DOTA2! OR LEAGUE OF LEGENDS!

DOTA 2 35 38.46%
LEAUGE OF LEGENDS 56 61.54%
Voters: 91. You may not vote on this poll

DOTA2 Vs LoL

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TenseiSan

08-01-2012

The 1v5ing Dota hypercarry is a myth. I just watched a competitive game where team with a Lycan with Abyssal Blade, BKB, Divine Rapier and Aegis lost against the clever coordination of an Enigma, Shadow Shaman and Dark Seer (All INT heroes).

Aircross

08-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TenseiSan View Post
The 1v5ing Dota hypercarry is a myth. I just watched a competitive game where team with a Lycan with Abyssal Blade, BKB, Divine Rapier and Aegis lost against the clever coordination of an Enigma, Shadow Shaman and Dark Seer (All INT heroes).
Yeah, I just saw that too, although common pub players will probably not have that kind of team coordination to pull it off.

It is doable though, so we should all strive towards it.

DemonPancake

08-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unimportant Me View Post
Please find the exact place where i insulted russians.

And you don't understand, some exploits are intentionally put in the game.

Also about being punihsed for learning. If i want to see if my lane enemy will beat me or not, i should have some exchange or fight at least once. In league, if you lose the fight, its ok now i know i should play cautious etc.

In dota if i lose the "test" fight/exchange i will never recover from the gold and exp loss. Terrible system.

Also, there is no surrender vote. Someone has to be punished in order for the team to be able to "surrender"
You seem to misunderstand - if the "exploits" are in the game intentionally, they are not exploits. But I am bored, so please give me some examples of these so-called "exploits."

OP, you should be ashamed of yourself for making this thread. What do you think the results of a DotA2 vs. LoL poll in the official League of Legends forum would be? The majority of the people in this thread have never played DotA2, as you might be able to tell from their posts. (including the guy I quoted) The results are predictable, of course people will vote for LoL.

My personal preference is clear. I played DotA1 for several years before quitting around the time that the LoL beta came out because I was frustrated with the game. I played LoL for around six or seven months until I realized I was not having any fun at all. Getting a kill was not satisfying at all, all the heroes played pretty much exactly the same, and the runes/masteries were just a colossal waste of time. The game should be decided by what you do in the match, not by outside factors. I quit shortly thereafter and did not play any MOBA type games for the next 2 and a half years until the DotA2 beta came out. I've been playing DotA2 for several months now, and it is by far the best "MOBA" type game I've played. (I also tried HoN for about a month after I quit DotA1, but the color palette and the amount of bloom on everything annoyed me too much.)

I think that a valid analogy would be LoL is to DotA2 as checkers is to chess. Chess is an infinitely more complicated game than checkers, and I don't think anyone would argue that it is not the better game. However, it is quite acceptable to say that checkers is a more enjoyable game - I myself can't play chess for my life (I am not implying that LoL players can't play DotA, this is just my experience with chess), and I enjoy checkers much more than chess. I understand the viewpoint of some of the LoL players in preferring the less complicated game, but I don't think that it is debatable that DotA2 is simply the better game. If anyone's wondering, SC2 is the "Go" of this analogy, as Go is even more complicated than chess.

Edit: Aircross posted a very good reply to some of the criticisms that some of the people have brought up on the previous page of this thread. I'd type my own responses up, but they would not be nearly as eloquent, so I would recommend OP and the guy I quoted to read over some of his post.

Death1015

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-03-2012

TO that aircross guy:
It seems that you know what you're talking about... until we see that you do not have a ranked badge... (neither do I, but that's not the point). Is it because you are failing your games that you quit? Or is it merely because you have only played season 2 and cannot judge because you have played too short of a time?
Either way, it seems really fishy that someone who "enjoyed" and "played ranked" LOL would suddenly get tired of it and switch to Dota, which is far more unfair and unbalanced. I have the feeling that you just didn't like your teams. Play premades to have ultimate fun in this game. That's the whole point.

GankosaurusRexx

08-23-2012

well i've played almost 400 hours of dota 2, 377 to be exact, and have played league for over a year and a half. In my opinion LoL is a much funner game. In DoTA at the start your main goal is to last hit and deny creeps. while LoL is more about harassing and denying your enemy out of the lane while maintaining last hitting, giving it a much more tactical and rewarding feel than dota which is basically who can click faster. I really like the large itemization of DoTA, but as we know LoL is working towards building more items. LoL is much more forgiving if your teammate feeds, while DoTA if a lane feeds the game is basically over if your playing pub. Also the champions on LoL are very very balanced. everything has a counter, while in dota the strong champs win. Theres also a lot of polishing DoTA needs to do to the game to make it feel clean and really pop. So my vote goes to LoL. You can say im wrong all you want but you probably don't have the amount of experience ive had in both games. Because of this thread im reinstalling DoTA to see if anything has changed after uninstalling it after returning to league and realizing how much more fun it actually is. I really WANTED to like DoTA more but even trying to force it I couldn't seem to do that.

Edit: I also bashed LoL a bit for stealing some of the heroes from DoTA and turning them into champs on league, but honestly, league did it better.

Dotislav Pro

10-05-2012

Dota is not for everyone ^^. U need years to learn to play basics of dota and to become a normal player. Requires thinking more then lol dose, better last hitting / deny-ing. Knowing every hero is crucial because they are so unique and u may end up being dead if u underestimate some of them like the two-headed monster or real troll and many more (all) . If u become really good in dota u might be able to win game alone and its pretty fun to be able to carry urself. Learning dota requires time and desire, fresh player's soul that is eager to learn and have real fun in it. Good Luck .

aCrAzYmAnWAlking

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperor Seth View Post
I had good memories from DotA so I tried DotA2

Couldn't play for too long, the characters are slow to respond even if your ping is low, the imbalances are still there and they are huge, kills don't "feel" good, champion taunts can get annoying and most importantly, the camera is glued to the ground, max zoom out is still horrible.

I'll give it some time before I try it again.

On the brighter side, the community seemed much better, then again, it's hard to get worse than ours.
The characters have a turn rate. When you want to turn you are like ZING I just turned? No, you take your time! Imbalances don't exist for someone who knows the game (and I mean just basic knowledge, I'm playing it for 1.5 months and I don't find it IMBA anymore. Kills feel good, but if you have no farm forget about winning. *HERO* taunts are great interactions and reffering to the other heroes ONLY, not to the players. The camera, as someone else stated is more zoomed-out than LoL, you find it too zoomed-in because the map in Dota 2 is bigger than LoL's map and some abilities have larger AoE.

That's my 2 cents

JediMindaugas

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by GankosaurusRexx View Post
well i've played almost 400 hours of dota 2, 377 to be exact, and have played league for over a year and a half. In my opinion LoL is a much funner game. In DoTA at the start your main goal is to last hit and deny creeps. while LoL is more about harassing and denying your enemy out of the lane while maintaining last hitting, giving it a much more tactical and rewarding feel than dota which is basically who can click faster. I really like the large itemization of DoTA, but as we know LoL is working towards building more items. LoL is much more forgiving if your teammate feeds, while DoTA if a lane feeds the game is basically over if your playing pub. Also the champions on LoL are very very balanced. everything has a counter, while in dota the strong champs win. Theres also a lot of polishing DoTA needs to do to the game to make it feel clean and really pop. So my vote goes to LoL. You can say im wrong all you want but you probably don't have the amount of experience ive had in both games. Because of this thread im reinstalling DoTA to see if anything has changed after uninstalling it after returning to league and realizing how much more fun it actually is. I really WANTED to like DoTA more but even trying to force it I couldn't seem to do that.

Edit: I also bashed LoL a bit for stealing some of the heroes from DoTA and turning them into champs on league, but honestly, league did it better.
Perfect arguments.
Just completely opposite.
Quote:
In DoTA at the start your main goal is to last hit and deny creeps. while LoL is more about harassing and denying your enemy out of the lane while maintaining last hitting, giving it a much more tactical and rewarding feel
What have thou been smoking? Why can't thee harass in Dota(2)? It is completely possible to deny thy opponents by not only pushing them away, but also continuously denying thy own creeps to keep them from reaching the enemy towers even longer. Thou have MORE options on what to do in Dota(2). In LoL, If both sides are even, the support will find himself staying in the bushes doing nothing but keeping watch on his carry in case the opponents decide to take the initiative.
Quote:
than dota which is basically who can click faster.
BS. Is is about timing and knowing the animations.
Quote:
I really like the large itemization of DoTA, but as we know LoL is working towards building more items
Riot is doing a good job giving more options to counter healing no matter what role thou play. That is all there wilt ever be.
Quote:
LoL is much more forgiving if your teammate feeds, while DoTA if a lane feeds the game is basically over if your playing pub.
Feed top Irelia 5/0 while having 5/2 bot in thine favor. Dota(2) usually gives more fighting chance due to the Hero's nature.
Quote:
Also the champions on LoL are very very balanced. everything has a counter, while in dota the strong champs win.
One of the biggest bulls***s I have ever heard!
The balance in LoL comes from every champion being very similar. Thou will usually counter his ROLE, not the champion himself!
And thee claim that Dota(2) is not balanced? Common misconception about the idea of balance in Dota(2). The Heroes are meant to dominate specific gaming stages. You will get your ass beaten by nukers early on, but most of them do not scale! You think a Hero is too good at something? Well then he lacks something in other areas. That's idea of balance in Dota(2): Heroes peak at different stages and everything has a counter! Thou hear me? Not LoL, but DOTA has this quality. Please tell me how you counter champions.

Yummy Blueberry

10-06-2012

Dota 2 is better because I've never played it.

aCrAzYmAnWAlking

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperor Seth View Post
May look that way but it really isn't, you can see over 50% of the botlane in LoL, Dota2 camer a won't even let you see the entire midlane, and the turrets are almost glued to eachother
Dota's map has at least twice of LoL's map.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterTerranort View Post
"once a team has the lead its impossible to stop them"

False
You're right!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kessan View Post
yeh that greatly annoyed me sometimes and the fog of war is really annoying. Im not trying to make anyone hate DOTA2 i want peoples valid honest opinions on it because it just seemed very unbalanced and complicated for no reason. i was actually looking foward to giving it a try but i was heavily dissapointed
Man I'm sorry to tell you but you seem brainwashed. I can't see how the fog of war is annoying but I don't care... Unbalanced? The game is absolutely balanced if you know what you're doing, you played maybe 5 games, got stomped and you call it imbalanced? Come on, go back to the days that you thought that Morde players were hacking and Yi was an OP Non-CCable son of a *****... Look at how many underpowered and underplayed champs LoL has (this is also a balance issue believe it or not), how many trash tier items and Riot stated that they will look this in S3 for God's sake, while a person himself makes balance changes/remakes to almost every hero/item every 2-3 months in Dota (2). It's not complicated man. Just play 50 games and you will realise that... I'm pretty sure that you haven't even set key bindings, having to press . to open the shops (you obviously click on them since you didn't know that) and Key pad 7,8,9,4,5,6 to activate items (you obviously also didn't know that, but even if you had your own bindings I'm not sure you would ever use any item, that's what my best friend does). You don't know about Glyph but you are asking yourself why your tower was destroyed the second you were tping there (if you know about TP scrolls! )
Quote:
Originally Posted by kessan View Post
that denying thing was so annoying if you were playing a slower champion or a caster type against someone who is more melee or ad ranged he would just kill all ur **** when u go to take it leaving you without xp and gold and when you try to deny its almost impossible to do and in about 30 seconds hes got 2 lvls on you and double your gold :/
If he is denying his creeps, deny yours. Nobody has the movement speed and attack speed to quickly target your creep after he kills yours. If you can't even do that then harass him since you're ranged. If you can't lane against someone tell one of your allies to switch lanes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unimportant Me View Post
Also about being punihsed for learning. If i want to see if my lane enemy will beat me or not, i should have some exchange or fight at least once. In league, if you lose the fight, its ok now i know i should play cautious etc.

In dota if i lose the "test" fight/exchange i will never recover from the gold and exp loss. Terrible system.

Also, there is no surrender vote. Someone has to be punished in order for the team to be able to "surrender"
Are you some kind of rare idiot humanoid? If you get killed in LoL it's fine you can hug turret, you learnt sth from your mistake but if you die in Dota it's gg? Last time I played Dota I'm pretty sure my tower was there to protect me after getting killed and with the proper creep attacks I managed my lane not to get pushed and get the same level with my opponent.

Dota players have voted in their Dev blog that they don't want a surrender/forfeit/concede option and I find it cool since comebacks happen either you believe it or not..
Quote:
Originally Posted by GankosaurusRexx View Post

From your post I see that not only you suck at Dota (more than me -.-) but also at LoL. Dota is about denying/last hitting the first 5 minutes and then action starts (sometimes earlier). Ganks start happening, kills getting earned etc. LoL has a farmville type of laning phase with the only ganks coming from the jungler (if he isn't a d*ck). What are you talking about when saying that LoL focuses more towards building more items? You mean that items are cheaper, easier to build? How does that even counter the fact that Dota has more than twice the activable items, with actives that give more depth to the game, not just generic dmg/slow active. Comebacks in Dota happen believe me. I'm sure you haven't had one yourself, but I'm also sure that in some of your games the opponents made a comeback but you don't remember it (if you ever owned them so they can make a comeback -.-). In LoL everything has a counter while in Dota the strong heroes win? Listen to your brainwashers man. If something from all these things that Morello says is truth, it's that every hero in Dota has a counter hero (plus you can hard counter heroes with your build, not just your hero). Of course, Morello uses is that as a poor excuse for Riot having pay-2-play champions system which is dump, but it's his only good point about Dota. Tell us what you want to get polished in a game that's still in BETA and we will FTFY So you encourage Riot to steal more heroes and make them champs? Wow man... I see everyone telling Riot to make sth like Invoker, but I really really dont want it. I am bored of Riot either copying older champs and making newer ones, or copying Dota's heroes and making champions. And no, they don't do it better. Believe me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yummy Blueberry View Post
Dota 2 is better because I've never played it.
lol :3