Champion Bio Updates

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Iron Ambássador

08-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isysar View Post

You did a **** fine job of this with Varus. That was a GREAT League Judgment, still one of my favorites. And then you stopped doing them and I was furious, maybe even relentless actually (+1 if you get that reference. . . ).
About this part... that judgment was not Riot's work. It was made by Penny Arcade as was stated right above the Judgment. I don't think we've had a Riot made Judgement since Graves.

LisandroMRT

08-03-2012

@kitae

I want to know if will be there "Champion Bios" of "Malzahar & Kassadin" What did hapend to the daughter of kassadin :|

->i think void "Creatures & Humans" are undervalued

->Nasus & Renekton

->Darius & Draven

that 3 i think are the must need "to do"

McDestiny

08-03-2012

So glad to see this. Lore is one of those things that really makes this game more fun and interesting than the other MOBAs.

Wickian

08-05-2012

I'd like to see an addition to Bio's where there is an additional paragraph or two(or maybe even just an unordered list) of their relationship status with those they consider friends/enemies/romance options.

Also, Lulu needs a friend, Amumu needs a friend, Veiger needs to become less insane and/or incompetent, hint hint.

EpicLotus

08-05-2012

One thing i´d like to point out.

I think Riot missed a good oportunity on Shyvana´s lore. IMO it would make more sense to make Jarvan HUNT Shyvana, and have her accepted in Noxus, where people don´t care about apearance and pretty much anything else but power.

I mean the Prince is a Dragon Slayer, why not have him as the guy that killed her father? It would also make Demacians looked as the "bad guys" for a change.

JoBiden

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-07-2012

I believe this may be a good place to reference this thread...

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...php?t=1832577&

One of the best ideas for additional lore that I've seen

kaaldra

08-10-2012

Why are you so content with simply deleting lore?

Katárina

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-10-2012

Kitae (Kitteh), I think that a lot of the new lore you and the others have come up with has been great... Fiora's I like. But this new take on the Sinister Blade, Katarina... is just stupid. Please talk to them about this.

Eserine

08-10-2012

Quote:
To help ground champions further, many champions who were previously summoned from afar will now have closer ties to Valoran.
Ground champions further how? I disagree with this new policy and also what has been proposed for the Katarina lore. I found the multiple world conceit and somewhat unique and interesting in the fantasy setting, and it went far to explain how the Rune Wars could have taken place in the past between the humans to such a degree without the Rock people, manimals, or angels becoming involved, and also the importance of the League itself in attracting disparate types of people.

Much of the new lore since Wukong just walked out of a forest has not been well received at all by players, what basis do you have for thinking that the lore has been more popular or better during the great silence when suddenly all the lore stopped?

There have certainly been champions with bad early lore like Evelyn and Mordekaiser (and too many siblings), but for each of these in the old stories you have created awful stories for a majority of newer champions in Season 2. Implicit in your comments is the suggestion that you somehow plan to begin expanding the storytelling capacity again in a new format, that other Riot members on the forums in the past have described as "awesome" (so hopefully it will be better and more coherent than La La La Demacia), but you seem to be taking out the "specialness" of what has been established as a complex and interesting system, and in its place you leave us with an incredibly formulaic and badly-written slurry of D-grade young adult sword and wizard pulp in order to generalize translation to a wider international audience, who will also not like it because it is really bad.

I have known gamers so inspired by a Japanese videogame that they learn the entire language just to appreciate the subtleties of the fascinating storyline, the work has changed their life forever. Here in LoL players learning English will be left for their efforts with something of the quality of an inept, bland, and painfully composed Christopher Paolini novella, embodying everything that is wrong with the fantasy genre and the anti-intellectualism of our modern global society.

Brycerras

08-10-2012

I dont read the lore much, but to be frankly honest, the old lore Katarina is a more interseting character. This new lore seems to be generic with no nuances or subtleties taht add to her character. Further more, this new lore doesnt fit her image and how most of the consumers have viewed this champ.

Also, why in the first place did the lore ahve to be changed? Once you answer this, maybe itll clear up why the directoin was changed. But as it stands, this lore change with no actual explaination to why it had to be done suggests that someone or some people with power up high (or investors) didnt like how Kat was and *****ed and moaned until tehy got their way, unlike listening to the actual consumer base. However even with that all said, the NA consumer base is not the whole consumer base. Is this changed supported by all the other markets?