Questions from a level 11 newbie.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ChampStat

08-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumination View Post
Well I know that with Olaf, especially any kind of jungling Olaf, Wriggle's is pretty much non-negotiable in my experience on TT. Beyond that you build what you need, but Wriggle's will cover your jungling needs.

As for Malphite, I don't really know how good of a jungler he is on TT. The problem is that there is no Blue buff like there is on Summoner's Rift, so he may encounter mana troubles in the early part of his jungling. Though I can't say for sure since as I mentioned earlier, I'm not a jungler.
Alright, thank you for the help. The lack of info on Malphite is okay because I don't own him yet lol. My current Olaf build is Doran's Shield, Berserker's Greaves, Frozen Mallet, Youmuu's Ghostblade. Haven't had a game long enough to get past that. XD It seems that I should start with cloth armor+5 potions, turn that into wriggles?

Killnerve

08-01-2012

Ive been playing alot of TT with my brother since he isnt level 30 yet and we enjoy having 1 random over 3.

Best characters for TT are duelists and bruisers, with few exceptions. Usually you want at least one source of magic damage though. What I would suggest for noob meta is going top lane, so that you can take passes at the jungle after pushing the lane a bit.

Any top jungler is good at this. Especially with built in sustain, since you have no runes. Recommend udyr, lee sin, warwick, or shyvanna. Olaf would probly be pretty good as well.

A typical game for me goes like this: My bro plays Xin, then i play usually someone along the lines of shyv, lee sin, riven, or if i need ap rumble/fizz etc. Our 3rd goes bot with xin and I take top for laning. At lvl 1 we all buy boots asap and race to the bottom bush and either loop around through the jungle or check the mid bush. Because we always have like Xin+Lee+XXX we have super good level ones in almost all cases so we try to get a fight in our favor.

Either way though, we back, heal up/spend money from kills, and then I take top. I usually wait till atleast my 1st or second back (around lvls 5-7) before I even attempt the jungle camps. THE CAMPS ARE TT ARE SUPER STRONG. Not only do they deal crazy damage for creeps, they heal as you fight them. if you are ad and you are top, you should almost always get wriggles.

To succeed in the jungle on TT you basically just need to:
1) Have sustain/pots/armor etc to survive creeps
2) push up your wave and loop back to the jungle (or gank bot)
3) be able to take the creep camp + the enemy laner if they come
4) good idea to have a ward if you might get low in the jungle

Hope this helps

ChampStat

08-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killnerve View Post
Ive been playing alot of TT with my brother since he isnt level 30 yet and we enjoy having 1 random over 3.

Best characters for TT are duelists and bruisers, with few exceptions. Usually you want at least one source of magic damage though. What I would suggest for noob meta is going top lane, so that you can take passes at the jungle after pushing the lane a bit.

Any top jungler is good at this. Especially with built in sustain, since you have no runes. Recommend udyr, lee sin, warwick, or shyvanna. Olaf would probly be pretty good as well.

A typical game for me goes like this: My bro plays Xin, then i play usually someone along the lines of shyv, lee sin, riven, or if i need ap rumble/fizz etc. Our 3rd goes bot with xin and I take top for laning. At lvl 1 we all buy boots asap and race to the bottom bush and either loop around through the jungle or check the mid bush. Because we always have like Xin+Lee+XXX we have super good level ones in almost all cases so we try to get a fight in our favor.

Either way though, we back, heal up/spend money from kills, and then I take top. I usually wait till atleast my 1st or second back (around lvls 5-7) before I even attempt the jungle camps. THE CAMPS ARE TT ARE SUPER STRONG. Not only do they deal crazy damage for creeps, they heal as you fight them. if you are ad and you are top, you should almost always get wriggles.

To succeed in the jungle on TT you basically just need to:
1) Have sustain/pots/armor etc to survive creeps
2) push up your wave and loop back to the jungle (or gank bot)
3) be able to take the creep camp + the enemy laner if they come
4) good idea to have a ward if you might get low in the jungle

Hope this helps
Thank you! this looks great! The half-jungle top is what I've been trying to do recently. Do you think a good build for that would be cloth5-boots-wriggles-frozen mallet? At least to start?

OnlyBotLane

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampStat View Post
Just realized I didn't respond to this. Sorry for the confusion, I will try again. The standard is 2 bottom lane and 1 top, BUT before minions spawn everyone goes bottom for a level 1 teamfight. I'm looking for a counter to this, something like hitting a few jungle camps, getting level 2 before they do, then force a fight while they are only level one.
If you don't have a jungler try this: Take the middle camp all together and trying to take minimal damage (kite the camp around) Then you should go to lane about half way to level 2. Send 2 top or bot then send 1 to the other lane. The person who goes to the solo lane will get a huge exp lead and as long as you don't die to the 3 sitting in the bush you will be really really far ahead.

ChampStat

08-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlyBotLane View Post
If you don't have a jungler try this: Take the middle camp all together and trying to take minimal damage (kite the camp around) Then you should go to lane about half way to level 2. Send 2 top or bot then send 1 to the other lane. The person who goes to the solo lane will get a huge exp lead and as long as you don't die to the 3 sitting in the bush you will be really really far ahead.
But doesn't the center camp(red buff) spawn later?

token white kid

08-01-2012

I've found the best way to counter that meta is to wait in the jungle for one of them to go top and then you should have an easy kill.

OnlyBotLane

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-01-2012

Quote:
But doesn't the center camp(red buff) spawn later?
I meant centre as in the centre of your side of the jungle. So it should be either the wraiths or the golem and lizards.

ChampStat

08-01-2012

Quote:
I meant centre as in the centre of your side of the jungle. So it should be either the wraiths or the golem and lizards.
Ah. Do you think it could be possible to hit their center camp too? in order to get level 2 for an advantage in the fight? My understanding of the timing would be this:
Head to camp. Monsters spawn at the same time as minions. Clear camp while minions are walking. Go to other camp. Clear it while enemy team starts farming minions. Get level 2 while they are only 1. Force a teamfight and win since you have more spells. Or would you be to low from both camps?

OnlyBotLane

08-01-2012

Quote:
Ah. Do you think it could be possible to hit their center camp too? in order to get level 2 for an advantage in the fight? My understanding of the timing would be this:
Head to camp. Monsters spawn at the same time as minions. Clear camp while minions are walking. Go to other camp. Clear it while enemy team starts farming minions. Get level 2 while they are only 1. Force a teamfight and win since you have more spells. Or would you be to low from both camps?
Danger is that as you go higher up the other team will tend to take their camp too so they will be waiting there.. If you have a team with a strong level 1 fight though yes you should take theirs too.

ChampStat

08-01-2012

Quote:
Danger is that as you go higher up the other team will tend to take their camp too so they will be waiting there.. If you have a team with a strong level 1 fight though yes you should take theirs too.
Who do you think has a better level 1 fight-Garen or Olaf?