Ranked Team Champ selection order?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kofemocha

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-01-2012

i started a ranked team with my friends recently (our elo are just around 1200)
after few games played, we are confused about the champs selection order

we know that the one who start the invite will be the one who pick first, but how is the order of other team member decided?

our top laner always need to pick second, and our mid need to pick third....this cost us some games because our top and mid got countered as we don't have all champs to do the switching

any thing i can do to change the champs selection order?

thanks!

Chenobi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-01-2012

1st pick : support/jungler
2nd pick: support/jungler
3rd pick: AD carry
4th pick: mid/top
5th pick: mid/top

MrMediumFries

08-01-2012

its in order of ELO in ranked im pretty sure, thats for solo/duo, in ranked 5's and normals its your whole team captain gains leader chance from whole team. If you understand lol.
EDIT: Lol didnt even post on something relevant!

AuMG Vanir

08-01-2012

What we did in our ranked team was get everyone to buy the core champions of every other player, that way we can do swaps for every role 90% of the time.

ADC SENPAl

08-01-2012

If you guys have all the champions and can trade with each other, then obviously it wouldn't matter. However, if you don't have all the champs then you would want your jungler/ad/or support first. If you are after a really popular pick however, in some cases you see a team like "TSM" for example first pick karthus for reginald because they want to get that champion and Regi feels safe playing karthus vs any lane. But for the most part you will want your mid as 4th pick and top as last pick.

Kofemocha

08-01-2012

thanks for answering~~

but maybe i made you guys confused on my question~
i try to make it more clear~

say my team have 5 guys: A, B, C, D, E

every time, when C invite us, our picking order will be: C, E, D, A, B

no matter how our solo queue elo change, our order is always C, E, D, A, B

but say if D invite us, the order is changed, like D, A, C, B, E, but this order don't change unless other guy invite

what confuse me was how to change the picking order to, like C, D, B, A, E?

hope i make this more clear this time~

thanks!!!

ConanOfCimmeria

08-08-2012

This is from http://competitive.na.leagueoflegend...two-FAQ#twelve

What determines the ban and pick order of my team?

In Solo/Duo Queue competition, the highest rated player on each team will always be given the privilege of choosing the bans and picking first. The remainder of the pick order is randomly constructed by the matchmaking system.

In team play, the organizing player will choose bans and pick first. The other players will pick in the order that they were invited to the group. In this way, the organizing player of a given play session is always able to tailor the picking order to their liking.

zedest

09-05-2012

Game invite = 1st, the rest goes in order of ammount of champions you have from high to low.

zedest

09-05-2012

OK -1 me, try it idiot, we've just tested it with multiple people and its right.