Login Error Invalid username/password combination. Please try again.

First Riot Post
1234511 ... 12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Butt Butt

11-09-2009

Whenever I put in my account login into the launcher I get Invalid username/password combination. Please try again. Well when I go onto leagueoflegends.com and sign in, my exact same account information works, and I can log in. Whats going on with this? I'm running Windows 7 64-bit but that shouldn't matter because I was playing games yesterday and everything was fine. Anybody have any ideas?

TheAce

11-09-2009

Having the same exact problem here.

Running Naked Fat Man

11-09-2009

You are both banned from LoL game, just not the forums???

But more seriously, I would quadruple check your game client log-in info. I was having this same issue once, but then I realized I added an N to my name.

Butt Butt

11-10-2009

I'm defintely not banned, I made a new account and it still didn't sign me unless of course they banned my ip address but I haven't done anything to deserve that. And I have checked 100 times to make sure I have the right login info. I have no idea what this is. Should I post my dxdiag cause this doesn't seem like a hardware issue.

TheAce

11-10-2009

Yeah I haven't even played the game yet. I have no idea what I could have possibly done to get banned.
I've also checked my login info a ton, and it always works for the forums, but not the game client.

Butt Butt

11-10-2009

As of now I've completely reinstalled the game and it didn't do anything. I've also just emailed riot to see if they can help me out. I'm lost as to what this issue could be. I'm also attaching my dxdiag.

Jesse Perring

NOC Technician

11-10-2009
1 of 8 Riot Posts

At the moment there's a bug with punctuation in passwords. If you have any strange punctuation, change the password using the account management tool on the forums (it's in the top right corner of all leagueoflegends.com pages).

Another possibility is that you have a US account but you're trying to log in to the European client. Make sure you installed the game from the setup file found on http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/download.

Butt Butt

11-10-2009

Ok I know I don't have any strange punctuation or characters, but I did download the client from gamershell.com. I'm going to uninstall the game and install the client from this website. Ill post again when I finish everything.

Butt Butt

11-10-2009

Thank you very much Jesse it seems that websites like gamershell.com and atomicgamer offer the European client and wasn't allowing me to log in. Thanks again.

Jozrael

QA Analyst

Follow Jozrael on Twitter

11-12-2009
2 of 8 Riot Posts

THANK YOU Butt Butt for explaining why this was the case.

1234511 ... 12