@Riot: Question concerning the writing of "ecchi" stories on the forums

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Youso1337

10-30-2012

I am asking this now to avoid any possible violations of the forum rules, just to be safe. If what I am asking is not allowed on the forums, I will refrain from posting the stories here.

The forum Terms of Use say that posting of "sexually explicit" content on the forums is forbidden. However, I would like to know whether or not an "ecchi" story, one that has no nudity or explicit sexual content, but is sexually suggestive, would fall under that category.

The mini-stories I'm wanting to write are to be scenes of the League women in "sauna scenes", with a soft-core erotic angle to them. No nudity, and no actual s*x, but stuff that could come close. The idea is that it's meant to be fan-service stuff.

The problem to me is that fan-service is sort of a grey area when it comes to "sexually explicit" content. There's no real nudity, no real s*x, but the actions the characters will take clearly have a sexual connotation to them.

Note that I have not written anything yet for it, but I'd like to be clear as to whether or not the forums are the wrong place for them.

Yasako

10-30-2012

If you're worried about it, just post a link to external content with appropriate warnings attached. Is it really that hard to post something to ff.net?

Youso1337

10-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by mak556 View Post
If you're worried about it, just post a link to external content with appropriate warnings attached. Is it really that hard to post something to ff.net?
I've actually tried linking adult fics here before, and almost got banned for it, even when giving appropriate warnings. Guess I'll be playing it safe and just not posting them here.

Just to note, I've uploaded one chapter/oneshot of the fic onto Fanfiction.net, under the title of "Bathhouse of Legends". If you wish to make a link of it here, feel free to.

The Blue Jelly

10-30-2012

You could also put it on Deviant Art and merely give the title and your DA page... Hell, you don't even really have to say it's NSFW, as you likely mature-flagged it on DA so they wouldn't yell at you. Advantage to this is that it dodges the problem Youso had.

Personally I always thought linking to it on FFdotNet was what you were supposed to do, and you really didn't even have to warn people since League has a warning on external links that says that you are leaving their servers for somewhere else (basically a big "OUR ASS IS COVERED IN DIAMONDS. IT'S OUTRAGEOUS."), though it is considered common courtesy to warn people of said NSFW status.

But meh.

TryAndStunMe

10-31-2012

riot doesn't go on this forum, won't see this thread, and won't ban you, i don't understand how you can "almost get banned" for something no one saw

Yasako

10-31-2012

Yeah, the dA idea sounds good. In fact, if you're that worried, only link to your dA *profile* or *gallery* containing the content, so nothing's on your or Riot's hands.

Youso1337

10-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TryAndStunMe View Post
riot doesn't go on this forum, won't see this thread, and won't ban you, i don't understand how you can "almost get banned" for something no one saw
Past experience. Let's just leave it at that.

The Blue Jelly

10-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TryAndStunMe View Post
Actually this is just blatantly false; the reason Riot doesn't post almost anywhere often is simply because they don't want their employees endorsing anything.

Champ/Item Feedback the reasoning is clear; Riot employee takes a stance on a champion's or item's OP/UP status, champion/item doesn't get nerfed/buffed according with what they said. Cue "Scumbag Riot".

Here it's a little more subtle. Lore is Lore, and Riot likes how vague the lore is atm (otherwise they'd probably have refilled their lore team and not canceled the JoJ). I think they decided we were more cost-effective at it than them (mostly since we do it for free and the lore guys they still have are like ohgodchampionprofile every other week whether they're inspired or not). By not posting here, they completely dodge the chance for someone to assume they're endorsing something as canon.

As to why a Rioter didn't just pop up and answer this, they likely saw the answers already listed and thought "Yeah, that's about right".

Dorryza

11-01-2012

As long as it's not explicit s.ex, it should be fine. I mean seriously, look at some of the splashes out there- they practically have females thrust boobs out at you.

And yeah- endorsements would be why they can't post on particular threads (as shown by parrot coming in to one thread, and like 5 other people being like "BUTWTFBBQ").

basically, Riot reads, but does not post.

Cerubois

11-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorryza View Post
As long as it's not explicit s.ex, it should be fine. I mean seriously, look at some of the splashes out there- they practically have females thrust boobs out at you.

And yeah- endorsements would be why they can't post on particular threads (as shown by parrot coming in to one thread, and like 5 other people being like "BUTWTFBBQ").

basically, Riot reads, but does not post.
Sadly, also the reason 99% of our work will never show up in the Summoner Showcase.

Personally, I'd like to see Riot say "You know what? **** it. Let's put it in there because it deserves to be, and ignore any backlash like usual."

They're too inconsistent, which I think is the result of having so many departments that do their own thing. The lack of company-wide communication is apparent from all the Red posts that say "I don't know. Not my department. But I can check."