Should I uninstall?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AlphariusRising

08-02-2012

So because you can't win rankeds you're going to stop playing? You can just play normals, and stop caring about whether or not you win or lose, and just play for funsies.

Rawrful

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-02-2012

I have a friend who is quite good (floats between 1800 and 1900) that mains support, and got to that Elo playing support. And has maintained it over ~500 games this season. It is easily possible to 'carry' games as support.

In all likelihoods you are actually a 900-1000ish Elo player, assuming you've played enough ranked games to actually get close to your real Elo. If you are recently 30, and have only played with a group of friends, it is entirely possible you have too high an opinion of yourself. Its all psychological- when you tag a number to a skill it makes you compare your number to others, rather than playing a normal game and thinking 'These people are about right.'

Syncroh

08-02-2012

My suggestion is, queue up with a partner who has higher elo, but not too high since the risk will be far greater then. This way you have atleast one competent player on your team, and if his elo was able to match you up with higher ranked people, you should atleast get players who aren't as bad as the ones you're playing with now. I had a long struggle to get bronze and I managed to do it by enabling my team as a jungler. Right now I'm in that vicious cycle of losing after getting higher, but I'm trying to sort out my mistakes and improve my game to carry even when your team is incompetent (really skilled players seem to win at low elos no matter how bad their team is).

Heretikus

08-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xogo View Post
1. Pick Alistar LIKE A BOSS
2. Call support Bot LIKE A BOSS
3. Buy wards Hp pot LIKE A BOSS
4. Ward LIKE A BOSS
5. Fail a lv1 Pulverize to make them think you suck LIKE A BOSS
6. Wait for lv 2 LIKE A BOSS
7. KNOCK *****ES UP! LIKE A BOSS
8. KS from ADC with Passive and AA LIKE A BOSS
9. Become a BOSS LIKE A BOSS
10. Nexus Tank Dive like a BOSS with Ultimate
11. Win like a person who picked Alistar, called bot support, bought wards and hp pots, warded, failed a lv1 pulverize to make the enemy think you suck, waited for lv2, knocked *****es up, KS from the ADC with your passive and AAs, bacame a BOSS, Nexus Tank Dived with Ultimate and Won like a person who picked Alistar, called bot support, bought wards and hp pots, warded, failed a lv1 pulverize to make the enemy think you suck, waited for lv2, knocked *****es up, KS from the ADC with your passive and AAs, bacame a BOSS, Nexus Tank Dived with Ultimate and Won all while being a...

BOSS!

Haha nice, I pick Alistar whenever I have to support if he hasn't been banned and I usually do pretty well. Alistars actually my most played champ, and I do play him like a BOSS. ****, now I really want to play Alistar. YOU GOT ME ALL HYPED UP BRO.

Heretikus

08-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pentakill Jones View Post
If I were you this is what I would do...

Find a team to play with. If you play with a team of people that know what they are doing you won't feel like such a loser and you will have a good Elo. The game is much more fun when not playing with random people anyway.
I do play with an awesome team actually. We're doing a tournament this Sunday as a matter of fact. Your team rating is separate from your solo rating however, so I don't feel comforted by that.

Mainlie

08-02-2012

Lol.. wow

Heretikus

08-02-2012

A few of you are telling me that I should stop caring about my rating and just play for fun. I DO play to have fun, that's the object of playing video games for me to begin with. However, with whatever I do, I want to excel at it. I think everyone has that urge to be good at something and they want some recognition to back that up, whether it be people praising your name or some stupid number next to your name. When I play, I play to win. I don't rage hardcore when I lose, I evaluate my mistakes and try to see what I can do to play better and increase my chances of winning. I'm not saying I'm a pro at this game, I've already discussed the things I need to work on. My problem is that I KNOW without a doubt, i'm better than the rating I have.

I feel like I should start recording my games and posting them here so you guys can see the throws I'm talking about. You seriously wouldn't believe it.

ragnaraq

08-02-2012

ಠ_ಠ I started out ranking with teammates that fed. And of course, they blame it all on other people. I'm just waiting for it to stop.

Cane Mint

08-02-2012

u gotta believe in yourself man. im in 1900+ bc i play support

Heretikus

08-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuavaMonday View Post
u gotta believe in yourself man. im in 1900+ bc i play support
Seriously?? O___O

I'm starting to be convinced to go back to playing support now. I have gotten a lot better at it since I stopped playing it. Hmm, now I'm wondering if i was actually part of the problem while I was playing support when I started solo queuing ranked. I had experience ahead of time playing ranked teams with friends though.

Maybe I sucked really bad at it and they never told me...