Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Is Teemo OP?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

zINightFall

07-31-2012

I play as Teemo a lot but lately my friend has been saying hes super OP. I tell him hes not but he dosent listen. Is he OP.

TwistWrist

07-31-2012

He's annoying as hell but not OP.

Shottymaster

07-31-2012

This ^

PrincessIrelia

07-31-2012

There are champs that counter other champs, and sometimes when a player doesn't play very many champs, they end up getting hard countered by another champ. Teemo is a really good split pusher, in which he stays solo top, and never leaves his lane. This allows for him to get to your enemies inhib, and avoid ganks easily. He is not OP, but he is definitely annoying and frustrating at times.

Arikuto

07-31-2012

He's only really viable to be picked as a counter to top lane, since he shuts down basically any melee/ranged fighters due to his blind(does not blind spells only basic attacks).

Calindel

07-31-2012

No champ is OP. Only the players

Arikuto

07-31-2012

Quote:
Calindel:

This isn't necessarily true but skill DOES have a huge impact in this game

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

07-31-2012

Quote:
Calindel:

Let's reword that as "no champ _stays_ OP."

Champions being OP, even if only slightly, is why you see nerfs.

Míley Dyrus

07-31-2012

Teemo is squishy, has no burst damage, and doesn't become a lot more powerful at level 6 like most champions. I use him a lot, but he's not hard to counter,

Osprii

10-07-2012

I believe that Teemo is, in fact, slightly OP. Riot isn't perfect, after all.

My reasons are that his ultimate has a very high amount of damage, and it CAN be used in battle, instead of just to ward the map. Often, shrooms will get Teemo a few kills and assists per game besides allowing his team to know where the enemy team is and guard him from ganks. When I play as most champions, my ult will grab me a few kills or assists, but they WON'T also ward the map for me.

Also, you can just stack a ton of AP on Teemo and it will be nearly as good for his basic attacks as AD items, besides stacking on his other abilities. Toxic Shot has a 40% initial AP ratio. A Needlessly Large Rod has 80 AP, and a BF sword has 45. 40% of 80 is 32. So his basic attacks deal only 13 less on the initial hit, and then they deal 32 MORE points of damage over 4 seconds. This is besides the fact that he also has his blinding dart and his super annoying ultimate that stack well on AP.

That is why I would say Teemo is in fact, slightly OP.

I do agree that Teemo does not have a ton of burst damage, and is super squishy.. just like all the ADC's in the game that have no blind or speed boost. He also doesn't become a lot more powerful instantaneously at level 6, though I have often scored kills or saved my life with a shroom at level 6-9 in lane. However, there are a TON of champs that don't really become super strong at level 6, like Yorick, Heimerdinger, and Udyr. And they are all terrors in their respective lanes or the jungle... if you play them right, of course.

I'm not saying that anyone can play Teemo and own. What I am saying is that people with only mediocre skill can play Teemo and do more for their team than if they were playing "insert champ name here."

The shrooming must stop.