Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

The "I'm sick and tired of Leaverbuster" thread

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheVioletMariner

08-01-2012

Yes, it exists for a good reason.
Yes, it's meant to be helpful.

But if we have an AFK tab for reporting to the tribunal, why does it exist?

This thread is for those who have been banned by Leaverbuster because of ...

Unintended disconnects
Circumstances beyond their control
Real life events
Or despite reconnecting in asap.

EXAMPLE TIME

I had to disconnect from pvp game due to real life events. (IE parents needing help with something.)
I was gone for approx 5-7 minutes.
I reconnected asap.
Though I was under leveled I still helped in any way I could and managed to do so.
The game was lost due to a surrender, the enemy team was far more coordinated and experienced.
As soon as the game was over, I received a notice saying that I had been banned for four days.

I'll be honest, this was not the first leave in recent time. But most were caused by similar events. Appointments I lost track of time towards and had to leave asap, parents needing me to handle things, so forth.

I dont expect riot to change anything. This is just a place for people who are pissed off for the same reason to share their infuriating experience. (Or go about arguing with me about how we need leaverbuster because you have nothing better to do. take your pick!)

I still don't see why the tribunal can't handle it.

Kenji The Engi

08-01-2012

You make a good point there is a big difference in having to leave because of something in real life, then just rage quiting. But how can we tell who has to go because of something they have to do and who is just trolling.

mechawhat

08-01-2012

It's there because ultimately leaving a game should come with a punishment. If someone only leaves games for a personal issue, then there's not even a need to be worried, because it should only happen rarely. If not, then consider playing a different game, because quite frankly your life is too busy for this one.

It's also probably the only reportable rule break the system can accurately keep track of on its own. Just consider a real report meaning that it annoyed a player enough that they actually bothered to report some one for it.

Cryswar

08-01-2012

Quote:
W0nd3rb0lt:

I'll be honest, this was not the first leave in recent time. But most were caused by similar events. Appointments I lost track of time towards and had to leave asap, parents needing me to handle things, so forth.

So... you have a history of leaving due to failures purely your own, and Leaverbuster, well, busted you on that?

I'm gonna have to say... working as intended.

The Nidalee

08-01-2012

Here's the deal, you're EXPECTED to make a commitment to the game. Things like your parents needing you for something are not actually reasonable excuses, and here's why: You can go to your parents before you start the game, say "Hey, I want to play a game, I will be at minimum 20 minutes and at maximum an hour. Can I start it up?" If they say they might need you for something, you don't start it up.

You can't leave games - if you're leaving more than one every hundred or two hundred games, you're doing something wrong. The only time leaving is "acceptable", is when it's ENTIRELY out of your control. We're talking power outages, hardware failure, and unexpected and unprecedented internet failure here. Obviously family emergencies also count. But this should not happen (and does not happen) frequently enough for Leaverbuster to take effect.

RoflMyPancakes

08-01-2012

Quote:
Kamina123124:
You make a good point there is a big difference in having to leave because of something in real life, then just rage quiting. But how can we tell who has to go because of something they have to do and who is just trolling.

There is no difference. If someone has so many rl obligations that it costs 9 other players 20-40 mins over and over, then they shouldn't be playing.

Ko Hakoo

08-01-2012

I'm postive that the leavebuster is a faster punishment than tribunal. Ideally you want the punishment to be immediately after the offense. An automated system for leaves makes 100% sense. There is no need for a jury here, it doesnt matter what circumstances there are.

The rare leave for emergencies and the like isnt going to get you banned.

TehMightyMidget

08-01-2012

Agreed!

TehMightyMidget

08-01-2012

bump4op

Uiraya

08-01-2012

Pretty much. I don't play when I can't commit ~50 minutes to a game and you shouldn't either. Nine other people are relying on you to stay in game.
~Uiru