Manamune is to Wit's End

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ScrewtapeGG

09-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pr0fessional View Post
Wit's end should be
40% IAS
30 MR
Unique:
Remove 2% of targets max mana per hit
Deals half the removed mana as bonus dmg

*Prolly bump the price up by 500 to balance it a bit*
At 2%, targeting a hero with 2000 mana, you are removing 40, and dealing only 20.

And you want to RAISE the price?

Errr, please no nurfs!

PirateDook

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

09-10-2010

Quote:
Wit's end should be
40% IAS
30 MR
Unique:

hmm with a passive like that it'd have to be more expensive and/or another ingredient

ScrewtapeGG

09-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by PineappleThis View Post
I've never been able to officially confirm whether Wit's End's damage is pure(true) damage or magic damage. That definitely changes things. But since True damage is so rare, my assumption is that it's in the form of magic damage.
Most heros you would get this item to counter, well, they won't have much MR anyway. IMO it doesn't really matter much.

LGD Oxzy

09-10-2010

At least when you're targeting Manamune totting champs, you're guaranteed to get that 42 bonus dmg until they die now.

GNOY

09-10-2010

Wits end was hardly viably with most champs to begin with.... why you even complaining?

Noctai

09-10-2010

Quote:
Wit's end should be
40% IAS
30 MR
Unique:

2% drain and 1% damage isn't going to be squat. Against a carry with 800 mana, thats 8 bonus damage and in 25 hits you'll've drained 400 mana vs how it is right now its 42 bonus damage and you'll've drained 400 mana in 10 hits.

Against a caster with a huge mana pool of 3000, you'll be dealing 30 bonus damage and in 25 hits you'll've drained half their mana pool (useless since they don't actually need that much and they have huge regen with it that high) and they should've been dead long before you got to 25 hits.

This idea is horrible, or at least your estimated stats are.

ScrewtapeGG

09-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by GNOY View Post
Wits end was hardly viably with most champs to begin with.... why you even complaining?
Translation:

"There were roaches before you moved in, why you even complaining?"

ur smart

PineappleThis

09-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lockethegreat View Post
I feel think shadow has the right idea here. I feel like you should be valuing the bonus dmg. even if its not pure, its straight bonus dmg, and it slightly inconveniences the enemy. Maybe lower the cost that is budgeted to the passive? But only a little bit. I feel like that would create a nice balance. I dunno how efficient it is, but unless its terribly inefficient, I dunno why people hate on it so much.
The problem with looking at it from the damage point of view is that damage is not:
  • Affected by armor pen runes (which most dps champs get)
  • Included in critical strike damage
  • Included when attacking with lifesteal
So if you like to get IE and crits then that bonus damage isn't applied with crits which becomes a major source of your damage. I personally love lifesteal, and this bonus damage doesn't help apply the lifesteal except for the higher attack speed.

ScrewtapeGG

09-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by PineappleThis View Post
The problem with looking at it from the damage point of view is that damage is not:
  • Affected by armor pen runes (which most dps champs get)
  • Included in critical strike damage
  • Included when attacking with lifesteal
So if you like to get IE and crits then that bonus damage isn't applied with crits which becomes a major source of your damage. I personally love lifesteal, and this bonus damage doesn't help apply the lifesteal except for the higher attack speed.

Let me add to this.

The reason to Wit's End is to gain some MR vs AP heavy team, but still get some pew pew with your purchase.

Buff the damage a bit, Buff the resists a bit more, and this item starts to look much better.

Uccisore

09-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwordOrShield View Post
Can someone confirm if WE is Pure Damage or Magic Damage? I think it's Magic.
It's magic. I've never done 42 damage to anything with it.