Creative Design AMA - Fiora, the Grand Duelist

First Riot Post
12345 ... 8
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Harrow

Associate Creative Designer

08-01-2012
1 of 7 Riot Posts

Hello Lore Forums!

Today I'll be taking questions about Fiora! If you've ever wanted to know more about this inimitable lady's personality, history or place in the world, ask away!

You should also check out kitae's post about these bio updates. And for your convenience, here's Fiora's new lore:

Quote:
Fiora, Demacia’s most notorious duelist, earned her fame with her sharp blade and sharper tongue. She boasts the refinement of an aristocratic upbringing, and a fierce devotion to the perfection of her craft. Having surpassed her peers at home, Fiora now seeks greater foes. She will settle for nothing less than the world’s acknowledgement of her mastery.

As the youngest child of House Laurent, a family known for its long line of elite duelists, Fiora considered herself destined for greatness. She longed to match the skill of her father, a legendary swordsman, and her talent quickly surpassed that of her siblings. Fiora’s peers perceived her confidence as arrogance, but she dismissed them, striving even harder to become a worthy successor to her father. Her devotion turned out to be misplaced. On the eve of an arranged duel, authorities caught Fiora’s father slipping a paralysis poison into his opponent’s drink. His treachery destroyed the family’s reputation, and Fiora’s own honor fell under question. Outraged and desperate to clear her name, she challenged her father to a duel. Though he fought with power and style, Fiora realized the man had long forgotten the discipline that defined a true duelist. She disarmed him, and with her blade to his chest, she demanded control of House Laurent. Her father surrendered, but even in victory, Fiora knew the shadow of doubt still tainted her reputation. Intent to seize her destiny, Fiora vows to surpass her father’s false legacy and prove that she is not only the greatest duelist in Demacia – but all of Valoran.

“I came here seeking a challenge—is this the best these fools can offer me?” – Fiora

StarkRavenMad

08-01-2012

Fiora comes across as a more "independent" Demacian than most. While I have no doubt she fights for her home, is she as blindly loyal, as the rest of the Demacian Champions?

Grand Viper

08-01-2012

Hokay, here's a question.

What is her opinion of Irelia? The current heir to the Hiten style, one of the most sought after blade arts in all of Runeterra. I'd imagine it'd be hard for Fiora to be cocky towards Irelia.

Blizzaja

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-01-2012

Has Fiora ever dueled against presumeably some of the best swords masters in the world; Irelia, Yi, Garren, etc?

She seems quite boastful, I'm just curious about how her skills actually back her up.

Jolan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-01-2012

Why choose this way to change Fiora's lore? In the previous incarnation, she joined the League to prove that she wasn't a Fake like her father, but this version only has her join to show how she's the best duelist ever (exaggerated on purpose).

Doesn't this make her even more arrogant and unlikeable? I'm not sure how to express myself, but the previous lore showed her as a girl whose perfect world was shattered and how she tries to rebuild it. That doesn't seem true right now, as she has overcome her moral obstacle by defeating her father and thus her previous goal of proving herself seems diminished compared to before.

Swippinfrafes

08-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolan View Post
Why choose this way to change Fiora's lore? In the previous incarnation, she joined the League to prove that she wasn't a Fake like her father, but this version only has her join to show how she's the best duelist ever (exaggerated on purpose).

Doesn't this make her even more arrogant and unlikeable? I'm not sure how to express myself, but the previous lore showed her as a girl whose perfect world was shattered and how she tries to rebuild it. That doesn't seem true right now, as she has overcome her moral obstacle by defeating her father and thus her previous goal of proving herself seems diminished compared to before.
To me at least, the League of Legends is above all, a competition. Whether matches have some political precedent or not, nearly every champion is in some way saying "I am the strongest/my kind is superior/I am unique".

08-01-2012

1.Why does she wants to be the greatest duelist so much ?
2.If its to show off ,what does she thinks about Draven than ?
3.Does she even have friends ?
4.What name her sword is possessing ? ?

Myrmidont

08-01-2012

How does one duel Jax?

If she were to plan on dueling Jax or Master Yi, how would she plan it?

When fiora draws Teemo with her sword is this a reference to IronStylus?

Traestus

08-01-2012

Seeing that Irelia's sword style has it's own name, does the sword style used by Fiora and her father have it's own name?

Edit: Yi also has his Wuju style of swordsmanship. So are named schools of sword fighting unique to Ionia as well or do the other city states have their own schools?

Melancholy Exile

08-01-2012

How talented actually was Fiora's father as a duellist?

The old lore heavily implied that he had an extensive trail of misdeeds, while this one seems happy to leave it at just the one. Was he actually worthy of the reputation he once held or not?

12345 ... 8