Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Manamune is to Wit's End

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

tonpole

09-10-2010

It's magic damage.

iDeck

Recruiter

09-10-2010

Make wits end a more end game item. Recurve, Pick Axe, Negatron Cloak, eats 10% of targets maximum mana and converts xx % into damage. I don't do math but they can figure it out.

Pr0fessional

Recruiter

09-10-2010

Quote:
Dirtysprocket:
At 2%, targeting a hero with 2000 mana, you are removing 40, and dealing only 20.

And you want to RAISE the price?

Errr, please no nurfs!

Lol was just throwing out numbers, but as is it's only a 2k item so raising the price wouldn't be a huge issue.

Prolly 5% Remove and 1/2 that as dmg would be better*
Then you wouldn't be primarily focusing it for the dmg, but the secondary effect of the actual mana removal

Noctai

09-10-2010

WE is Magic damage. And it already was useless, considering the number of champions without mana:

Akali
Mundo
Garen
Katarina
Kennen
Mordekaiser
Shen
Tryndamere
Vladamir

Good luck getting a match without at least one of these (Esp Shen, Vlad, Mord, Garen).

eSPee

09-10-2010

Just add 5% mana drain and quarter of that is dealt as MAGIC damage.

Epicurite

09-10-2010

What about "Unique Active: Drain 25% of target's mana, deals half the mana drained in magic damage to target." I mean that is a pretty decent active and makes the item viable mid and late game. Assuming 2k mana, that is 500 drained and 250 magic damage. The damage is nice but most of the time you will be using it for the drain. This also continues to do what it needs which is fight AP heavy teams but gives support characters another option to help out.

rofltehcat

09-10-2010

I'm a bit unsure about the mathcraft behind Wit's End.
The description says that it drains up to 42 Mana and deals the same amount of damage.

I'm a bit unhappy about the "up to"...
Does it drain 42 Mana reduced by MR and then deals 42 magic damage which is equally reduced by MR?
Or is it even 42 Mana reduced by MR (to let's say 30) and this then reduced to ~20?

BiggerFish

09-10-2010

Wits End damage is affected by MR.

PineappleThis

09-10-2010

Quote:
rofltehcat:
I'm a bit unsure about the mathcraft behind Wit's End.
The description says that it drains up to 42 Mana and deals the same amount of damage.

I'm a bit unhappy about the "up to"...
Does it drain 42 Mana reduced by MR and then deals 42 magic damage which is equally reduced by MR?
Or is it even 42 Mana reduced by MR (to let's say 30) and this then reduced to ~20?

The up to means if they have less than 42 mana it'll drain the rest of it. If they have 30 mana they'll drain the 30 mana and do 30 equivalent damage instead of the 42. And it's 42 mana drained with the damage being reduced by MR

Katarìna

09-10-2010

Wit's End removing a percentage of max mana would be overpowered. All you'd have to ever do is stack attack speed and buy a Wit's End and it's GG against casters.

If Wit's End was like so:

40 AS
40 MR
2% of target's current mana in damage

I'd be happy. You could remove a lot of mana, but in a balanced, acceptable way.