Questions from a level 11 newbie.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

OnlyBotLane

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampStat View Post
Who do you think has a better level 1 fight-Garen or Olaf?
Garen has one of the best level ones in the game. Olaf is average. Not bad but not good at level 1.

ChampStat

08-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlyBotLane View Post
Garen has one of the best level ones in the game. Olaf is average. Not bad but not good at level 1.
OK. Thank you everyone for the information, I will play a few rounds and maybe tell how it went!

EDIT: Lol, early morning responses=no imagination. Too bad about Olaf being average, I was looking forward to getting good with him, but now it seems that there are other characters who would do much better than him(as I have found out, to my pain XD). What starting item(s) would you recommend on Garen? At the moment I do boots 3 potions, but that was from a guide for doing Garen solo top in SR, which ergo isn't necessarily the best for TT.

Killnerve

08-02-2012

Quote:
Thank you! this looks great! The half-jungle top is what I've been trying to do recently. Do you think a good build for that would be cloth5-boots-wriggles-frozen mallet? At least to start?
Alot of my builds are very situational. Armor 5 isn't necessary as far as going top is concerned because you cant really jungle till lvl 5-7 depending on the champ. W

If you're jungling then yes, rush wriggles. Mallet is also situational, it wont really help that much in the jungle beyond a bigger hp pool. Depends on the character

ChampStat

08-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killnerve View Post
Alot of my builds are very situational. Armor 5 isn't necessary as far as going top is concerned because you cant really jungle till lvl 5-7 depending on the champ. W

If you're jungling then yes, rush wriggles. Mallet is also situational, it wont really help that much in the jungle beyond a bigger hp pool. Depends on the character
Well, at the moment, it appears that straight-up jungling is out of the question at my level. Having heard in this thread that Wriggles is highly recommended for Olaf, I'm trying to figure out a new build for him. My old one had the mallet as a core item.

Luego

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-03-2012

Quote:
OK. Thank you everyone for the information, I will play a few rounds and maybe tell how it went!

EDIT: Lol, early morning responses=no imagination. Too bad about Olaf being average, I was looking forward to getting good with him, but now it seems that there are other characters who would do much better than him(as I have found out, to my pain XD). What starting item(s) would you recommend on Garen? At the moment I do boots 3 potions, but that was from a guide for doing Garen solo top in SR, which ergo isn't necessarily the best for TT.
Olaf's definitely not average. He's average at level 1. There's no real reason you ever have to have a fight at level 1 unless you choose to. Pick your fights.

ChampStat

08-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luego View Post
Olaf's definitely not average. He's average at level 1. There's no real reason you ever have to have a fight at level 1 unless you choose to. Pick your fights.
Except that my teammates are thoroughly inundated(usually) in the noob meta, which means I would need to try and save them from a 3v2. Just going to the top lane and waiting for minions would be a bad idea.

Luego

08-03-2012

Quote:
Except that my teammates are thoroughly inundated(usually) in the noob meta, which means I would need to try and save them from a 3v2. Just going to the top lane and waiting for minions would be a bad idea.
They'll learn quickly if you ping another location, and take a different route. They might moan a bit about a missing lvl 1 fight, but very few people are ...stubborn... enough to actually choose to have a lvl 1 2v3 fight.

And even if you do the lvl 1 fight, Olaf's not sub-par, he's just average. Axe gives you vision if you're late to that bush (although NEVER go into that bush unless you're there lightning fast, as even if all 3 of you go in simultaneously it gives the opponents time to pick a target in advance and initiate before you really see them). I think some people take his E first as well, but I never do.

Also, regardless of if you're fighting, assuming you live, get your butt to toplane. If you're hanging out in bottom for that wave, you're taking exp/gold from your bot-lane, and letting your top-lane die in a wasteful minion v. minion battle.

ChampStat

08-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luego View Post
They'll learn quickly if you ping another location, and take a different route. They might moan a bit about a missing lvl 1 fight, but very few people are ...stubborn... enough to actually choose to have a lvl 1 2v3 fight.

And even if you do the lvl 1 fight, Olaf's not sub-par, he's just average. Axe gives you vision if you're late to that bush (although NEVER go into that bush unless you're there lightning fast, as even if all 3 of you go in simultaneously it gives the opponents time to pick a target in advance and initiate before you really see them). I think some people take his E first as well, but I never do.

Also, regardless of if you're fighting, assuming you live, get your butt to toplane. If you're hanging out in bottom for that wave, you're taking exp/gold from your bot-lane, and letting your top-lane die in a wasteful minion v. minion battle.
OK. Thanks for the tip. I'm still looking for an Olaf build though, the boots would be berserkers greaves, but I'm not sure what to start with and in what order I should build Wriggle's and Frozen Mallet. Some tips would be appreciated.

OnlyBotLane

08-06-2012

If you plan on getting wriggles then you should get it first.

Zamkyem

08-07-2012

well, as you get higher and higher in "ranked" 3's, both teams eventually stop fighting in bot bush, and instead go to top jungle and camp out in the top bushes and at their top buff camps (much like Ranked 5's). Also, Red buff is almost always warded, with dragon being the same. I've not jungled enough 3's to have much experience, so i can't say whether or not purely jungling works well.