NEW CHAMPION: Gnar Announced! Freljord?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Samuel L Jaxx

4 Weeks Ago

So here's the preview
http://www.surrenderat20.net/2014/07...view-gnar.html
http://promo.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/gnar/

Well he's been frozen in ice for WHO KNOWS how long.

What place has ice?

Freljord!

So that begs the question...what WAS the strange one eyed monstrosity that burst out of the ground that he defended his family from?

Maybe...it was a watcher like the otherworldly statues that guard howling abyss? It SEEMS to have horns like they do, I cant tell if it has arms. It'd be interesting if this champion could add to watcher and yordle lore. The yordles have a "mother ship" in Bandle city so they come from some other world. Might the watchers TOO also come from another world, from SPAAAAAAACE?!

By world of course I mean a place in the same dimension as Rune Terra, just another planet?

Samuel L Jaxx

SecretLore

4 Weeks Ago

the question is really about where he comes from.
It'd be a bit weird if we'd get another freljord champ(or maybe he is from freljord but is going to live elsewhere?),although it is by no means impossible(I think that they think about the concept first and then simply put it into the nation that fits most to the champion and caveman relates to ice,which relates to the freljord),but it rarely happens.

Overall it may be possible that thing is a watcher,it begs however the question how old the watchers really are and what happened to the yordles who lived there?

the other possibility that comes to my mind is that it is simply some kind of void creature who has one eye similar to vel'koz(but vel just entered this world,so it can't be him),bandle city lies actually quite close to icathia and the ice he was in may have been preserved in some other way.

EDIT:
I doubt he has anything to do with that fan concept,it is like the third one i saw and they all have nothing in common.
The closest I've seen was the concept of a snow yordle called gnar,but he was more of a cute yordle.

Samuel L Jaxx

4 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecretLore View Post
the question is really about where he comes from.
It'd be a bit weird if we'd get another freljord champ(or maybe he is from freljord but is going to live elsewhere?),although it is by no means impossible(I think that they think about the concept first and then simply put it into the nation that fits most to the champion and caveman relates to ice,which relates to the freljord),but it rarely happens.

Overall it may be possible that thing is a watcher,it begs however the question how old the watchers really are and what happened to the yordles who lived there?

the other possibility that comes to my mind is that it is simply some kind of void creature who has one eye similar to vel'koz(but vel just entered this world,so it can't be him),bandle city lies actually quite close to icathia and the ice he was in may have been preserved in some other way.

EDIT:
I doubt he has anything to do with that fan concept,it is like the third one i saw and they all have nothing in common.
The closest I've seen was the concept of a snow yordle called gnar,but he was more of a cute yordle.
An older "Gnar" champion.

http://forums.euw.leagueoflegends.co...d.php?t=803767

LordHippoman

4 Weeks Ago

I am into this guy, I tell you what. Haven't been this excited since Braum...who was the last champion, but...still.

Into this guy.

GenociderX

4 Weeks Ago

My new favorite

Samuel L Jaxx

4 Weeks Ago

Quote:
The Bandle City Mothership
Above the city center sits a hulking, unfinished rocket called the Mothership. There are no records which say where it came from, though oral histories declare that it was there before the first yordles came to settle the Ruddynip Valley. The ship is a cultural icon for yordles across Runeterra and their society is unified around the concept of "getting it ready," or restoring the broken-down structure as a symbol of cooperation. Unfortunately, actual cooperation ends with several unfinished projects littering the site, and ongoing debate over what should be done next.

A Cupcake from the Mothership
One day a local tinker named Beardly Kittle discovered a fossilized cupcake that had been expelled out from the Mothership. During this time witnesses claimed to see lights flashing across the ship for a few seconds. Yordle scientists continue to investigate, though they found it unlikely that the Mothership will be turning on again anytime soon. Nevertheless, the discovery has awakened unified celebration in Bandle City, with Mayor Dennison Jadefellow declaring a city-state holiday.
Oddly I thought the mothership brought the yordles to Rune Terra....but actually it was there before they were.

So what civilization could have built it?

I do think that Gnar has something to do with the origins of Yordles though.

IceHound

4 Weeks Ago

Maybe...Maybe maybe hes an....

ICEHOUND?!?!!?!?!?!?!?

SecretLore

4 Weeks Ago

Just read on surrender@20,that gnar might be from the freljord,but doesn't live there.

GenociderX

4 Weeks Ago

I was sadly mistaken that that post was hi actual skills
So this Gnar character may not be no where close to my interest for champions I own