Should I uninstall?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Heretikus

08-01-2012

When I first started playing League of Legends, I had friends playing already. Naturally, we did what most friends do and played together. Since I was the least experienced player, they stuck me with support, which was fine. All through out leveling my account to 30, I played support almost 90% of the time, so I had little practice with other roles. When I started playing ranked games, I always opted for support, since it was what I knew best.

The Problem With That

Playing support, you're not able to "carry" the team to glorious victory, aside from making smart, decisive plays when possible, the end game result is largely dependent on laning phase (but not always, of course).

I began to lose a lot of games, so I decided, ALRIGHT, I'm learning new roles. I seemed to excel at AD Carry bot and a large majority of the time I go mid, I do really well. My jungle is a bit lacking, but I don't feed at least, and my top game is a little less than average. My ELO is currently sitting just under 900 and believe me, i'm not kidding you when I say that almost every team I end up on feeds or throws the game in extremely incompetent ways. This isn't a case of someone crying out that everyone they play with sucks and their amazing-yaddayaddayadda. I'm a pretty logical person, I know that I play decent to great in almost every game, yet I am stuck so far below where I feel my actual ranking should be and what my actual skill is.

So I Ask

Should I just uninstall this game and accept that there is no escape from this rating? Or should I basically tank my rating, playing countless numbers of games in hopes that the stars will align and I'll break out of this?
I'm starting to get very irritated, I end up playing bottom lane with supports who don't know how to support at all. They take my CS, they start with Dorans Ring and NEVER ward.

And why is that when I find what I think will be a good duo partner because they played well in one game, they play like total garbage the next?

Go ahead and grill me!

trackmaster

08-01-2012

You know supports can win the game right? I rode Sona support from 1050 to 1250 winning about 75% in a little over a week. AD carries would think they were safe with 200 health with my carry back farming. I could flash from the bush Q, power cord and they just died. Warding and team items helped alot and I could save my ult for the perfect time in a teamfight and we ace them.

Heretikus

08-01-2012

I'm very well versed in the ways of support man, I play with a couple ranked teams and it's all I play for them. I know a great support can definitely give champions the edge they need to win, whether it be an aoe stun, or just doing a great job keeping damage off your carries (among other things).

But these people I've had the displeasure of playing with...ward all you want, they don't watch the minimap, fallback ping all you want, they're not paying attention and get ganked. You initiate at the perfect time, they don't follow up. They attack champs with full health while they have half health (while not even fed). They farm bot in groups while baron is up mid/late game and/or attack when outnumbered.The list goes on and on...

Even an amazing support can't protect players from their own stupidity.

Vizzlepeez

08-01-2012

You do realize it will reset for Season 3 right? Just wait a couple months and u can see if you deserve to be higher

GameZombie

08-01-2012

keep trucking man. I was around the 800s myself about two weeks ago and im now up near 1150. My whole thing is be positive and just try to carry as hard as possible. Also I invested in a backpack and that made it loads easier to carry.

Zerakou

08-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizzlepeez View Post
You do realize it will reset for Season 3 right? Just wait a couple months and u can see if you deserve to be higher
This ^^^

Also it is almost impossible to carry as a support but as the adc/mid it is very possible to carry yourself into the high 1400's with almost no help from the team. It isn't possible to when every game out there but keep trying and get better yourself. You'll eventually get to a higher elo.

Heretikus

08-01-2012

Thank you guys for the feedback. You know, this is actually my first season at lvl 30 playing ranked, so I actually didn't realize it would reset after this season. I'm very glad to hear that actually!

Xentorx

08-01-2012

I got as low as 700 but with leona have gone up to 795 atm. I play smart and constantly CC the team so that they can actually kill something. If you find any good ADC when your supporting, then friend them and DUO Q. That too helps a ****load.

JRiMi

08-01-2012

I feel you. I tanked my elo pretty bad when I hit 30 BC I wasn't ready and now I'm excelling at the game but can't carry every win lol. I'm also around 800 and prefer mid but am decent at all roles so hopefully with this reset there's a possibility to climb. The problem is you get genuinely bad players and players who are tanking there elo like I did so its very hard to win.

Edit: Don't uninstall its still fun lol.

Vesares

08-01-2012

I was down to about 850 when I finally climbed my way back up to around 1100 miraculously, the starts did kind of align for me. I was getting into a lot of games where i didn't have to carry at all but rather play a mediocre laugh game. But once I got back to 1150 about a week ago, the gods smited me and gave me all those new kids that first start out and rank and back down to 950 I went.