Questions from a level 11 newbie.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ChampStat

07-31-2012

Hello everyone! This is my first post in these forums.
I always play Twisted Treeline (with only one Dominion game to my name), and am currently at level 11. My questions involve jungling in the current TT noob meta, viz., everyone runs to bottom lane as fast as they can and hops in that little bush at the bottom. First team there waits for the other team to arrive, and then attacks. There are usually 1-2 deaths on either side. After that, everyone farms the first wave of minions, then one goes top, resulting in a 2-bottom lane 1-top lane situation for the majority of the game.
My first question is this: Can anyone give me a early game meta that would effectively counter the noob meta? Keep these facts in mind: a) We have 90-95% certainty on the positions of all three of their players, regardless of whether we see them or not, and b) anything involving sending 1 or 2 to bottom lane alone would result in them losing a teamfight to the 3.
An idea I have would be: everyone going to middle monster camp on their side, waiting for it to spawn(which is about when minions spawn, I believe), clearing the camp, then using the two bushes at the top of the bottom lane to gank them about when the minions arrive. This plan obviously hinges on whether or not you can level up from clearing one camp. If not, you could head to the other camp, then go down, but that would slightly hamper the advantage, which is mainly hitting level 2 before they do.
My second question is about jungling in the noob meta. If I were to jungle, then that would result in 2 solo lanes (which is a goal of jungling), but the bottom lane would then be in a 1v2 and would hate me for jungling. Would I then just mainly stay in mid-jungle and gank bottom lane often to make up the difference?
I thank you all in advance for any advice you can give.

EDIT: A question that I forgot to ask: Can clearing the camps in the Twisted Treeline keep you on the same level/gold as your teammates laning? Or do you need lots of ganks to supplement it?

Quick Rawr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-31-2012

Mundo stops the bush thing quite effectively - Just cleaver them over and over.

As you become higher leveled, you can ping your team away from the bush and go to a jungle camp to start off with some higher cash/exp than the other team and go from there.

߃ Sword

07-31-2012

if youre still in the noob meta, try getting bush checkers like mundo or kennen (both very storng picks)

or even someone like blitzcrank who can rape like that

Rumination

07-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampStat View Post
Hello everyone! This is my first post in these forums.
I always play Twisted Treeline (with only one Dominion game to my name), and am currently at level 11. My questions involve jungling in the current TT noob meta, viz., everyone runs to bottom lane as fast as they can and hops in that little bush at the bottom. First team there waits for the other team to arrive, and then attacks. There are usually 1-2 deaths on either side. After that, everyone farms the first wave of minions, then one goes top, resulting in a 2-bottom lane 1-top lane situation for the majority of the game.
My first question is this: Can anyone give me a early game meta that would effectively counter the noob meta? Keep these facts in mind: a) We have 90-95% certainty on the positions of all three of their players, regardless of whether we see them or not, and b) anything involving sending 1 or 2 to bottom lane alone would result in them losing a teamfight to the 3.
An idea I have would be: everyone going to middle monster camp on their side, waiting for it to spawn(which is about when minions spawn, I believe), clearing the camp, then using the two bushes at the top of the bottom lane to gank them about when the minions arrive. This plan obviously hinges on whether or not you can level up from clearing one camp. If not, you could head to the other camp, then go down, but that would slightly hamper the advantage, which is mainly hitting level 2 before they do.
My second question is about jungling in the noob meta. If I were to jungle, then that would result in 2 solo lanes (which is a goal of jungling), but the bottom lane would then be in a 1v2 and would hate me for jungling. Would I then just mainly stay in mid-jungle and gank bottom lane often to make up the difference?
I thank you all in advance for any advice you can give.

EDIT: A question that I forgot to ask: Can clearing the camps in the Twisted Treeline keep you on the same level/gold as your teammates laning? Or do you need lots of ganks to supplement it?
With regards to your question about the opening meta, I'm not really sure what you're asking, as it's a bit convoluted. What I CAN tell you is that your opening move should be almost entirely dependent upon how strong your level 1 team-fight is. I.E. if you're running a team comp like, say, Kennen + Tryndamere + Mordekaiser, or something like that, then getting into a dust-up at level 1 is probably the worst possible idea since all 3 of those champions are complete and total @SS at level 1.

Concerning Jungling, I am by no means a jungling expert, so take what I say with a grain of salt. The Jungle touched me in inappropriate places on Summoner's Rift, and we haven't been on speaking terms since. That being said, what little I do know of the TT Jungle is that it's VERY important to control, and having a good jungler on your team is part of the high-elo metagame currently.

That being said, trying to jungle on TT at your level is essentially suicide. At least, trying to jungle right off the bat. You can maybe venture in at level 3-4 with a madred's. The reason for this is that the TT jungle is a very unforgiving place at early levels: you NEED full masteries and jungler-runes to be able to survive early. Basically, that means to you need to be Summoner level 30 before you can really effectively jungle on TT, unless you're playing Nunu but he's the exception, and even then I don't know the intricacies of his jungling. I hope this has helped.

ChampStat

07-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Rawr View Post
Mundo stops the bush thing quite effectively - Just cleaver them over and over.

As you become higher leveled, you can ping your team away from the bush and go to a jungle camp to start off with some higher cash/exp than the other team and go from there.
But can I be assured of level 2 from the camp? Because I was thinking if I/we had 2 spells but they only had one since they were in bush, it would result in an easier win in the first encounter.
I also find Lux to be good at bush checking because her Lucent Singularity reveals the area.
Thank you for the info!

ChampStat

07-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumination View Post
With regards to your question about the opening meta, I'm not really sure what your asking, as it's a bit convoluted. What I CAN tell you is that your opening move should be almost entirely dependent upon how strong your level 1 team-fight is. I.E. if you're running a team comp like, say, Kennen + Tryndamere + Mordekaiser, or something like that, then getting into a dust-up at level 1 is probably the worst possible idea since all 3 of those champions are complete and total @SS at level 1.

Concerning Jungling, I am by no means a jungling expert, so take what I say with a grain of salt. The Jungle touched me in inappropriate places on Summoner's Rift, and we haven't been on speaking terms since. That being said, what little I do know of the TT Jungle is that it's VERY important to control, and having a good jungler on your team is part of the high-elo metagame currently.

That being said, trying to jungle on TT at your level is essentially suicide. At least, trying to jungle right off the bat. You can maybe venture in at level 3-4 with a madred's. The reason for this is that the TT jungle is a very unforgiving place at early levels: you NEED full masteries and jungler-runes to be able to survive early. Basically, that means to you need to be Summoner level 30 before you can really effectively jungle on TT, unless you're playing Nunu but he's the exception, and even then I don't know the intricacies of his jungling. I hope this has helped.
It did help, thank you. Too bad runes/masteries are so important for that stuff. Do you think a half-jungle(alternate buff camp/lane farm) would be better?

Rumination

07-31-2012

Quote:
It did help, thank you. Too bad runes/masteries are so important for that stuff. Do you think a half-jungle(alternate buff camp/lane farm) would be better?
Indeed, starting in lane then slowly alternating between jungle and lane until you have a Wriggle's or whatever constitutes self-sufficient jungling items for your champion is a much better route. If you want to slowly make the transition to dedicated jungler from laner in any given game, don't be afraid to take Smite even if you're spending some time in lane first.

ChampStat

07-31-2012

Quote:
Indeed, starting in lane then slowly alternating between jungle and lane until you have a Wriggle's or whatever constitutes self-sufficient jungling items for your champion is a much better route. If you want to slowly make the transition to dedicated jungler from laner in any given game, don't be afraid to take Smite even if you're spending some time in lane first.
The character I am currently thinkg of jungling with is Olaf, because I happen to own him. However, I am pretty fresh with him and so far have only one win. I am also considering buying Malphite to round out my champion collection. Could anyone offer some recommended jungle items for these two? I'm liking wriggles, simply for the free ward, but I know some champions don't use it.
I am really appreciating all the help! Glad that there is such a community willing to help noobs!

Rumination

07-31-2012

Quote:
The character I am currently thinkg of jungling with is Olaf, because I happen to own him. However, I am pretty fresh with him and so far have only one win. I am also considering buying Malphite to round out my champion collection. Could anyone offer some recommended jungle items for these two? I'm liking wriggles, simply for the free ward, but I know some champions don't use it.
I am really appreciating all the help! Glad that there is such a community willing to help noobs!
Well I know that with Olaf, especially any kind of jungling Olaf, Wriggle's is pretty much non-negotiable in my experience on TT. Beyond that you build what you need, but Wriggle's will cover your jungling needs.

As for Malphite, I don't really know how good of a jungler he is on TT. The problem is that there is no Blue buff like there is on Summoner's Rift, so he may encounter mana troubles in the early part of his jungling. Though I can't say for sure since as I mentioned earlier, I'm not a jungler.

ChampStat

08-01-2012

Quote:
With regards to your question about the opening meta, I'm not really sure what you're asking, as it's a bit convoluted.
Just realized I didn't respond to this. Sorry for the confusion, I will try again. The standard is 2 bottom lane and 1 top, BUT before minions spawn everyone goes bottom for a level 1 teamfight. I'm looking for a counter to this, something like hitting a few jungle camps, getting level 2 before they do, then force a fight while they are only level one.