Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Do you think Battlecast Prime Chogath should be on sale for 975RP for the first week

Yes 473 75.32%
No 155 24.68%
Voters 628 .

Why I believe Battlecast Prime Chogath should be 50% off for the first week.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

dustyjuicebox

08-01-2012

I think a lot of us players were turned off by BC Cho being legendary and costing 1820RP. If you look at the reddit thread here (http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/xjjjl/battlecast_prime_chogath_sighted/) The top voted comment is how interest in the skin died when the price was announced. I propose that riot, like they did with PFE, make BC Cho on sale for the first week of its release.

"But that means Riot will make less money!" - Negative Nancy

Wrong! So very wrong Nancy. You see, having the skin on sale right away actually INCREASES revenue. Where do I get this rediculous idea you might ask? Why from Gabe Newell of course! An article (http://www.shacknews.com/article/57308/valve-left-4-dead-half) posted ages ago quoted Gaben stating that sales increased 3000% (!!!) when Left for Dead 2 was on sale for half off. In addition to that, during the steam holiday sale the sales of games went up 320% when they were half off.

So what does this mean to riot? Certainly they are not steam but the idea is still very much the same. When BC Cho was announced people wanted it, but the priced made demand drop a decent amount. Since the sale only lasts a week, riot will still get to have the normal legendary price on the skin but the incentive for the consumer to buy before it hits that price is so great that sales will increase. So Nancy as you see with this solution Riot can have its cake and eat it too.

Let Riot know you want this by upvoting and answering the poll.

Cheeto101

08-01-2012

As of now, Im not planning on buying Battlecast Prime Cho. If they made it half off for the first week, I would buy it day 1 for sure.

Tekshi

08-01-2012

It's probably going to be a theme and not a legendary so for the first week it would be 1650 or 75 or whatever the price was.

Matty857

08-01-2012

"Sit down and shut the f--- up Nancy!"

Was gonna' buy battle-cho when I thought it was 975, not going to now I know it is Legendary because I just don't play him enough.

But if they lowered the price for a short while, heck yes I would buy it.

Buk Wild

08-01-2012

Quote:
Tekshi:
It's probably going to be a theme and not a legendary so for the first week it would be 1650 or 75 or whatever the price was.

It's 1820 homeslice

dustyjuicebox

08-01-2012

Quote:
Tekshi:

Wrong Riot announced the price here. (http://na.leagueoflegends.com/news/battlecast-prime-cho%E2%80%99gath-sighted)

hightech

Recruiter

08-01-2012

Why I believe Battlecast Prime Chogath should be 50% off for the first week: If given the opportunity, I would rather pay less for something than more.

dustyjuicebox

08-01-2012

Quote:
hightech:
Why I believe Battlecast Prime Chogath should be 50% off for the first week: If given the opportunity, I would rather pay less for something than more.

And that is the basic economics that I hope Riot will use.

Systam

08-01-2012

it honestly might be a good thing for riot to consider doing. Even a 25% sale would increase the amount of people buying the skin alot

hightech

Recruiter

08-01-2012

Quote:
dustyjuicebox:
And that is the basic economics that I hope Riot will use.

For the same reason, I believe nothing in the store should cost more than a dollar's worth of RP.