Manamune is to Wit's End

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mjollnir

09-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violents View Post
Wit's End removing a percentage of max mana would be overpowered. All you'd have to ever do is stack attack speed and buy a Wit's End and it's GG against casters.

If Wit's End was like so:

40 AS
40 MR
2% of target's current mana in damage

I'd be happy. You could remove a lot of mana, but in a balanced, acceptable way.
That is less than what it does now. Someone already pointed that out. Read the dam thread before posting.

PineappleThis

09-11-2010

Updated the first post with all the suggestions made thus far.

Militis

09-11-2010

I have to say, I agree with a buff for wit's end. Can't say I use it much but even as it is I only use it on champs like Wick for added dmg, I'm not buying it because of the mana removal. I think it should be changed to not deal extra damage, but to take off 10% of the mana or so...yeah random figure would need to be looked at more closely...... but my reasoning is that those champs that are reliant on mana generally have disables and are nukers anyway so they are extremely hard to get close too and by which time the 42 mana or whatever is just a tickle. In order for it to be useful it needs to really smash their mana bar so that they can only get off 1 or 2 spells if they have not come to the fight with a full mana bar.

My vote is up the cost and take off the added damage but truly destroy someones mana bar. This makes it a much more strategic item!!!!

TimeScar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-11-2010

Riot knows Wit's End is not very useful, I just don't think it's high on their priority list of things to fix. *shrug* but what do I know?

Voidgolem

09-11-2010

Wit's end's always been fairly bad to mediocre mid-late game except versus extremely mana intensive champions.

Or blitzcrank.

PineappleThis

09-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Militis View Post
I have to say, I agree with a buff for wit's end. Can't say I use it much but even as it is I only use it on champs like Wick for added dmg, I'm not buying it because of the mana removal. I think it should be changed to not deal extra damage, but to take off 10% of the mana or so...yeah random figure would need to be looked at more closely...... but my reasoning is that those champs that are reliant on mana generally have disables and are nukers anyway so they are extremely hard to get close too and by which time the 42 mana or whatever is just a tickle. In order for it to be useful it needs to really smash their mana bar so that they can only get off 1 or 2 spells if they have not come to the fight with a full mana bar.

My vote is up the cost and take off the added damage but truly destroy someones mana bar. This makes it a much more strategic item!!!!
Yea I wouldn't mind it being changed to pure mana removal, and make it truly destroy someone's mana. The problem is how you want it to work exactly. Do you want to be able to drain someone's mana so fast that they can't cast any spells? (unlikely to ever happen in current state). Or do you want to be able to drain their mana after there first cast spells and make them unable to come back into the fight? (more likely, not as useful)

TrrZ

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-11-2010

Quote:
Completely crushes Wit's End out of viability.
which it has never been in

wit's end is long time gone, since 9 out of 10 teams have a non mana champ, 5/10 have 2 of them and 1/10 has only 1 champ affected by wit's end

if it did true damage it could've been viable sometimes but considering the fact that between natural mr, aegis aura and mercs/some other mr items that even squishies get it's damage is cut almost in half

Yellow Jester

09-11-2010

Wit's end was viable?

MindlessLegend

09-11-2010

*****BEST IDEA EVER*******

Keep everything the same BUT, reduce mana regen/consumption (example clarity spell and mana per hit from taric would also be reduced) by 50% for 4 seconds on basic attack.

PineappleThis

09-12-2010

Honestly, Wit's End was almost never viable, but I feel that the introduction of the manamune really pushes it over the edge of completely useless.