Early August Patch Notes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RedNog

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-31-2012

I really wish Riot would look into Udyr or even talk about him. He is slowly becoming out classed/outdated as more and more champs become mobile / have lots of utility tools. While he works rather well mid/late his early game mana costs are really bad, especially jungling even with blue you really can't keep up your passive going from camp to camp or even from jungle to gank. If he could somehow transition stances while traveling without completely obliterating his mana and being able to come into a gank without having to fully set up his passive it would help keep him from his slow descent in the jungle ranks.

Far Away Hoy

07-31-2012

played the new cho, a little bit too OP, the ground smash thingy is really hard to dodge now as the red circle on the ground doesn't show untill 0.2 sec right before the dmg kicks in, and i mean...his aoe is bigger now, tankier, more dps, ~~ easily farmed and op

Arcane Azmadi

07-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox P McCloud View Post
Morde chinese art kinda sucks =/
Yeah, because 3 palette swaps of the same static pose are SO much better, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomScar View Post
If you love Zyra and you know how her mechanics work, you know that putting a CD on her Rampant Growth alone will completely destroy her gameplay.

Sorry, but nope. Gotta disagree with ya, mate.
It's her ability to cast a single spell and drop BOTH her seeds into it that makes her OP. The burst is redonkulos for such a cheap combo. It's OK if she leads with her E, drops one seed, follows with her Q and drops her second one for 2 different plants, but she shouldn't be able to get 2 plants from 1 spell without setting them up in advance.

Boyahda

07-31-2012

Don't agree with this proving ground turret change.

Krufix

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-31-2012

From the patch preview this was going to be a patch full of nothing important, reverts on Rumble and Urgot and changes so small they border on aesthetic on ChoGath.

From the patch notes however it's a patch filled with awesome changes. The long awaited Brand ult change, Eve QoL buffs, Yorick nerfs, etc.
You should have put those things in the preview Riot.

The Amumu tweaks seem ok. That mana cost buff was seriously needed. I wonder if it will still be press R to win teamfight after the ratio nerf.

Zelossage

07-31-2012

no soraka art rework...again

RIPbtg

07-31-2012

more janna nerfs >_>

BEST SWAIN USA

07-31-2012

hahahah, no zyra nerfs.

eggmeister00

07-31-2012

yay for Cho'gath buffs

Sarmien Winn

07-31-2012

I don't understand the Janna nerfs.

If I had to guess, Riot wants to make sure she stays as ranged and support, as the attributes for her tell.

In other words "have her play as she is intended"

Though that doesn't explain other previous nerfs, like her passive nerf and cd increases (which affect her supporting role).

I like the Brand buff though, I was always wondering why it had no ability to prioritize champions.

I am always curious about the "why" in the buffs and nerfs in each patch.

hmm...