How do you beat a tryndamere with an olaf?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wahahahaha

07-31-2012

I must be a noob or something, but google tells me that olaf beats tryndamere, but I cant beat a tryndamere with olaf. It gets even worse when he gets his ult. What should I do as olaf to beat trynd?

thepantsparty

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-31-2012

hit him with your axes very hard

IKillButerflies

07-31-2012

Well, before I say anything, this is where I come from. I play Olaf as a jungler, so my experience in fighting him is not the balance of trade a top lane experiences but the fights to the death that happen in ganks and teamfights.

When covering top lane though, I usually chuck a few axes to get him about 3/4 to 1/2 down and then go in for the kill, moving to pick up my axe for more throws in between swings. You've got the burst to crush him. Post-6 its about getting him low and then a few second kite while his ult is up before going in for the final blow.

Later on in the game, you should have a warmogs and some armor, so unless he is insanely fed he should not be able to beat your output if you're picking up your axes along the way.

Wont always get the kill, but you'll make him use his ult and run away.

If he has just eaten your team alive and is fed like crazy... well same rules apply for any squishy who is stupid fed. Stuns first, and cross your fingers. Hope this helps a bit.

my10inchshlong

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-31-2012

Ok so i main Olaf and my friend mains trynd, so i have a lot of practice with this. Early game, toss out axes like a madman and harass him down.His spinning slash isnt far enough to reach you. Once you hit level 3, go Q, E, W, and AA. your W sustain is moreconsistent and lasts longer than his Q heal. Mid game, start stacking health and armor. Dont even bother with dmg, go straight tank. Olaf does great dmg w/o dmg items anyway. Id say you main core items are warmogs and thornmail. Late game, you should just have so much freakin health and armor that any armor pen shouldnt even matter. Also,your ulti give you a ton of armor, and negates his only slow.Also,whatever you do, dont let him get an early kill, cause he snowballs really, really well. So if you engage, make sure you can either get the kill or at least escape w/o dying.

acosn

07-31-2012

Farm. Buy some armor. Get some survivability (EG: Even just a freaking philo stone)

If he tries to last hit, slam him with your true damage.
If he tries to trade, do it some more.
If he stays around, pop your AD + LS steroid.
If he tries to run, or stay on the fringe chuck your axes.

BloodraiderX

08-01-2012

like the above guy said. Poke with ur axes like a mad man, you should be OOM and he should be 33% hp! yeah i know olaf op anyways. at that point he will cower like a baby. just wait push your lane to tower. let tower deny CS. go back and by get armor and life steal.
just gotta play very smart.

If you miss axe, he will spin in and might crit and your screwed so lol. best be sporting some flat armor yellow =)