Petition: Can you afford to buy BattleCast Cho'Gath at 1820 or 975

975rp sorry i aint rich 318 75.18%
1820rp 105 24.82%
Voters: 423. You may not vote on this poll

Petition: Would you Buy BattleCast Cho'Gath for 975 or 1820rp?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Armaldeus

08-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retsopmi View Post
No the logical thing would be to increase the quality of your work on ALL skins.

The reality is that it doesn't take any more "work" to make the better skins, just that they finally have the tech or better artist to make the skins.

It's greed that drives the price point up. Just like how they used to release champs at 3100 and 4800 but decided they want to be paid more for their work. So they only release at 6300 now. It's just greed. They try and wrap it with pretty excuses of more work but anyone doing anything in a business knows it's greed.
And they have been upping the quality of ALL skins. Look at the skins released with the new champions, my favourite example is Soul Reaver Draven. Now, that seems like a big overhaul, sure. BUT, you're forgetting the prices of getting the voice actors to be called back for a revisit of some lines(IF they do new lines, that is).

Greed or not, 975 for a complete overhaul of the champion, albeit aesthetically, is too little for this. I do agree on the whole... champion price thing though, but hey, that's what happens with a growing company. Payroll gets bigger, so you gotta compensate. They need to make a living too, after all.

Darklarik

08-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vercrius View Post
an extra 2-3 million people will not buy the skin, I guarantee it. You're taking the ratio from the poll too seriously. Do you seriously think AN EXTRA MILLION will even buy the skin for 975? Do you know how much 1 million people is? Not to mention that more than 1 million people will probably buy the skin at 1820 so there would be even a harder time for them to break even if they sell at 975.
I doubt a million people will buy it period. My point is that 3 times the amount of people will buy it for 975rp, which would amount to a lot more money than 1820

Lsatellizer

08-01-2012

this thread is irrelevant they wont change the price just because you guys say so

webbut

08-01-2012

Oh look more people picked the cheaper option]

These are shocking and unexpected results and I am glad that the OP made this post and opened my eyes to this.

Gandalftheegrey

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

08-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darklarik View Post
I doubt a million people will buy it period. My point is that 3 times the amount of people will buy it for 975rp, which would amount to a lot more money than 1820
Yeah I also doubt one million people will buy, more like five million.

Darklarik

08-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by superj2015 View Post
Yeah I also doubt one million people will buy, more like five million.
Is their a website that actually shows how many people buy specific skins? I was guessing more around 500,000 people would buy it period

pheim73

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-01-2012

I own Gentleman Cho'gath as well as Jurassic Cho'gath and I am still going to buy Battlecast Prime as soon as it's available. Cho'gath was the first champion that I ever played and was my main for a loooooooong time, and now, with all the big fixes for him, I am excited to get back to him with an amazing new skin. I mean cmon... his rupture is an explosion! I honestly wish that it was a theme though, I would love a robot themed summoner icon.

Midnight Firefox

08-02-2012

I personally think that for the first week or less they should discount it, then raise it back. People who are really Intrested will snatch it immediately and people who aren't, won't. Further more in the future people who want it can chase it.

Don't forget, whenever something new comes the biggest burst is the first appearance, then it slowly stabilizes. That's a fact. Hence the term, trends.

Darklarik

08-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Firefox View Post
I personally think that for the first week or less they should discount it, then raise it back. People who are really Intrested will snatch it immediately and people who aren't, won't. Further more in the future people who want it can chase it.

Don't forget, whenever something new comes the biggest burst is the first appearance, then it slowly stabilizes. That's a fact. Hence the term, trends.
Which is why its better at a lower price. More people will want to buy it right now that its coming out, instead, the ones who would have bought it at 975 will simply wait for another cheaper skin to come out to invest in it.

Terrorist Kirby

08-02-2012

this poll is stupid. naturally everyone is going to choose the cheaper price regardless of if they're willing to pay 1820 RP for it. your idea is bad and you should feel bad