Champion Bio Updates

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Liath

08-01-2012

Great to hear from you! I hope you are the start of something as profitable for us, you and your company as the Art Department has proven to be ( and I think you will be ).

KeberYue

08-01-2012

I think Ahri's Bio is one of Lol best Champion Bio.

It tells exactly a bit of her back story, the event's that happened in between, her goals and how she stumbled upon the league.

Trundle, despite being unpopular has a really great Bio too, altough we could know a bit more about him and less about the village and the necromancer in there.

Hazdoc

08-01-2012

I'm just hoping the inconsistencies between Nasus' lore and Renekton's lore are fixed. Nasus' lore describes Renekton as a traitor and leader of an army, while Renekton's describes himself as a gatekeeper gone mad, with no description of him rallying an army or anything.

Gen Doukeshi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-01-2012

Some of us don't check the forums, or at least the lore forums, all that often. Would it be possible to alert the community at large in a bigger way when this happens?

For example, if these will be rolling out with patches, could we have it mentioned in the patch notes?

Dahila

08-01-2012

I don't think all of the lore rewrites would be a good idea seeing that there are some roleplayers who grown their characters to fit the personality holes that were filled with creativity. By doing some changes, it could just suddenly change everything for that one character and the person behind it who studied it and shaped it.

It just seems a bit better to just leave the lore as is because it makes it more fun for those who read to be able to imagine what could have happened. I just hope you don't do so much of a drastic change that the champion would not be what they were when they were originally.

Some examples would be like some of the league of legends askblogs/rpblogs like:
http://askriven-theexile.tumblr.com - Riven
http://asktalon.tumblr.com - Talon(especially with the 2nd diary entry)
http://askthedarkchild.tumblr.com - Annie
http://datkass.tumblr.com - Kassadin
http://askwarwick.tumblr.com - Warwick
http://ask-singed.tumblr.com - Singed
http://ask-ashe.tumblr.com - Ashe

bahamutkaiser

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-01-2012

Very impressed, I've said for a long time that the league judgements were ****, many of them just compromise the impression of the character... I'm glad to see some deviation and look forward to some compelling lore and stories, they may well become a new foundation of interest and appeal for League of Legends, beyond the actual game.

Other suggestions... Perhaps brief comics depicting certain encounters, events, history, or background of Runeterra would be a good addition. You have an art team, and I imagine they arn't as preoccupied with drawing as the in game renderers and programers. Perhaps you can tell Iron Stylus to take a break from Leona costume concepts and put him on brief comic shorts for characters... You can tell him to do Leona first, that should be compelling enough :P

OmegaPhilosopher

08-01-2012

not gonna lie, this is my favourite post ever. Ask any one of my friends and they will tell you that all i have ever wanted is for characters to actually link together in the world and make sense as individuals rather than being warriors and nothing else. thank you x 1000

Tserrof2

08-01-2012

I for one was actually really digging the loyalty to finding the General, I always imagined Talon as DuCotaues version of Darius for Swain. And I Had hoped you guys were going to have a huge power struggle between Swain and DuCutuae (Sorry cant spell that name) with Talon and Darius as thier respective "black knights". In the character it seems like next to noone would have the ability or bravery or neck thick enough to stop Darius...but every bit of armor has its weak points. I saw a good battle between Charisma, stealth, cunning, and precision against Blind Devotion, Magical skill, tactics and foresight between the two of them.

Bonsant

08-02-2012

wondering if Vayne's lore is up sometime soon. I think she has great lore in general, but a few small changes could make it better. The whole "old hag killed daddy" thing is a little cliche and lame. Frankly, I like that vayne's lore seems more dark and adult-suited, but the presence of a disney-type villain (witch) makes it really lame. I honestly think that if it were changed to something else, possibly that her family were sacrificed by an underground cult in demacia?
First of all, this would be less cheesy than a mean ol' witch who just simply 'took interest' in the Vayne family. Secondly, it gives more of a sense that a girl from demacia has a reason to be purging darkness, because it would show that there is plenty of evil lurking around even the most righteous of places. And third, that opens up for more interest lore and champion concepts around the idea of underground cultists and a greater evil. I think the idea that vayne destroyed what was on the surface but still is yet to find the evil creatures that are hidden gives her more reason to continue fighting.

Also, the whole "joining the league to destroy the league" is a little silly. I like that she is zealous, and that she would hate champions like cho'gath and malzahar, but I think a different angle can be taken.

All this being said, The whole Batman/Van Helsing relation has to stay.

Isysar

08-02-2012

I really want to see something like the League Judgment put back on.

I don't need that format, and I could even do without the physical description of them (though I like that), but what I REALLY enjoyed about them was the Reflections; a deep look into a complicated/emotional/pivotal moment in the champion's past.

I thought these were honestly really **** effective. I've read every single one. I was a pretty staunch DotA player, and honestly, what drew me to League of Legends over HoN or DotA 2 initially was honestly those League Judgments. I started played the week after Xin Zhao was released. I read his judgment and thought "****! This is really cool! Riot really cares about this world and their characters instead of just giving you a super brief summary of the champion in a tooltip."

I was fricking overjoyed to discover the journal of justice. This cemeted LoL as my MobA of choice. Honestly, I really came initially for the Lore. I stayed for the balance, diversity of champions, well made champions and the gameplay of the game, but the Lore drew me in and hooked me.

And you guys killed that. I'm pretty pissed tbh, and still am.

I'm happy you're rebuilding and actually seem to care about the Lore again, but. . .I hope you stay committed and do it right. Give us insights into their past, their lives and their character.

You did a **** fine job of this with Varus. That was a GREAT League Judgment, still one of my favorites. And then you stopped doing them and I was furious, maybe even relentless actually (+1 if you get that reference. . . ).

So #1; give us that back.

#2: BRING. BACK. SOMETHING. AKIN. TO. THE. JOURNAL. OF. JUSTICE.

I'm just a scrub player, and a poor lazy unmotivated English major, so my opinion means very little, but I cannot fathom why the bloody hell you got rid of the Journal of Justice. I really can't. Yes, it's a niche interest; fact is, lots of people don't want to read walls of text. But they were dang good walls of text. They interacted with the community. The breathed actual LIFE in the world of Valoran that we can't see or experience outside of the Fields of Justice. Those were comical, insightful, informational, offered both current events and history/culture, answered some really great questions, gave additional depth to champions and all in all are a greatly missed part of LoL by most people in this thread, and the Lore forums as a whole. Give us back something that connects us to the world of Valoran at large. Let us know what's going on. Show us more culture. I like the holiday like events you've done in game; those are neat, but they're basically just splash art, sound, a few photos, text, and a few temporary consumable item icon changes. Maybe those changes were much more "seen" by the common LoL player, and if you want to push Lore through the client more visually, I'm all for it. But I want more Lore. A lot more. I've been starving since Varus. I miss you guys. I miss the League that hooked me in.

- a lore-hungry man