Champion Revealed: Barn, The Sentient Barn

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MyNameIsDonovan

11-14-2012

Good morning Barnp

While we patiently await the arrival of a new/beautiful work of Barn art from Youmu, im going to beat a dead dog (figuratively, I love dogs).
So are there any complaints with making Hate Grab shield Barn, and when the shield breaks, it forces Barn the let go? (still keep to a min/max of 1/3).
The shield would be a good visual aid when trying to figure out how much more damage needs to be done to end Hate Grab.

It also give more development wiggle room. We could tone done Hate Grabs damage a bit, but increase the shield amount to make Barn more tanky. Or give it a decent HP ratio making items like Haunting Guise RoA, Rylai's better possible build items.

What do you guys think? Suggestions? Questions?

MyNameIsDonovan

11-14-2012

something like this

Hate Grab - RANGE: 275 - COOLDOWN: 14/12/10/8/6 - COST:30/40/50/60/70
-ACTIVE: Barn reaches out. If Barn's claw encounters and enemy, Barn begins to channel, snaring the enemy and shielding himself. While the shield is active, Barn deals physical damage every X seconds for the duration of Hate Grab. On hit effects apply. Lasts 3 Seconds.
-
PHYSICAL DAMAGE: 10/20/30/40/50(+ Total AD)
X SECONDS (130% of Attack Speed)
SHIELD
: 90/ 150/ 205/ 270/ 320(+ 5% Max HP)

Alphonsio

11-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsDonovan View Post
something like this

Hate Grab - RANGE: 275 - COOLDOWN: 14/12/10/8/6 - COST:30/40/50/60/70
-ACTIVE: Barn reaches out. If Barn's claw encounters and enemy, Barn begins to channel, snaring the enemy and shielding himself. While the shield is active, Barn deals physical damage every X seconds for the duration of Hate Grab. On hit effects apply. Lasts 3 Seconds.
-
PHYSICAL DAMAGE: 10/20/30/40/50(+ Total AD)
X SECONDS (130% of Attack Speed)
SHIELD
: 90/ 150/ 205/ 270/ 320(+ 5% Max HP)
Looks fairly nice. Going a more AD Bruiser sort of build will definitely aid both the damage and shield, while going very tanky can help ensure a full duration CC. I like it, though with that scaling on the shield I think the base stats could be a bit lower at higher levels. 300+ HP along with the bonus scaling with Health could make Barn completely unbreakable without forcing the enemy to over commit to hurting him just for the sake of saving an ally. I can see a lot of teams against a tank Barn just leaving the poor sap to keep their cooldowns, lol.

MyNameIsDonovan

11-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphonsio View Post
Looks fairly nice. Going a more AD Bruiser sort of build will definitely aid both the damage and shield, while going very tanky can help ensure a full duration CC. I like it, though with that scaling on the shield I think the base stats could be a bit lower at higher levels. 300+ HP along with the bonus scaling with Health could make Barn completely unbreakable without forcing the enemy to over commit to hurting him just for the sake of saving an ally. I can see a lot of teams against a tank Barn just leaving the poor sap to keep their cooldowns, lol.
You're definitely right. A tanky Barn could easily have a shield value around of 500, and with enough armor and MR might be too daunting. I want Barn to force suicidal rescue attempts from the enemy team, but I also want Hate Grab to feel rewarding when you land it. Maybe keep the base shield down 80 / 135 / 190 / 245 / 300, that way a late game barns shield would be in the 400s range. Forcing the enemy team to blow at least 1 good nuke and some basic attacks or a sometimes far too valuable disable.

MyNameIsDonovan

11-15-2012

Been a slow past couple of days for Barn. Im thinking I might need to draw some more art/make some changes to the OP to get some good bumps out there.
The word of Barn must be spread!

Laffarater

11-15-2012

Barn

Fallenour

11-15-2012

were at 235 thread pages REDS, why cant we have barn?

MyNameIsDonovan

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallenour View Post
were at 235 thread pages REDS, why cant we have barn?
235 pages, and close to 2300 upvotes! Its a shame Riot... a real shame

Philosopher Xys

11-16-2012

I can see it now Barn, the sentient barn vs the water champ nami lol

MyNameIsDonovan

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xysboy View Post
I can see it now Barn, the sentient barn vs the water champ nami lol
I think that Nami's fish would get fried...