Manamune is to Wit's End

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

iDeck

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

09-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violents View Post
Wit's End removing a percentage of max mana would be overpowered. All you'd have to ever do is stack attack speed and buy a Wit's End and it's GG against casters.

If Wit's End was like so:

40 AS
40 MR
2% of target's current mana in damage

I'd be happy. You could remove a lot of mana, but in a balanced, acceptable way.
Yi kills most casters in 3-4 hits. That's pretty worthless. Wits end should be able to remove a persons escape mechs when they're LoM. 2% is nothin.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PineappleThis

Senior Member

09-10-2010

2% only becomes more effective when a champion has over 2100 mana. Up until then, the current version of 42 mana is more mana and damage.

2100 is way too late in the game to be useful.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Chiptune

Senior Member

09-10-2010

More mana they have the more damage you get to do. Seems like a fair trade to me.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hamsamwich

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

09-10-2010

I hope it becomes something like Mardreds . . .


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gunflame

Senior Member

09-10-2010

Current Wit's End
+40% Attack Speed
+30 Magic Resistance
UNIQUE Passive: Physical Attacks remove up to 42 mana from the target and deal additional damage equal to the amount of mana removed.

My suggestion:
+40% Attack Speed
+30 Magic Resistance
UNIQUE Passive: Physical Attacks remove up to 42 mana from the target and deal additional Magic damage equal to the amount of mana removed.
UNIQUE Active: Triples the effect of it passive for 5 seconds, but the passive is removed until the active is ready again. 60 seconds cooldown.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PineappleThis

Senior Member

09-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunflame View Post
Current Wit's End
+40% Attack Speed
+30 Magic Resistance
UNIQUE Passive: Physical Attacks remove up to 42 mana from the target and deal additional damage equal to the amount of mana removed.

My suggestion:
+40% Attack Speed
+30 Magic Resistance
UNIQUE Passive: Physical Attacks remove up to 42 mana from the target and deal additional Magic damage equal to the amount of mana removed.
UNIQUE Active: Triples the effect of its passive for 5 seconds, but the passive is removed until the active is ready again. 60 seconds cooldown.
I like it... but the active triples would drain 126 mana and deal 126 damage. Assuming you get 3 hits in while active thats 378 mana/damage. It definitely sounds a bit high on paper/theory but it might not be that bad.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gunflame

Senior Member

09-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by PineappleThis View Post
I like it... but the active triples would drain 126 mana and deal 126 damage. Assuming you get 3 hits in while active thats 378 mana/damage. It definitely sounds a bit high on paper/theory but it might not be that bad.
That's why it is an active with a 60 sec cooldown, only lasts 5 seconds and it has a steep penalty after it is used (you completely lose the passive so your damage output goes below what it used to be before you actived the item).Also it is magic damage, reduced by magic resist, if the target has 30 MR it does 290 damage. If it has 100 MR it only does 189 damage.

It doesn't work on non-mana champions. It drains quite a bit of mana IF USED RIGHT otherwise it is pretty weak.

It would still be a niche item, but it could be very useful. Amumu has 850 mana at lvl 18 (without mana items) if you take out 400-500 of his mana he can't tank well enough.

I mean this is up for discussion but i think it is fair, you can always stun the champion when he activates, or flash/ghost away and it would make him waste his activation.

Edit: I've got a better idea. It triples the mana removed but doesnt affect the damage dealth. Or overall make it that it deal 1/2 the mana it removes as magic damage.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PineappleThis

Senior Member

09-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunflame View Post
That's why it is an active with a 60 sec cooldown, only lasts 5 seconds and it has a steep penalty after it is used (you completely lose the passive so your damage output goes below what it used to be before you actived the item).Also it is magic damage, reduced by magic resist, if the target has 30 MR it does 290 damage. If it has 100 MR it only does 189 damage.

It doesn't work on non-mana champions. It drains quite a bit of mana IF USED RIGHT otherwise it is pretty weak.

It would still be a niche item, but it could be very useful. Amumu has 850 mana at lvl 18 (without mana items) if you take out 400-500 of his mana he can't tank well enough.

I mean this is up for discussion but i think it is fair, you can always stun the champion when he activates, or flash/ghost away and it would make him waste his activation.

Edit: I've got a better idea. It triples the mana removed but doesnt affect the damage dealth. Or overall make it that it deal 1/2 the mana it removes as magic damage.
Yea that's a great idea. The mana removal amount is fine it's the damage I could see being a problem early in the game. Making it half sounds about good.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GearsPoweredfool

Senior Member

09-10-2010

I disagree, you're asking for it to do additional damage to high mana users. Instead they should change it to

Wits End:
40% Attack speed
30 Magic resistance
Unique Passive: Drains 42 + 2-5% of enemy champions max mana (No extra bonus damage)

Now you can have your counter to manamune.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

d3nyd

Senior Member

09-10-2010

Wit's End was always bad. It didn't take Manamune to make it that way.