an ability, almost like we're pressing the hold/stop key. It's cost me quite a few kills/duels in SR, Dom and PG so I don't think it's map or champion specific.

I'm from Australia, usually playing with around 250 ping, if that means anything to those trying to troubleshoot.