Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Creative Design AMA - Shyvana, the Half-Dragon

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheDeadGuyCG

08-02-2012

Something i have been missing for a while now, why have the League Judgements stopped? I feel that they gave the biggest insight on to how the champions felt about the league and their past hardships more than any of the lore background could. I like the way that you guys are remaking the lore to take on more of an aspect that the League Judgements had, but you have less story building space. I am an aspirant writer, and I applaud that you are revamping the lore to bring more of the character to the fore, so good job and keep up the good work.

Andymion

08-02-2012

Quote:
Cerubois:
Is a love interest in Jarvan totally canon? :3

I hope so

Aaydin

08-03-2012

It seems to me like Shyvana and Bruce Banner would hang out

Also, is the part of her old lore that stated her mother was Demacian hold true at all still? I know she doesn't know anything about her mother but it was fitting that she pledged her loyalty to Demacia because of her mother, I liked that.

Draykin

08-03-2012

Sad I missed this, so I'm hoping there'll be a little more answers.

Just incase they do a final pass:

What are the opinions of Shyvana outside of Demacia. I can't imagine Noxus is too thrilled that at any moment in a battle they could be assaulted by dragon fire.

Also for a not so serious question, what are her and Renektons' opinions on each other? Lizards of a scale... never... fail?

EliteFourWolfie

08-03-2012

Oh, I hope this isn't the end of the line for the AMA. This is all very interesting and I'd love to know more!

Shyvana's someone I've grown very attached to since her release, both as a champion and as a person (perhaps a little too attached. ). Sometimes I feel as though she always deserved someone to be close to and it makes me really happy that Jarvan IV was there in her time of need.

Reading all of your answers has really helped flesh out Shyvana's character even more and that really puts a smile on my face. Stepping away from Shyvana's inner self, however, will we ever get to see her without the helmet? It's easy to identify with her as is, but sometimes I just wish I could see more! Also, the plates on her thighs look as though they're scales. Are they really attached to her skin?

Finally, you said earlier that there could be a lot of story potential with her possible development in Demacia. Are you talking fan stories or will we see Shyvana and others again in future tales? Will Shyvana ever get an official League Judgement?

Leoric Wuju

08-04-2012

Dear Riot:

I like the Ironscale skin and i believe it's the only form Shyvanna can take and fit in the Demacian military----by taking the form of an iron-armored human. Is this theory correct?

Otherwise, how would the Demacians look at her? Won't they freak out, seeing someone so aesthetically different standing among their ranks?

RaptorJetpack

08-04-2012

I've never liked Shyvana's lore, because you basically took a strong woman, who was part dragon and turned her into a weak little girl who needed to be saved by a a Big strong man in shining armor.

This new lore is better but it still falls into that same trope. Also you never gave a real reason for that one specific drakes actions. You said she was hated by other dragons but they never attacked and tried to kill her like this one did. It just makes it hard to care.

Also, I've got to say that i hope Shyvana doesn't become a love interest for Jarvan, that would be terribly lame and predicable. "Knight in shining armor saves damsel in distress and they fall in love."

Ebonmaw Dragon

08-05-2012

Quote:
RiotRunaan:
Dragons don't care about science.

As Zaunite dragon, i care

Heart to Hart

08-05-2012

You mention that Shyvana met Jarvan towards the end of his fabled journey yet this strikes me as problematic Lore-wise for two reasons:

1) Jarvan supposedly only returned with two men in tow: no mention of Shyvana.
2) I believe his trip took him south of the Great Barrier while the Drake in question ran north. While I acknowledge that north may not mean north of the Barrier, I just thought to point it out regardless.

On a similar note: where exactly would one find dragons in Valoran? As reptiles of sorts, I'm assuming they're not going to be running rampant throughout Freljord, instead opting for the warmer climate of the Shurima Desert perhaps, but dragons are dragons :P

Finally, how does Shyvana view the other fury-based champs? (Tryndamere and Olaf as human ambassadors of anger and Renekton as the bestial representative of rage.)

funkymonkeee

08-06-2012

Hi RiotRunaan!

I found that Jarvan and Syvana's interactions were a little confusing in the lore.
To explain, what did she see in J4 when she met him that made her decide to go hunting/back with him and his group and what were J4's motivations for helping her apart from sympathy?
Because from the lore, J4 had gone on this quest due to his capture and failure in his "execution", and from my understanding he was soul searching for further direction.
How did Jarvan and Shyvana's goals entwine? Did J4 just want to kill big stuff or did he sympathise with Shyvana?

TLDR: What was Jarvan's reasons for sympathising with Shyvana?